Turners carrys

freebird310

I know this has been discussed before, forgive me if is redundant ...I was arguing with a pal who thinks he will only be good for another year or two at this rate, ala Larry Johnson ...I think he's full of it, we are 13-1 when Turner gets the rock 20 times or more ....so, I say give him 21 carrys a game, LOL, just to be sure ...21x16 = 336 ....just right IMO .....I think Turner is good for 3-5 more years, I think he will peak this year, have a monster like 1800 yards, 20 TD's, be top 5 again next year, at that point he starts to slow down a little ...guy has little wear and tear on him after sitting behind LT, he is still fresh man ........ :mellow:

I tend to agree with you that he's got longer in him than a year. I just don't think that we're 13-1 when he carries the ball 20+ times a game BECAUSE of that fact. If we're rushing that much it's because we are in the lead anyway, and not passing as much. What I'd really like to see is Snelling get a bunch of carries either when the game is decided already (more or less), or in situations in which Snelling excels...maybe even some short yardage situations simply to take that wear off Turner.

Don't think he gets close to 350. More like 285. Snelling is the same bruising type of back and we can share the punishment between the two. Yea Turner was a back up behind LT but his style of running won't allow him to hold up long if he is the feature back. I won't be surprised to see Turner handle the first three qtrs and see Snelling finish the 4th if we are up by double digits.

I'm telling you guys, they are gonna feed Turner the rock as they see fit ...nobodys gonna be standing there worrying and counting that he got too many carries ....if he is on a roll, they are certainly gonna let him roll yea, if we blowing someone out of course he's gonna sit some...Snellings a great back up, but he doesnt bring to the table what MT does .........you don't think Turners gonna break 300 carrys ? .......balderdash I say .....

I'm with Knight on this one, i say Turner carries between 250 to 290, and I think i'd do it the other way around. once we get a lead, snelling gets a few more carries, and save turner to salt the game away in the last quarter, seems to me if i'm remembering right he gets better as the game goes along. If Nance makes the team, I'd expect to see him in there working some each game too, isn't he pretty similar to MT and JS?

I'm telling you guys, they are gonna feed Turner the rock as they see fit ...nobodys gonna be standing there worrying and counting that he got too many carries ....if he is on a roll, they are certainly gonna let him roll yea, if we blowing someone out of course he's gonna sit some...Snellings a great back up, but he doesnt bring to the table what MT does .........you don't think Turners gonna break 300 carrys ? .......balderdash I say .....

Yea nobody will be sitting there counting them and yea you play the hot hand when you see it (i.e. the Redskins game) but if it isn't necessary I see us turning to Snelling (when games like the 49ers game are put away in the 3rd qtr). If Turner got hurt in the 49ers game, I bet everybody would have been pissed because that game was a wrap.

Yea nobody will be sitting there counting them and yea you play the hot hand when you see it (i.e. the Redskins game) but if it isn't necessary I see us turning to Snelling (when games like the 49ers game are put away in the 3rd qtr). If Turner got hurt in the 49ers game, I bet everybody would have been pissed because that game was a wrap.

Agreed .......

So you see Snelling/Turner as kind of like Williams/Stewart type combo ?

Similar. Snelling's strengths are his vision and power while Turner's strengths are his speed and power (even though Turner is the bigger of the two...not taller though...LOL). The two together pounding it out are like a bunch of gut punches in a boxing match and can severely wear a defense down. In comes the playaction and the change of pace with a speed-back and you have a beastly backfield monster.

Similar. Snelling's strengths are his vision and power while Turner's strengths are his speed and power (even though Turner is the bigger of the two...not taller though...LOL). The two together pounding it out are like a bunch of gut punches in a boxing match and can severely wear a defense down. In comes the playaction and the change of pace with a speed-back and you have a beastly backfield monster.

Man, I sure hope Norwood comes thru, but I'm not holding my breath ....everyone talking about Snelling coming in in the 4th ..sheet, I would rather pound Snelling in the 3rd, then unleash a fresh Turner in the 4th , against gasping defenses .....then a dash of Norwood, LOL .... :lol:

Man, I sure hope Norwood comes thru, but I'm not holding my breath ....everyone talking about Snelling coming in in the 4th ..sheet, I would rather pound Snelling in the 3rd, then unleash a fresh Turner in the 4th , against gasping defenses .....then a dash of Norwood, LOL .... :lol:

Be sure to check out Antone Smith as well. He's our other 4.3 runner.

I also see Turner's carries taking a good dip. Snelling is Turner's backup. Norwood is the change of pace guy, but I still see Snelling getting a few carries a game to give Turner a breather. Supposedly Michael is getting more time catching passes, something Jason excells at already. I would love love love to have Turner on the sidelines every now and then especially when we're way ahead so that we can have his high performance each and every Sunday.