New Orleans Exile

skynyrd04

For those that offered encouragement a few months back: thanks! So it's finally happened the wife and I are in New Orleans. The "Who Dat" business is already getting on my nerves, but this place will be home for the next few years. But don't fret I fully intend on rocking the superdome in my Matty Ice Jersey.

Last season when I was in New Orleans (of course wearing my Falcons polo shirt) I had a waiter proudly show off the fleur de lis tattoo he had on the back of his neck. Uh . . . OK . . . nice. I'm sure he's even more proud of it now. Goes to illustrate the general mentality of Saints fans. Be strong, friends – just have the strength of your convictions that despite temporary success the New Orleans Saints have been and will again soon be on the losing end of events.

Just a thought, but maybe the Falcons Nation can convene Saturday night (Sep. 25) for a impromptu rally at one of the Bourbon Street bars, perhaps Razzoo.

See you there – and at the game Sunday (Sep. 26) when the Falcons Decade will commence!

For those that offered encouragement a few months back: thanks! So it's finally happened the wife and I are in New Orleans. The "Who Dat" business is already getting on my nerves, but this place will be home for the next few years. But don't fret I fully intend on rocking the superdome in my Matty Ice Jersey.

DON'T WORRY, WE'RE ABOUT TO COOL THEIR _ _ _ _' _ OFF. 4 MONTHS

FROM NOW .... YOU WON'T HEAR NOT ONE WHO DAT. WATCH WHAT I TELL YOU.

That sucks. I'm in Colts country... which means I'm surrounded by corn. It's pretty terrible. I do feel better knowing I'm not in enemy country though!

Raider Nation here :| I swear, talking about football with a Raider fan is the most frustrating thing in the world, because no matter how terrible they are they're always "gonna win the Super Bowl this year".

Good luck to you. I lived in South Florida for many years. Had to listen to Dolphin and the mix of Bucs there constantly. The Phin fans are a proud group with a "storied" history and like to let you know that every chance they get along with how pathetic the Falcons have been through history.

I didn't care. Wore my gear, my office is still decked out down there (I still go in once a month to our Ft Lauderdale office) and I still proudly fight for the Birds every chance I get.

Just understand you are the minority there - but don't let it make you hang your head. Just learn to ignore the ignorant, spar with the spunky and always stand your ground no matter what. In other words, Grin and Bear It with grit in your eye!

By the way, I am not a great fan of downtown New Orleans, but outside the town is some of the most beautiful country in the states. There is great food there, and if you just learn to tone out the incessantly irritating and old who-dat cries - you will probably be happy there.

Good luck to you and your family. Stay tough and strong and remember - the Falcon nation has got your back!

Welcome to living behind enemy lines. I have lived in Metairie,LA for 4 years now and it sucks not having fellow Falcons fans to talk to about football.

I went to the game in NOLA last year. I was the only Falcons fan in my section, and had to defend myself against all of their **** talking. Thankfully the Falcons played a good game and came fairly close to winning it.

I'm trying to find another ticket for this year's game in NOLA, but unfortunately money is a bit tighter this year, and people want insane prices for tickets now that they are "Superbowl champs".

I can remember when I was in the Corps. there were Pittsburg fans everywhere. Of course as a Falcons fan I was representing my team and they hated it. I can only imagine the pain you are going through. I don't think I could move there. I can't even stand the Saints fans here, much less the saints fans in enemy territory. More power to ya, and good luck with all of that. The key thing is that you rep your city! GO FALCONS!

Skynyrd04,

If I thought you could manage to wade thru all the garbage posted on this site about the filty, skinky city New Orleans is, I could actually offer you a few "inside" tips of the must do's, better dining options away from the tourist traps, etc. If you learn to understand New Orleans has a rich, deep culture rarely seen in other American cities, you'll quickly come to appreciate it's value. It's not all trashy, and it's not all like Bourbon Street (all tourists hang there, not many natives).

If you are truely interested, PM me for the details. Also indicate where you are going to live so I better understand where to begin.

SaintRay

Edited by SaintRay