Dunta Robinson to sit another week or so

SWIFT HITTER

was looking forward to seeing him in some action..

Robinson will probably rest that hamstring another week or so and get ready for some action in all-important third exhibition game. In the mean time, Grimes, who led the team in interceptions last season, needs to start getting comfortable on the left side.

There is a line between being cautious to not re-injure the hamstring and the hamstring being worse thatn reported. At some point, he needs to get some practice with this team as it is his first year here. This is not an indictment of the team, or accusations of a cover up. I'm just saying her needs to be practicing.

There is a line between being cautious to not re-injure the hamstring and the hamstring being worse thatn reported. At some point, he needs to get some practice with this team as it is his first year here. This is not an indictment of the team, or accusations of a cover up. I'm just saying her needs to be practicing.

AGREE

All reports from people here who have seen him at camp say he is moving around well, no limp no issues. After last year it is no suprise they are being cautious.

ok so what exactly was the prob with d-rob's hamstring?? was it really just bruised, or is it something worse? theres a fine line with being cautious, and just plain ole being held out.

Everything that has been said is it is a tight hamstring. Resting it makes sense. After a tight hamstring you have a pulled hamstring, which will mean he would be out a month or more, after a pulled hamstring then you get a torn hamstring and then he is done for the year.

Letting it rest now makes sense. I know people are eager to see him practice but he is a vet, he already got some time in and there is no reason to have him aggravate his hamstring which would end up being a serious injury during the season instead of a mild annoyance during camp.

Edited by SYD

It was tight and tight hamstrings are what lead to pulled hamstrings and you being out for weeks.

They are being overly cautious as opposed to under cautious like they were last year. Sorry if you feel he needs practice but would you trade practice for a game? I would. Houston pulled his hammy and ended the year on IR didn't he. Rather that happen to CH23 than DR23

Realize that its not a big deal..If he is not there during the start of the season or even week 3, then I will worry...besides that, its no big deal

If its not a big deal why aint he out practicing or playing..Its real simple

I understand being cautious but if he is saying he is healthy and hamstring is ok he should be out there practicing . If there is something WRONG with him like a pulled hammy he should be getting treatment but from all reports ITS tight..

so whats up ..how long can a hamstring be tight ?

mind you i played sports ..you do proper stretching and proper warm ups your tight hamstring losens up..not 2 weeks

I understand being cautious but if he is saying he is healthy and hamstring is ok he should be out there practicing . If there is something WRONG with him like a pulled hammy he should be getting treatment but from all reports ITS tight..

mind you i played sports ..you do proper stretching and proper warm ups your tight hamstring losens up..not 2 weeks

I have played as well and every persons body is different. Would you rather him play and reinjure his hammy or rest and come back when it really matters

Maybe our staff learned something from trying to bring Turner back to early last year? Stop being a drama queen, I'd rather him be 100% for the start of the season then over compensate for a slightly sore hamstring and end up tearing it in practice and be out for the year.

What you all fail to realize is that they are sitting him out to let the fight for #2 CB play out. Yea he hurt his hammy but if Dunta comes back that takes reps from Grimes/Owens/Jackson/Franks. DRob can learn through the mental reps. We know what we have in him. No point in risking reinjuring an injure that can last the whole year. Then you would be pissed talking about "Why did you rush him back for a preseason game?!"

But I forgot, I am preaching to the choir when I talk to good ole Swifty...

I saw him at camp on Saturday and he was working out with them TO AN EXTENT. He was not involved in the scrimmage, but he was very animated, working with the other guys, moving around well. He signed my football and I asked him about it. He told me then that he feels good and will definitely be ready to go. He wants to be out there more than anything, but they want to be cautious so he is ready for the regular season.

The decision is from the coaching staff and trainers, not Robinson.

He is definitely moving around very well though. I was watching him - no limp - no problem moving around - he looked perfectly fine to me.

