Vastly improved Ryan has Falcons poised to catapult Saints

wdanis

How is Matt Ryan vastly improved though ?

His arm is still very spotty case in point that weak throw that cause Jenkins to get hurt

guess Pat Kirwan missed that throw

He threw a 60-yard pass that Roddy White was unable to close on, demonstrating his new arm strength

from what I seen in Ryan so far this year I dont see any DRAMATIC change

The biggest key to lean to through this is his 3rd year in SAME SYSTEM so big things are expected

Edited by SWIFT HITTER

His arm is still very spotty case in point that weak throw that cause Jenkins to get hurt

I can think of a couple of reasons a ball could be under thrown:

1. lack of arm strength to get the ball downfield

2. QB misjudging where the receiver will be when ball comes down from it's arc

3. QB not planting properly for a deep ball (throwing off back foot in the face of pressure for instance)

4. receiver not running a route properly (such as in a stop-and-go where the stop never happens)

I didn't see the Jenkins injury so I couldn't say what happened, but having said that I think it's at least in the realm of possibility that maybe Ryan misjudged where Jenkins would be. Perhaps it was just a simple misthrow.

I can think of a couple of reasons a ball could be under thrown:

1. lack of arm strength to get the ball downfield

2. QB misjudging where the receiver will be when ball comes down from it's arc

3. QB not planting properly for a deep ball (throwing off back foot in the face of pressure for instance)

4. receiver not running a route properly (such as in a stop-and-go where the stop never happens)

I didn't see the Jenkins injury so I couldn't say what happened, but having said that I think it's at least in the realm of possibility that maybe Ryan misjudged where Jenkins would be. Perhaps it was just a simple misthrow.

no knock but this throw was quite PATHETIC ..

My link

Ryan basically had a running start and ball goes 48 yards...I can go out and throw the rock 50 yards no problem and this has been one of Ryan flaws is his arm..He does have other great talen from his poise to his leadership his accuracy is pretty solid .., but this could stop him from being on that elite level

My link

Ryan basically had a running start and ball goes 48 yards...I can go out and throw the rock 50 yards no problem and this has been one of Ryan flaws is his arm..He does have other great talen from his poise to his leadership his accuracy is pretty solid .., but this could stop him from being on that elite level

What other throws have you seen Ryan make this year?

My link

Every time I come across one of your posts, I always roll my eyes and think how much of a hater you are. Between you and crankdatfalcon, i don't know who's worse. Quit drinking that haterade already, seriously.

Look at the defenders. There was a defender behind jenkins and one to his left. If you watch the clip you will see that Ryan adjusted his throw to the only spot that Jenkins could get his hands on it but no db could.

lol you for real ...seriously

ball was underthrown by 3 yards..you lead a wr you dont let them come to a complete stop and back track

It doesn't matter how great the QB is, bad throws are inevitable. Just because he made the bad throw, it's not his fault Jenkins got hurt. Every bad QB throw in the league does not end with a hurt WR. Jenkins simply lost his footing, awkwardly in fact.

think about the things you say.

It doesn't matter how great the QB is, bad throws are inevitable. Just because he made the bad throw, it's not his fault Jenkins got hurt. Every bad QB throw in the league does not end with a hurt WR. Jenkins simply lost his footing, awkwardly in fact.

no but Jenkins lost his footing cause the ball was underthrown.. that is a fact ..if the ball was thrown like a QB is suppose to and lead a wr and be able to make deep throws Jenkins would have not had to back track for the ball..No one said its on Ryan /Jenkins injury ..Injuries are part of the GAME but what concerns me is Matt Ryan cant throw a deep ball to save his life..PLEASE DONT BRING UP KC THROW TO RODDY .one throw

Ryan has lil to no arm ..the projection on his deep ball gets too much air under it

does it matter - some cases yea , some nah but for him to take the next step to be a big time QB the downfield passing attack is a MUST

Exactly !! It's not like he threw high leading him over the middle into a defender, hanging him out to dry.

Its also possible a better receiver could have made the adjustment to make the catch.

