every one on our .....

Young Sir

so sense i dont know when, every one seems to be on the falcons d*** i dont know why (i do cus we are great) but i just dont remember maybe 05 after we went to the conference finals a time when we have had this must attention/hype maybe its just me and im oblivious to the media talking about the falcons but i just seems like this is the first time in a while we have got more then the average amount of media coverage who knows maybe im just crazy.....

so sense i dont know when, every one seems to be on the falcons d*** i dont know why (i do cus we are great) but i just dont remember maybe 05 after we went to the conference finals a time when we have had this must attention/hype maybe its just me and im oblivious to the media talking about the falcons but i just seems like this is the first time in a while we have got more then the average amount of media coverage who knows maybe im just crazy.....

HUH?

This has to be a finalist in the "2010 Falcons Message Board Run On Sentence Of The Year " award.

Yes we are getting a lot more media coverage this year. I still think its part of the NFL's plan in marketing our team this year along with the Jets. I have seen quite a few top 10 lists where they'll list whatever their top 10 teams are (or for whatever category) and the Falcons or a Falcons player won't be listed. Then they'll say something like, "but I really like the Atlanta Falcons or this player for XYZ reason" We are a good team and they are right in saying what they are, but we're getting more coverage this season coming off a 9-7 record than we did when we went 11-5 and to the playoffs. A LOT more, so much so I havn't seen a "we're not getting any respect in the media threads lately"

But as I type this, we're FRONT PAGE of nfl.com. :D

Edited by ltstorm2

I have no clue what this guy means by this and I have a really hard time understanding his writing because he has not made his point very clear and by doing so he has confused me and I wish I knew what he meant so I could respond but I am forced to mock his extra long run-on sentence because I do not know what message he was trying to convey in his initial post or any subsequent posts.

I have no clue what this guy means by this and I have a really hard time understanding his writing because he has not made his point very clear and by doing so he has confused me and I wish I knew what he meant so I could respond but I am forced to mock his extra long run-on sentence because I do not know what message he was trying to convey in his initial post or any subsequent posts.

But how come I could read yours much easier than his? :D

:lol:

This has to be a finalist in the "2010 Falcons Message Board Run On Sentence Of The Year " award.

Yes we are getting a lot more media coverage this year. I still think its part of the NFL's plan in marketing our team this year along with the Jets. I have seen quite a few top 10 lists where they'll list whatever their top 10 teams are (or for whatever category) and the Falcons or a Falcons player won't be listed. Then they'll say something like, "but I really like the Atlanta Falcons or this player for XYZ reason" We are a good team and they are right in saying what they are, but we're getting more coverage this season coming off a 9-7 record than we did when we went 11-5 and to the playoffs. A LOT more, so much so I havn't seen a "we're not getting any respect in the media threads lately"

But as I type this, we're FRONT PAGE of nfl.com. :D

But the flip side to all this attention, is we might have a big bullseye on our back. We now have to come with our "A' game every week, not just every other week.

ogre03.jpg

Respect comes with consistency. The Back-to-back curse was a major block for people giving the Falcons any consideration, as even good outings were immediately forgotten in losing campaigns. Our horrible play on the National Stage did little to correct that, either.

With 2 years under belt, it's easier for the media to predict another good year than to assume we will fall back to obscurity. Removing that monkey meant a lot! Our guys not giving up the last three games to secure it also has turned attention our way.