What you all fail to realize is that they are sitting him out to let the fight for #2 CB play out. Yea he hurt his hammy but if Dunta comes back that takes reps from Grimes/Owens/Jackson/Franks. DRob can learn through the mental reps. We know what we have in him. No point in risking reinjuring an injure that can last the whole year. Then you would be pissed talking about "Why did you rush him back for a preseason game?!"

But I forgot, I am preaching to the choir when I talk to good ole Swifty...

There is a huge difference between HIGH ANKLE sprain rushing a guy back to a tight hammy for 2 weeks ..thats just me

You can wake up with a tight hammy doesnt mean your going to pull it..**** we can put Robinson in game 3 and he pulls his hammy was 3 weeks to less of time for rest ..We have to stop being over sensitive with these injuries..If its a pulled hammy say so and we move on

If it just feels tight let him losen it up and get out there with his teammates.

with all the training these guys do they get treated like prima donna babies..OOOO we are being careful..Please you just gave this corner 41 million dollars were being careful..

I saw him at camp on Saturday and he was working out with them TO AN EXTENT. He was not involved in the scrimmage, but he was very animated, working with the other guys, moving around well. He signed my football and I asked him about it. He told me then that he feels good and will definitely be ready to go. He wants to be out there more than anything, but they want to be cautious so he is ready for the regular season.

The decision is from the coaching staff and trainers, not Robinson.

He is definitely moving around very well though. I was watching him - no limp - no problem moving around - he looked perfectly fine to me.

Then my personal opinion he should be out there..There is no reason to baby him..He can pull that hamstring a week from now with another week rest ..what we dont need to do is just throw him out there 3rd week and let him look lost in scheme or not ready for regular season.

Just ease him back in over this week if he feels fine

No reason why our teams is being to cautious comes off BABYING these players

Then my personal opinion he should be out there..There is no reason to baby him..He can pull that hamstring a week from now with another week rest ..what we dont need to do is just throw him out there 3rd week and let him look lost in scheme or not ready for regular season.

Just ease him back in over this week if he feels fine

No reason why our teams is being to cautious comes off BABYING these players

You talk about BABYING players but yet you are one of the biggest babies on this forum. You of course are making a big deal out of nothing. He says he is fine, the coaches says he is fine but want to be cautious, a person actually saw him at camp talked to him and he is fine.

Our coaches want to be cautious and want to get more looks at our potential #2 CB. Any chance you can just shut it for awhile and relax?

Hey why don't you go to camp, and talk to Smitty about it instead of being a drama queen here?

Edited by SYD

There is a huge difference between HIGH ANKLE sprain rushing a guy back to a tight hammy for 2 weeks ..thats just me

You can wake up with a tight hammy doesnt mean your going to pull it..**** we can put Robinson in game 3 and he pulls his hammy was 3 weeks to less of time for rest ..We have to stop being over sensitive with these injuries..If its a pulled hammy say so and we move on

If it just feels tight let him losen it up and get out there with his teammates.

with all the training these guys do they get treated like prima donna babies..OOOO we are being careful..Please you just gave this corner 41 million dollars were being careful..

Ok so I compared it to when Chris Houston ended the season on the sideline because of a pulled hammy. Do you want DRob on the sideline because his hammy was just tight? Or tell him man up and get his a$$ out there? Clay Matthews is out with a pulled hammy. Moreno might miss the season because of torn hammy. But you are salty because the coaches are smart to "baby" our player that makes $57 million? Kidding me right? It is a win win for us. DRob rests to make sure he is 100% for the REGULAR SEASON (when it counts) and lets the CB battle for #2 play out during the preseason.

And you said you played football, I bet you weren't a DB. I played Safety and it is nothing like trying to play with a tight hammy. All you are doing is running full speed and exploding and if that hammy is even a little tight it spells disaster. Why do you think corners are the ones who have hamstring injuries the most? They have to react and explode quicker than the WR coming out of their break.

Quit whining.

All reports from people here who have seen him at camp say he is moving around well, no limp no issues. After last year it is no suprise they are being cautious.