It was a bad throw, not doubt. But guess what? It was also the first live scrimmage of the year. :rolleyes:

no but Jenkins lost his footing cause the ball was underthrown.. that is a fact ..if the ball was thrown like a QB is suppose to and lead a wr and be able to make deep throws Jenkins would have not had to back track for the ball..No one said its on Ryan /Jenkins injury ..Injuries are part of the GAME but what concerns me is Matt Ryan cant throw a deep ball to save his life..PLEASE DONT BRING UP KC THROW TO RODDY .one throw

Ryan has lil to no arm ..the projection on his deep ball gets too much air under it

does it matter - some cases yea , some nah but for him to take the next step to be a big time QB the downfield passing attack is a MUST

How many balls has Jenkins dropped that were thrown the way they were suppose to be? Jenkins isn't the most graceful WR on the field, that's for sure.

Yeah, Matty under-threw the route, but it's not his fault that Jenkins lost his footing and injured himself. It's called back-peddling, I'm pretty sure it's an NFL warm-up for most NFL teams.

Again, every QB in the league makes bad throws. You cannot take this bad throw in a team scrimmage and put the label on Matt that he has no deep ball.

How many balls has Jenkins dropped that were thrown the way they were suppose to be? Jenkins isn't the most graceful WR on the field, that's for sure.

Yeah, Matty under-threw the route, but it's not his fault that Jenkins lost his footing and injured himself. It's called back-peddling, I'm pretty sure it's an NFL warm-up for most NFL teams.

Again, every QB in the league makes bad throws. You cannot take this bad throw in a team scrimmage and put the label on Matt that he has no deep ball.

Matt Ryan was the first to say it was a bad throw,

Thats why I am so split on Players going all out in TC

as a fan we love it, till someone gets hurt, then its like ohhhhh man

you want a Player who goes all out

but in TC , man you have to see thats a bad throw and not put yourself in Position to be Injured.

like i say i am torn with the whole thing, you want to see guys go all out, but you have to be Smart too....

I can def tell JKH has never played a lick of football in his life...back pedal ..lol for real

:lol:

bro a back pedal is for a corner to turn his hips and run with a wr...a back pedal is not for a wr running a fly route to come to a complete HAULT and adjust and move forward.. This has nothing to do with a back pedal ..The ball was under thrown he tried to adjust on a poorly under thrown ball lost his footing

hurt his shoulder

learn the game JKH

Ball was underthrown real real bad and he had the protection and Jenkins beating our secondary and he flat out couldnt throw it to a spot..Sometimes QBS miss throws but its def concerning when everything was right with the play that our QB couldnt make that throw

Matt Ryan was the first to say it was a bad throw,

He should say it cause its the TRUTH .there is no hiding that ...Its also concerning when our QB cant weaken the secondary with deep ball and they load the box .. we need that to help out Turner..

Look at the drop in big plays from Ryan last year 20+ yard passes among league worst same with 40+

from what I seen in Ryan so far this year I dont see any DRAMATIC change

The biggest key to lean to through this is his 3rd year in SAME SYSTEM so big things are expected

Swift Hitter, I respect your right to post, however your negative posts and attacks, especially concerning individual Falcons players deserve no respect!

Not even one preseason game has been played, no regular season has been played and yet you make proclamations that this draft choice or aquisition is "injury prone" a "bust" or "way over rated", "has a weak arm" etc!

If you won the lottery you would b*tch about how far you would have to drive to claim your prize!!!!

Edited by TeamPlayer1

Swift Hitter, I respect your right to post, however your negative posts and attacks, especially concerning individual Falcons players deserve no respect!

Not even one preseason game has been played, no regular season has been played and yet you make proclamations that this draft choice or aquisition is "injury prone" a "bust" or "way over rated", "has a weak arm" etc!

If you won the lottery you would b*tch about how far you would have to drive to claim your prize!!!!

who is being negative though Im just stating facts ..the ball was under thrown .I keep hearing that Matt Ryan has improved his arm strength and to me that throw was no indication of that . Im a huge Matt Ryan fan but this is one of his flaws that can keep him from reaching that top level franchise QB i want from the kid.

