2010 FALCONS DEFENSE

StealthFalcon

Ugh, I hope so. Im not convinced yet that Dunta, Spoon, and PJ are enough to turn around our cellar dwelling D. I hope im wrong obviously, but at this point it feels like a way below average D is only now slightly below average.

Think about this: How bad was our defense in 2008? We lost what 5 starters? This past year we let the youngins learn through fire. The last 3 weeks, we held opposing offenses (albeit weak ones) in check. Good defenses capitalize on weak offenses. We did this with a down year from Abe, missing PJ, and Peterson running out of gas after the bye week and losing B Williams. Top 10 defense not to mention. I think getting Jerry back, Abe looking like 08 Abe, Beerman ('nuff said), Spoon, and DRob will at least make us 27th or better in pass D. You can't tell me that all of those additions will produce a pass D of 29th or worse. If they do, THEN we are doomed!

Think about this: How bad was our defense in 2008? We lost what 5 starters? This past year we let the youngins learn through fire. The last 3 weeks, we held opposing offenses (albeit weak ones) in check. Good defenses capitalize on weak offenses. We did this with a down year from Abe, missing PJ, and Peterson running out of gas after the bye week and losing B Williams. Top 10 defense not to mention. I think getting Jerry back, Abe looking like 08 Abe, Beerman ('nuff said), Spoon, and DRob will at least make us 27th or better in pass D. You can't tell me that all of those additions will produce a pass D of 29th or worse. If they do, THEN we are doomed!

Good post ....about the truth right there ...