What position you think we will target with the 32nd pick next year?

Andre5000

Yeah, let's hope JPW or some other player develops and we can trade him to move up and get AJ. I wouldn't trade the draft for him, but I would love to get AJ opposite Roddy. Call me a Dawg homer but I love the kid.

Yeah, it's a fantasy. That said, I'd rather be slotted at 32 next year than be in position to AJ.

I'm not suggesting you are wrong, but do you guys reasonably see the FO letting Clabo go in Free Agency? Well letting him go if they want him... they would get a deal done?

I think they will. Clabo will want premium jack. Thats why they are grooming his replacement and Dahl's. I think they will get to a point where it doesn't matter who leaves along the line, it will be a machine and we will slot the next guy in. We have Johnson, Hawley and Reynolds being prepped already. Blalock is rebounding, Baker is playing well. So really, Clabo leaving, although a hit, won't kill us like in years past.

Doubt they let Clabo walk. He was better than Dahl last season and has yet to miss a game due to injury. We can let Dahl walk and slot Johnson in his place.

WR isn't an issue. Period. Unless a guy like AJ falls to us which is impossible unless he is injured and even then he isn't falling to 32. We have White/Jenkins/Douglas/Meier. Where is a 1st round WR gonna fit? as our 4-5th WR? Wasted pick.

Only thing I see is DE or TE. Gonzo only has so much tread left on those Goodyear's as well as Abe. Obviously we have Biermann and Sidbury but since we rotate, we need another one. Also, the TE crop isn't looking like anything special. But those are the only two areas I see us addressing #1.

Doubt they let Clabo walk. He was better than Dahl last season and has yet to miss a game due to injury. We can let Dahl walk and slot Johnson in his place.

WR isn't an issue. Period. Unless a guy like AJ falls to us which is impossible unless he is injured and even then he isn't falling to 32. We have White/Jenkins/Douglas/Meier. Where is a 1st round WR gonna fit? as our 4-5th WR? Wasted pick.

Only thing I see is DE or TE. Gonzo only has so much tread left on those Goodyear's as well as Abe. Obviously we have Biermann and Sidbury but since we rotate, we need another one. Also, the TE crop isn't looking like anything special. But those are the only two areas I see us addressing #1.

I agree we don't need a WR 1st rd. The only position I really see us NEEDING 1st rd is DE. The TE class doesn't

look good for a 1st rd pick. I think we will get a TE in FA as our only big splash in FA.

A first round WR is going to fit in right where we need him to....at the #2 spot.

It is a very good chance that Gonzalez retires after this season. That leaves us in a little bit of a bind because we don't have any legitimate players to take pressure off of Roddy White (besides Turner). Jenkins has proven that he is never going to be that big play guy who forces teams to show him attention.

I think people are seriously overrating some guys here. Douglas and Meier are both role players imo. They both should be valuable pieces to our puzzle, but neither are really going to take pressure/attention away from Roddy.

A first round WR is going to fit in right where we need him to....at the #2 spot.

It is a very good chance that Gonzalez retires after this season. That leaves us in a little bit of a bind because we don't have any legitimate players to take pressure off of Roddy White (besides Turner). Jenkins has proven that he is never going to be that big play guy who forces teams to show him attention.

I think people are seriously overrating some guys here. Douglas and Meier are both role players imo. They both should be valuable pieces to our puzzle, but neither are really going to take pressure/attention away from Roddy.

Well said. I say DE first, TE next, then WR.

Let's see 2 guys with NFL experience not to mention that the coaches love or a 1st round grade wr that has potential? Maybe you might be overrating college potential? Here are a list of all the WR taken in the last 10 years.

#7 Darrius Heyward-Bey

#10 Michael Crabtree

#19 Jeremy Maclin

#22 Percy Harvin

#29 Hakeem Nicks

#30 Kenny Britt

No first round

#2 Calvin Johnson

#9 Ted Ginn Jr

#23 Dwayne Bowe

#27 Robert Meachem

#30 Craig Davis

#32 Anthony Gonzalez

#25 Santonio Holmes

#3 Braylon Edwards

#7 Troy Williamson

#10 Mike Williams

#21 Matt Jones

#22 Mark Clayton

#27 Roddy White

#3 Larry Fitzgerald

#7 Roy Williams

#9 Reggie Williams

#13 Lee Evans

#15 Michael Clayton

#29 Michael Jenkins

#31 Rashaun Woods

#2 Charles Roger

#3 Andre Johnson

#17 Bryant Johnson

#13 Donte Stallworth

#19 Ashley Lelie

#20 Javon Walker

#8 David Terrell

#9 Koren Robinson

#15 Rod Gardner

#16 Santana Moss

#25 Freddie Mitchell

#30 Reggie Wayne

#4 Peter Warrick

#8 Plaxico Burress

#10 Travis Taylor

#21 Sammie Morris

#29 R Jay Soward

Only Wayne, Moss, Evans, White & maybe Nicks would be the only wrs I would consider taking after the top 10 in the past 10 years. That's 5 players in 10 year what makes you think this year will yield a higher percentage of elite wrs.

Edited by head busta from augusta

Even though we would be drafting a WR in the 1st round, it doesn't necessarily mean that we are looking for an elite guy. We just need the right guy who can take advantage of one-on-one opportunities consistently and make big plays.

If that is the case then I have two questions.

1. So outside of the guys I named which one would you say can do that?

2. And if you are not looking for an elite guy then why draft a wr in the first round seems like you can find a guy like you are describing in later rounds?