The one position i think we are dangerously thin at

Andre5000

Wide receiver.. Unless Harry Douglass steps up and becomes Wes Welker II, i dont see much depth or strength at the position.. and injury to Roddy would pretty much devistate our WR corps at this point.. Lets hope this Meier kid develops.. Finn is slow.. Weems is too little and really has never impressed me. HD is an unknown. Jenkins is solid but injured.. Roddy is great... It would also be nice to see us develop a TE for the future.. im sure next year TE will be high on the priority list in the draft, as well as WR.

Edited by SkiFalcon

Wide receiver.. Unless Harry Douglass steps up and becomes Wes Welker II, i dont see much depth or strength at the position.. and injury to Roddy would pretty much devistate our WR corps at this point.. Lets hope this Meier kid develops.. Finn is slow.. Weems is too little and really has never impressed me. HD is an unknown. Jenkins is solid but injured.. Roddy is great... It would also be nice to see us develop a TE for the future.. im sure next year TE will be high on the priority list in the draft, as well as WR.

I thought we should have picked up TO for depth, but WTF do I know ? ......rauch28.gif

I think we are good. If you think about it, we have a lot of weapons. I'm not opposed to picking up a Wideout via FA or a reasonable trade, if TD has the desire to, but I really like HD and Meier, and Roddy is looking ready to have a great season.

Corner and DE are my only worry areas. I think we are okay there, we have unlimited potential with Kroy, Sid, Owens, Grimey, and Franks. I just hope it translates to the field. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.

I think we are good. If you think about it, we have a lot of weapons. I'm not opposed to picking up a Wideout via FA or a reasonable trade, if TD has the desire to, but I really like HD and Meier, and Roddy is looking ready to have a great season.

Corner and DE are my only worry areas. I think we are okay there, we have unlimited potential with Kroy, Sid, Owens, Grimey, and Franks. I just hope it translates to the field. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.

I like Meier to, but thing is, we don't know what he is yet until we see him take a hit from Polamalu or somebody and hang on to the ball ..Everything sounds great about him, his hands are top notch, the only thing I wonder is he gonna be physical enough for the NFL, and can he block like Jenkins ? .I guess we fixing to find out .....rauch28.gif

i think we could use another play maker at the WR position as well, because if either roddy or jenks were to go down (jenkins has gone down) we have to rely on finn (old, slow, coming off lots of knee injuries), HD (promising but also coming off ACL), meier (rookie) and weems (nothing better than a return man IMO).

we will be going WR or TE with our 1st rounder next year imo

I wouldnt have minded that really, cept having to listen to him at press conferences would have sorta sucked.

I also thought that TO would be decent short-term fit for us.

Personally, I think he'll keep his ego in check, for the most part, until he retires now. Being passed over by so many teams this off-season had to have sent him a pretty clear message.

I like Meier to, but thing is, we don't know what he is yet until we see him take a hit from Polamalu or somebody and hang on to the ball ..Everything sounds great about him, his hands are top notch, the only thing I wonder is he gonna be physical enough for the NFL, and can he block like Jenkins ? .I guess we fixing to find out .....rauch28.gif

I'm not disagreeing with you, but we faced some pretty tough D's last year and experience will only make us better. Tony is the #2 go to receiver anyway, we will miss Jenk's blocking, but we still have Finn. I feel our Offense can put 28 on anyone, I'm more concerned about the D, they are still pretty green.

Edited by paulitik

I also thought that TO would be decent short-term fit for us.

Personally, I think he'll keep his ego in check, for the most part, until he retires now. Being passed over by so many teams this off-season had to have sent him a pretty clear message.

I am waiting for him in CJ to make out after a touchdown, they need to get married they are perfect for each other.

From The War Room Scouting Report:

Strengths: Is big and strong with a good football IQ. Shows great hands, and is a consistent route-runner. Absorbs big hits and controls the ball. Shows the body control to adjust and catch off-target passes. Is an excellent blocker with great toughness. Shows good leadership skills, and works extremely hard. Is versatile.