That's what I was thinking. Any injury to the leg of a DB is worth being cautious about.

Letting Turner come back too soon was a mistake.

On the other hand they don't need to go to the other extreme and wait longer than necessary to put someone back out there. It is just the beginning, though. Hopefully he's using this time to learn more about the system and our opponents.

Ok so I compared it to when Chris Houston ended the season on the sideline because of a pulled hammy. Do you want DRob on the sideline because his hammy was just tight? Or tell him man up and get his a$ out there? Clay Matthews is out with a pulled hammy. Moreno might miss the season because of torn hammy. But you are salty because the coaches are smart to "baby" our player that makes $57 million? Kidding me right? It is a win win for us. DRob rests to make sure he is 100% for the REGULAR SEASON (when it counts) and lets the CB battle for #2 play out during the preseason.

And you said you played football, I bet you weren't a DB. I played Safety and it is nothing like trying to play with a tight hammy. All you are doing is running full speed and exploding and if that hammy is even a little tight it spells disaster. Why do you think corners are the ones who have hamstring injuries the most? They have to react and explode quicker than the WR coming out of their break.

Quit whining.

I thought you mentioned Michael Turner it was the other poster..

2 weeks rest for a tight hammy i think is sufficient enough rest you really going to tell me a difference of another week is really going to matter cause if his hammy pulls next week then what ? Thats what Im trying to say being overly cautious can also effect the hammy as well he is a well condition athlete ...Throwing him in just like you GUYS are saying as regular season begins can be 10 x worse

if you ask me cause that doesnt losen up his hamstring not seeing game action

Right now if his hamstring feels good he says he is good to go..He should be eased into camp and see some time..

has there been any links or reports that he had a MRI or anything

I thought you mentioned Michael Turner it was the other poster..

2 weeks rest for a tight hammy i think is sufficient enough rest you really going to tell me a difference of another week is really going to matter cause if his hammy pulls next week then what ? Thats what Im trying to say being overly cautious can also effect the hammy as well he is a well condition athlete ...Throwing him in just like you GUYS are saying as regular season begins can be 10 x worse

if you ask me cause that doesnt losen up his hamstring not seeing game action

Right now if his hamstring feels good he says he is good to go..He should be eased into camp and see some time..

has there been any links or reports that he had a MRI or anything

It's real easy everyone has given all the information possible on the current situation. There has been no MRI as he just had a tight hamstring. At this point you need to get to camp and talk directly to Coach Smith about the issues you have with his decision to rest D.Rob.

Being a cry baby here certainly isn't going to help anything.

Edited by SYD

i think they're just being really cautious with him. after all, these games don't count.

everyone complained when we rushed turner back and he got reinjured. wouldn't want that to happen with our star corner....

he's a vet. i don't think he'll have too much trouble learning the scheme and what he has to do.

Ok so I compared it to when Chris Houston ended the season on the sideline because of a pulled hammy. Do you want DRob on the sideline because his hammy was just tight? Or tell him man up and get his a$$ out there? Clay Matthews is out with a pulled hammy. Moreno might miss the season because of torn hammy. But you are salty because the coaches are smart to "baby" our player that makes $57 million? Kidding me right? It is a win win for us. DRob rests to make sure he is 100% for the REGULAR SEASON (when it counts) and lets the CB battle for #2 play out during the preseason.

Quit whining.

He's not kidding, he's looking for the e-hugs to supply the ones that mommy and daddy didn't give. Swift Hitter is a troll. Plain and Simple. He will try to say that he is just honest and giving an opinion on "his team", but the way things have been, he's been whining since the draft. How Butthurt can one guy beover us not taking your Man-crush Ego Bryant, and for how long, seriously?

Anyway, on the subject of D-Rob, I am concerned, but my opinion is this staff realized that we were decimated by injuries last year, and want to make sure that this doesn't happen again. Thus the cautious approach with all the guys who are standing around not practicing.