Ron Jaworski is a *****'

docfalcon

The question was just asked on the ESPN football telecast if the Falcons can compete with the Saints. Jabroni says without any hesitation, "NO!!!". Gruden comes back to say that Matt Ryan can compete with anyone, but that he believes that the Saints will be better with another year in Greg Williams defense. Now I'm not usually one to comment on what a talking head says, but on a Nationally televised game you would think we might get more respect from someone who is supposed to be an expert former player. Jabroni is a *****'

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It just burns me that we get so little national attention and when we do, it is some naysayer saying we cant be the Saints. Didn't we give them two of their hardest games last year one missing our starting RB and the other missing our starting QB and RB? People act as if they went 18-0 or something. They are good but the 2006 Colts were a much better offense and they didn't repeat

The question was just asked on the ESPN football telecast if the Falcons can compete with the Saints. Jabroni says without any hesitation, "NO!!!". Gruden comes back to say that Matt Ryan can compete with anyone, but that he believes that the Saints will be better with another year in Greg Williams defense. Now I'm not usually one to comment on what a talking head says, but on a Nationally televised game you would think we might get more respect from someone who is supposed to be an expert former player. Jabroni is a *****'

i know its just preseason, but this defense got ripped apart by brady and the patriots tonight.

:lol: Some are not satisfied unless we're getting a rim job from announcers. :rolleyes:

I believe you are projecting just a bit there buddy! My point was that as an analyst he should be a bit more objective. If the announcer had asked if Tampa could compete with them this year then I could understand the immediate "no" answer. But the we have a legitimate team with a favorable schedule. To me it seems that this is either a complete dismissal of our team or "rim job" as you say for the Saints.

This is just going to make that Monday Night game in the Georgia Dome so much more sweet. It's all just building up now. I kind of like that people doubt us.

Yep, I'll be at the game but I will definitely record it. I love in the past when the talking heads start to trash the Falcons then they start winning and these talking heads start back peddling to save a little face.

Jaworski was a lousy QB, and carried that over to being a talking head. Gruden wasn't a really good coach, but I do like him as an announcer.

Regardless, the Falcons gave the Aints all they could handle two times last year, the second time with half our starters out, and in their Dome.

So, anyone who doesn't think our improved team can run with them has not considered the facts.

I believe you are projecting just a bit there buddy! My point was that as an analyst he should be a bit more objective. If the announcer had asked if Tampa could compete with them this year then I could understand the immediate "no" answer. But the we have a legitimate team with a favorable schedule. To me it seems that this is either a complete dismissal of our team or "rim job" as you say for the Saints.

His job is to analyze, not to try and please every fan out there. Saints/Falcons is projected to be one of the closest races in the NFL for divisional titles this season, so every analyst out there has studied this matchup. Even though I cannot stand Jaws, there is no reason for him to try and placate every Falcon fan out there when he is asked this question. It's his opinion that the Saints will win again and we can't. Fine, it's his opinion, let him be wrong in it. Just because he has his opinion and expresses it does NOT mean that he wasn't being objective when he formulated his opinion. People take what these talking heads say WAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY too seriously.

Jaws is OK to listen to explaining a play like NFL matchup but he is a jerk every other time he speaks. He also desires to appear smarter than Gruden.....(crickets).......aint gonna happen. I was more excited that Pat Kirwan's opinion changed after coming to camp. I value his word a thousand times over any Jabber Jaws. Remember it doesn't matter what any of them say now, by week 6 they will all be believers.

Jaworski was a lousy QB, and carried that over to being a talking head. Gruden wasn't a really good coach, but I do like him as an announcer.

Regardless, the Falcons gave the Aints all they could handle two times last year, the second time with half our starters out, and in their Dome.

So, anyone who doesn't think our improved team can run with them has not considered the facts.

That's what I remember about Jaworski as well. Funny how someone puts a little make up on them and turns on the camera and they are the greatest.