I'm not worried about this kid being able to take a hit.

From The War Room Scouting Report:

Strengths: Is big and strong with a good football IQ. Shows great hands, and is a consistent route-runner. Absorbs big hits and controls the ball. Shows the body control to adjust and catch off-target passes. Is an excellent blocker with great toughness. Shows good leadership skills, and works extremely hard. Is versatile.

I'm not worried about this kid being able to take a hit.

sounds good to me, just gotta see it vs. NFL comp .....

Edited by freebird310

This is the problem we will forever have because our GM has a "build through the draft" mindset. Dont get me wrong, thats not a problem if there is a dynamic reciever in the draft that shouldnt be passed up, by all means get him, but dont act like we are just good with just 2 solid recievers, the other coming off injury, and the other, kinda old. Thats basically it with the rest of the recievers being rookies. Their is nothing wrong with adding veteran's to the squad for depth.

Edited by crankdatfalcon

Wes Welker didn't become Wes Welker till he went to New England. HD showed what he could do in 08. Training camp of 09 he was on FIYA.

Finn is slow but i'll take methodically marching down the field 10 yards at a time. Fine by me.

Weems comes through whenever his number is called and it should be called more often. He is the same size as HD (little bit shorter but heavier).

Our #2 is Tony.

So from that, i'm not worried about depth at all and thats not including Meier.

The position i'm a bit worried about depth with is Safety only because Moore hasn't proven he can stay healthy yet.

This is the problem we will forever have because our GM has a "build through the draft" mindset. Dont get me wrong, thats not a problem if there is a dynamic reciever in the draft that shouldnt be passed up, by all means get him, but dont act like we are just good with just 2 solid recievers, the other coming off injury, and the other, kinda old. Thats basically it with the rest of the recievers being rookies. Their is nothing wrong with adding veteran's to the squad for depth.

I think we did that in 09 with Booker and Ferguson. Booker was ok and I don't remember if Ferguson got hurt or what but he wasn't very effective.

So who do we get? No way the F.O lets a T.O. type personality come in, that's clear. Who is out there? Who is up for trade?

So who do we get? No way the F.O lets a T.O. type personality come in, that's clear. Who is out there? Who is up for trade?

there is only one T.O personality and thats T.O himself. im not saying anyone is out their now, but if their was, im sure we wouldnt go after them regardless because we build through the draft.

I think we are okay here.

We have a couple of rookies that could make some contribution, but even w/o anything from them we have Harry back. Weems is pretty good. Finn can make some catches. Jenks will be back early in the season if not by the opener. Roddy is ...well...he is Roddy -- nuff said. Add Gonzo in as he is option number two anyway. Might get flamed for mentioning this but Norwood will make noise on some pass plays as well.

Remember we are a run first team, and we rarely use 4 receiver sets and the like. We are going to pound that ball this year and you do not have to trust me on that just ask Turner, Mughelli, Snelling and the O-line.

Like every team in the NFL if we have rotten luck on the injury side we will suffer. But I would be interested in seeing anyone make a person by person case that we do not have as good a receiving corp as anyone from top to bottom. Forget Fantasy Football--think NFL wins. We might not be all that flashy but we have a workman-like attitude to this group. The very fact that we did not bring anyone in from outside says quite a bit. We will be cutting (or sending to the PS) some WR rooks pretty soon that are good enough to play in this league(in my opinion).

The depth that we have this year is considerable over what we had last year. The final cuts will be hard.

In TC, I was watching Harvey, Strickland, Meier and even Weems making some great moves and awesome catches.

We have a lot of talent in that position.

Roddy, then Gonzo, then Jenkins when he gets back and Finn til then - and all the new young talent and Harry coming back.

I think there are a few positions other than WR which likely need more concern. I just don't see this spot as weak. That's my opinion of course, and time will tell - but I just don't see it.

Jenkins is not solid...