Personal Boycott

Rock Howard

Dear Mr. Blanks and any other Falcons FO people who care,

I was 11 years old when the Falcons franchise was born and I have been a fan since that very day. I am not changing my stripes now since I really like the direction of the team on every level. Having said that, I am leaving this board and the Falcons website until the regular season starts. In addition I am not going to be making any purchases of Falcons gear during 2010. Also I am going to forgo my annual trek to see at least one Falcons game in person. Why? Because the complete lack of training camp video on the Falcons official site indicates that the Falcons don't want me involved in their "process".

Now I know that someone has decided that it is important not to give opposing teams extra video on the web that they can use to scout the team and I respect that decision, but the current ban on action video is way over the top. I would be perfectly content with just watching a few warm-ups and standard drills that give away no formations, routes or other useful information, but even that appears to be verboten. What remains is too boring to keep me involved. Talking heads answering the same questions every day is not engaging to me. So leaving the website for a few weeks will not be a burden for me as the content being offered to us hardcore fans is way too boring!

A lot of Falcons fans are stuck thousands of miles from FB and you are telling us that you don't care if we feel cut off from the team. Fine. Have it your way. I will just wait until the regular season starts to get back to Falcons football. Later.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was 11 years old when the Falcons franchise was born and I have been a fan since that very day. I am not changing my stripes now since I really like the direction of the team on every level. Having said that, I am leaving this board and the Falcons website until the regular season starts. In addition I am not going to be making any purchases of Falcons gear during 2010. Also I am going to forgo my annual trek to see at least one Falcons game in person. Why? Because the complete lack of training camp video on the Falcons official site indicates that the Falcons don't want me involved in their "process".

Now I know that someone has decided that it is important not to give opposing teams extra video on the web that they can use to scout the team and I respect that decision, but the current ban on action video is way over the top. I would be perfectly content with just watching a few warm-ups and standard drills that give away no formations, routes or other useful information, but even that appears to be verboten. What remains is too boring to keep me involved. Talking heads answering the same questions every day is not engaging to me. So leaving the website for a few weeks will not be a burden for me as the content being offered to us hardcore fans is way too boring!

A lot of Falcons fans are stuck thousands of miles from FB and you are telling us that you don't care if we feel cut off from the team. Fine. Have it your way. I will just wait until the regular season starts to get back to Falcons football. Later.

You sound like a horrible ben-gay smelling old man.

Well, you aren't going to find the video on any other web site either. So i don't understand what "leaving" will do.

LMAO, who cares about training camp video?

What person in their right mind would sit there and watch dudes run pass skeleton drills in shorts and watch offensive linemen block pads and watch running backs do cone and speed drills?

Seriously, Friday is 3 days away.

does the scouting combine count???? :unsure:

i have to raise my hand a lil bit.

Dramatic much? Have to assume that that you don't live close enough to attend some

TC's? But whatever, somehow I don't think you'll be missed. Really think this is a bit

childish, but then again don't know why I'm responding since you're probable already

left the AFMB. Have a great day and I personally, don't care to see you around come

regular season, but hey - That's just me. So just take your ball and go home. :angry:

LOL Lack of training camp video.

Does the expression "Don't cut off your nose to spite your face" mean anything?

lol..........

Overeact much? Good luck with your boycott. You not purchasing Falcons gear is REALLY going to effect this franchise. Mr.Blank is going to personally call you and apollogize.

Well, you aren't going to find the video on any other web site either. So i don't understand what "leaving" will do.

To be completely honest, training camp can be really boring. There's only a handful of drills that are fun to watch and that's if you're there and there's a large crowd that's into it.

see you then.

RISE UP DIRTY BIRDS

TO H3LL WITH THE STANKS

GO FALCONS !!!!!!!

Shiney... Nah... Wrong guy... That guy WANTS kids on his lawn...

The guy they are thinking about is from the "Monster House" movie...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monster_House_(film)

(Steve Buscemi) as Horace Nebbercracker, a mean old man and former "demolition squad" expert who lives across the street from DJ. He is known for stealing anything that lands on his lawn.

So, what did you do before the interwebs?

To quote Curly Bill in the movie "Tombstone"...

"Well...Bye"