I would say that I am "Cautiously Optimistic"

Rev_Hal

I try not to get too hyped up for the season. Last time I was pumped to the max about our upcoming season, our QB broke his leg in the preseason. But I feel really good about this year. We are finally developing depth at most positions, and we may have the team that go deep in the playoffs this year.

But I see the schedule as tougher than most of you do. We can easily go 12-4 or 9-7. As long as we stay injury free, we should be closer to 12-4, but we cant afford to have a top player go down.

Some observations:

- It looks like Finneran is more of a lock to make the team than I first thought. If Gonzo is hurt, Finn gives us the best option opver the middle. He is an excellent blocker, which is key.

- The DE position still scares me. I was shocked to see Biermann in the #3 spot, but that is not as important in the "rotational" system Van Gorder runs. If there is still a hole to fill on this team, it is at DE.

- The running game has to produce this year. Mullarkey's offense throughout his career has always won when the running game was solid. Turner looks to be back in top form, and there is good competition behind him.

- I absolutely LOVE to hear the Falcons working on screens and throwing to the backs. This is been sorely missed in our offense for 2 years. It's going to open up the field more for Ryan, and I think we will see some big gainers from the short dump off passes.

- I liked hearing about Ryan's time in the weight room. I saw him throw the long ball when he was at BC, so I have never questioned his arm strength. But he is his best shape ever, and it is going to pay off big time.

I try not to get too hyped up for the season. Last time I was pumped to the max about our upcoming season, our QB broke his leg in the preseason. But I feel really good about this year. We are finally developing depth at most positions, and we may have the team that go deep in the playoffs this year.

But I see the schedule as tougher than most of you do. We can easily go 12-4 or 9-7. As long as we stay injury free, we should be closer to 12-4, but we cant afford to have a top player go down.

Some observations:

- It looks like Finneran is more of a lock to make the team than I first thought. If Gonzo is hurt, Finn gives us the best option opver the middle. He is an excellent blocker, which is key.

- The DE position still scares me. I was shocked to see Biermann in the #3 spot, but that is not as important in the "rotational" system Van Gorder runs. If there is still a hole to fill on this team, it is at DE.

- The running game has to produce this year. Mullarkey's offense throughout his career has always won when the running game was solid. Turner looks to be back in top form, and there is good competition behind him.

- I absolutely LOVE to hear the Falcons working on screens and throwing to the backs. This is been sorely missed in our offense for 2 years. It's going to open up the field more for Ryan, and I think we will see some big gainers from the short dump off passes.

- I liked hearing about Ryan's time in the weight room. I saw him throw the long ball when he was at BC, so I have never questioned his arm strength. But he is his best shape ever, and it is going to pay off big time.

I'm with you Rev. In my mind, I can still see the full page pic. of Tommy Nobis on the front page of the Atl. Constitution.

(that was the early edition, the journal was afternoon) So I've been a fan for awhile.

I'm not to the point of having high expectations, but my hopes are higher than ever.

I also wanted to see da Beerman as the starting def. end. But who is to say? THIS COULD BE THE YEAR!

If the offense plays up to what is on paper, the opposition will be playing catch-up and players like Spoon will shine like the sun.

Can you feel it? I AM !!! :ph34r:

RISE UP DIRTY BIRDS

TO H3LL WITH THE STANKS

GO FALCONS !!!!!!!!!!!

I, too was shocked to see Beerman listed at #3 on the depth charts. Maybe that's a good

thing, maybe, just maybe, the light has gone on for a certain Razorback entering his 4th

year, one can only hope. My only reservation is with the CB position, most particularily

DROB. Yes, he appears to be a significant upgrade over Houston, but other than his

rookie year, I just don't know what to what we'll see performance wise, not to mention

his injury history. I'll just have to continue to trust the FO's vastly superior

knowledge in this matter and hope for the best.

"- The DE position still scares me. I was shocked to see Biermann in the #3 spot, but that is not as important in the "rotational" system Van Gorder runs. If there is still a hole to fill on this team, it is at DE."

Remember that we are entering the Pre Season.

Biermann is not going to be overworked in TC and the PS Games,

and come opening day Kroy will be in the Starting lineup.

Biermann baring injury will finish the season with no fewer than 10 sacks

and that is a conservative estimate.

So you think I am kidding right?

Lemme tell ya how this will go down.

When Biermann is not droping QB's and TFL's, the Predator will start feasting from the other side.

Now the opposition makes play adjustments for this and you have to remember that

the middle is going to be cloged up to.

Thisis where Spoon enters and this guy will have 3- 5 sacks this year too.

and add in a few sacks from the D Line.

Guess what

Our Defensive Unit accumulates a combined 27 + sacks for the season.

:P

I'm all out this year, Been a fan 25 years and now we finally have the back to back curse off our back anything can happen. Even if for some reason we have an off year I'm still going to be ok. That back to back thing was such a monkey on my back as a fan in some twisted way getting that done was just as good a super bowl.