I was one of the few people HERE that wanted to draft Ryan

but with that being said he needs to keep working on the deep passing game and he needs to do drills to increase his arm and his accuracy/projection on his deep ball

Matt Ryan doesn't want a receiver that always drops passes, so he under threw it to take him out. I would say a perfect pass by Ryan

funny in 08 Michael Jenkins was as clutch as they come..if you can think about it every big throw in Ryan career basically Jenkins caught ..

every wr in the NFL drops balls..

Ball was underthrown real real bad and he had the protection and Jenkins beating our secondary and he flat out couldnt throw it to a spot..

yep i was there saw the whole thing....

in TC , You see how I say in TC

Jenk should have just pulled up or keep going to make Ryans Pass Look Reallyyyyyyyyyyyy Bad lol

Everyone knows it was a bad throw, But come on Swift

We have Seen him make alottttttttttt of Throws that were not Bad.... Not bad at all lol

we have also seen him bring the Falcons Back and win in the Final Minutes multiple times

M Ryan is 13-1 @the Dome as a Starter... 13-1 dude

go back 2 yrs to Aug 2008

if I told you M Ryan would be 13-1 in his 1st 2 yrs @ the Dome , you would have gave up anything almost to jump to #1 just to make sure we got him....

yes it was 1 bad throw.... look at the big picture

and Ryan has had a very very good off season, and you can just see man...he is in control of this O , it he has been Flinging it all over the field all TC

Did you see the way he Carved up Jags for 2 days ???????

Del Rio did, go to jags website and see what they have to say about Mr Ryan lol

I can def tell JKH has never played a lick of football in his life...back pedal ..lol for real

:lol:

bro a back pedal is for a corner to turn his hips and run with a wr...a back pedal is not for a wr running a fly route to come to a complete HAULT and adjust and move forward.. This has nothing to do with a back pedal ..The ball was under thrown he tried to adjust on a poorly under thrown ball lost his footing

hurt his shoulder

learn the game JKH

ball was underthrown real real bad and he had the protection and Jenkins beating our secondary and he flat out couldnt throw it to a spot..Sometimes QBS miss throws but its def concerning when everything was right with the play that our QB couldnt make that throw

Are you serious with this reply? ^^^ I mean really...

What Jenkins was doing before he took a shoulder dive was trying back peddle. I know it's not a normal WR route running technique, I never said it was.

You should rethink your NFL career if you are in the NFL and you cannot turn around and take a few steps backwards without tripping and dislocating your shoulder.

Your last statement is a perfect example of you as a poster taking something out of context and running across the world with it.

How many great QBs make bad throws even though everything else goes right during the play? I mean, your telling me to learn the game, but look at half of the shyte you spew on this board. It's really laughable.

I played Baseball and Football all throughout my school years. WR just so happens to be a position I played @ 6'4 180lbs.

Was the throw bad? Yes.

Is it Ryan's fault that Jenkins lost his footing when he tried to back step? No

who is being negative though Im just stating facts ..the ball was under thrown .I keep hearing that Matt Ryan has improved his arm strength and to me that throw was no indication of that . Im a huge Matt Ryan fan but this is one of his flaws that can keep him from reaching that top level franchise QB i want from the kid.

I was one of the few people HERE that wanted to draft Ryan

but with that being said he needs to keep working on the deep passing game and he needs to do drills to increase his arm and his accuracy/projection on his deep ball

Have you considered the possibility that Michael Jenkins ran a bad route and Ryan was throwing to a specific yardage?

Have you considered the possibility that Michael Jenkins ran a bad route and Ryan was throwing to a specific yardage?

Matt Ryan himself SAID it was a VERY POOR THROW ..so that tells me it was or he is playing a nice guy role

but i think Ryan manned up and admitted his poor throw

Its also a fly route ..Ryan should have lead him no matter what the yardage was

Edited by SWIFT HITTER