Georgia/CU game moves to 7pm

slamee101

I know...not big news to most but I'm in a wedding that weekend that starts @ 4pm. This means I can be in the ceremony, sit around for the toast, eat and by the time everyone is drunk and hitting that electric slide I can hit the bar and watch the game. FTW!

ATHENS — Kickoff time for the Georgia-Colorado game in Boulder on Oct. 2 has been changed to 7:00 p.m. ET (5:00 p.m. Mountain Time). A 4:30 p.m. ET start time had previously been announced in June.

The game, also previously announced, will still be televised nationally by Fox Sports Net.

The change came about after CU’s and the Big 12’s television network partners re-examined an earlier but tentative decision to allow the game to be televised inside an exclusive ABC telecast window.

ABC has only one time slot for a Big 12 Conference game that day, and has already committed to televising the Oklahoma-Texas game in its afternoon window (1:30 p.m. MDT). The kickoff adjustment allows the Colorado-Georgia game to be televised in the later prime time window and afford ABC its full exclusivity in the afternoon.

Telecasts after the third week of the season are generally made public on either 12-day or 6-day advance notice, but ABC relinquished the rights to the FSN, the Big 12 cable partner, early to afford CU the opportunity to better promote the game time.