I'm all out this year, Been a fan 25 years and now we finally have the back to back curse off our back anything can happen. Even if for some reason we have an off year I'm still going to be ok. That back to back thing was such a monkey on my back as a fan in some twisted way getting that done was just as good a super bowl.

I know exactly what you mean and how you feel about that.

"- The DE position still scares me. I was shocked to see Biermann in the #3 spot, but that is not as important in the "rotational" system Van Gorder runs. If there is still a hole to fill on this team, it is at DE."

Remember that we are entering the Pre Season.

Biermann is not going to be overworked in TC and the PS Games,

and come opening day Kroy will be in the Starting lineup.

Biermann baring injury will finish the season with no fewer than 10 sacks

and that is a conservative estimate.

So you think I am kidding right?

Lemme tell ya how this will go down.

When Biermann is not droping QB's and TFL's, the Predator will start feasting from the other side.

Now the opposition makes play adjustments for this and you have to remember that

the middle is going to be cloged up to.

Thisis where Spoon enters and this guy will have 3- 5 sacks this year too.

and add in a few sacks from the D Line.

Guess what

Our Defensive Unit accumulates a combined 27 + sacks for the season.

tongue.gif

We all view Biermann as the eventual starter, but I think the Falcons see him as a situational player. Either way, he can make an impact.

I think our biggest weakness last year was 3rd down defense. If Spoon can eliminate some of our matchup problems, this is going to make a huge difference.

Other reasons to be optimistic-

Turner and Abraham back to 2008 form

Ryan breaking out

Jamaal improving

I'm sorry, but I have to see JA98 break out before I will back on that bandwagon.

I'm too much of a fan to be cautious- Ryan is taking a huge leap, Turner is healthy, HD is back, there's quality depth on both lines, Meier looks like a real find, so does Franks, Robinson & Spoon are going to tighten coverage, Babs & Jerry & Peters will provide a push up the middle, Lofton, Bierman, Nicholas, Decoud and Sidbury are only going to get better, BVG has the pieces to play a much more aggressive scheme, Mularkey has quality 3-4-5 passing options.

I think this team takes the step up from good to elite this year, starting with Ryan. I'll be disappointed with anything less than double digit wins and a playoff win from this year.

Some observations:

:ph34r: See Magnus, this is how you POST ;)<_<<_<

i still think Turner needs another RB to step up and help him. He goes down then RB is a problem.. <_<

I think you missed last season. Uhhm some guy named Jason Snelling was around the team quite a bit helping out the running backs.

But I am rightfully optimistic. We have 2 legit DEs now (if Abe is saying Biermann is legit, I think that is about all the praise you need), a very deep DT rotation, possibly a top LB corps, and a new and improved secondary. Yea I don't really care for Coleman back there much but he is steady. Can't argue with consistency.

Offensively, we have Ryan/Turner/White/Jenkins/Douglas entering their 3rd year together. Not to mention the same OLine as well. Add in Snelling easing Turner's workload, Meier showing signs of goodness [not yet great lol], and another year with Tony G and we have a high powered offense. 50 points against the Saints and Ryan only played 1 game. I see 60-70 points this time.

I think you missed last season. Uhhm some guy named Jason Snelling was around the team quite a bit helping out the running backs.

But I am rightfully optimistic. We have 2 legit DEs now (if Abe is saying Biermann is legit, I think that is about all the praise you need), a very deep DT rotation, possibly a top LB corps, and a new and improved secondary. Yea I don't really care for Coleman back there much but he is steady. Can't argue with consistency.

Offensively, we have Ryan/Turner/White/Jenkins/Douglas entering their 3rd year together. Not to mention the same OLine as well. Add in Snelling easing Turner's workload, Meier showing signs of goodness [not yet great lol], and another year with Tony G and we have a high powered offense. 50 points against the Saints and Ryan only played 1 game. I see 60-70 points this time.

Snelling is not proven yet, and on top of that he is not even a top 50 RB in the NFL <_<

Snelling is not proven yet, and on top of that he is not even a top 50 RB in the NFL <_<

We rode Snellings back to get our Franchises first back to back winning season, He has proved enough for that he is a great backup, can play multiple positions and has a ton of heart. I'm perfectly happy with Snelling if Turner or Norwood have issues again this season. Snelling get to be in the ring of honor just for what he did last season being a major reason we broke the curse.

Being cautiously optimistic and a Falcon fan go together like hand and glove.

I was really hyped up about the 09 season and although we did finish 9-7 it was slightly disappointing to me because coming off a playoff appearance in 08 I expected more.

Still a lot of unanswered questions and concerns about the team so I hope it goes well.

Snelling is not proven yet, and on top of that he is not even a top 50 RB in the NFL dry.gif

Check the stats. Snelling was more than adequate as a fill in last year. He is a solid backup. If NorBalsaWood can stay healthy and provide a change of pace, we have a top NFL backfield.