Garrett Reynolds

A-TowN.-

I think we draft a OT early regardless. Everybody knows my favorite is DeMarcus Love, but I also like Sherrod and

Gilbert. I believe we will have Sherrod high on our board. These are my favorite 3 in this order.

1. Love

2. Sherrod

3. Gilbert

4. OT Derek Sherrod, Mississippi State, 6-5, 305, 5.22

The Bulldogs haven't produced a first-round pick since 1994 when Eric Moulds and Walt Harris were selected. But McPhee and left tackle Sherrod should end that drought. Sherrod, entering his third year at the position, has the prototypical size and athleticism to remain on the blind side in the NFL. The SEC is blessed with several NFL-caliber offensive linemen. None possess greater upside as a pass blocker than Sherrod.

2. OT DeMarcus Love, Arkansas, 6-5, 315, 5.18

Protecting the blind side to star quarterback Ryan Mallett, Love emerged last year as one of the SEC's most reliable blockers. His impact on the record-breaking Razorbacks offense was recognized by conference coaches and the media with preseason second-team all-conference honors entering the 2010 season. Love projects nicely as a left tackle in the NFL, though he also has experience inside, having suited up at right guard in 11 of his 24 career starts.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/13743564/ole-miss-powe-leads-list-of-top-sec-senior-prospects?tag=globalNav.nfldraft;cover

Was just rewatching the NFL Total Access video of the Falcons Friday Night scrimmage.

Weird thing was that the right side of the second string o-line was Reynolds at guard and Valdez at right tackle.

I wonder if they were just playing around. Will be interested how they line up tomorrow.

I think we draft a OT early regardless. Everybody knows my favorite is DeMarcus Love, but I also like Sherrod and

Gilbert. I believe we will have Sherrod high on our board. These are my favorite 3 in this order.

1. Love

2. Sherrod

3. Gilbert

4. OT Derek Sherrod, Mississippi State, 6-5, 305, 5.22

The Bulldogs haven't produced a first-round pick since 1994 when Eric Moulds and Walt Harris were selected. But McPhee and left tackle Sherrod should end that drought. Sherrod, entering his third year at the position, has the prototypical size and athleticism to remain on the blind side in the NFL. The SEC is blessed with several NFL-caliber offensive linemen. None possess greater upside as a pass blocker than Sherrod.

2. OT DeMarcus Love, Arkansas, 6-5, 315, 5.18

Protecting the blind side to star quarterback Ryan Mallett, Love emerged last year as one of the SEC's most reliable blockers. His impact on the record-breaking Razorbacks offense was recognized by conference coaches and the media with preseason second-team all-conference honors entering the 2010 season. Love projects nicely as a left tackle in the NFL, though he also has experience inside, having suited up at right guard in 11 of his 24 career starts.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/13743564/ole-miss-powe-leads-list-of-top-sec-senior-prospects?tag=globalNav.nfldraft;cover

Good list. Put Clint Boiling and James Carpenter in there. The SEC has some good linemen. And we better get one, preferably a swing tackle. Clabo didn't look good tonight.

Also we need a **** WR

That's a shame. If they really don't see him playing RT then that has to be one of our priorities in the next draft imo.

Agree. I had hopes that would take over RT either this year or next but it appears they are grooming him to be a versatile back-up kind-of like Ojinnaka...being used to backup more than one position. Of course, it is early yet.

If McClure is gone after this year then we can just sign a veteran back-up C to compete with him/back him up imo. I don't think drafting another one is the answer.

But RT is going to be a big need, I'll look out for those this year for sure.

I would rather us let clabo go and sign a top tier tackle. Levi Jones is still available and in the first four rounds there are some impressive OTs. I wanted Boiling from UGA bc he can play both tackle spots.