Rundown of the early depth chart.

So before I go anywhere, I think I'll clear up that I KNOW this is just an early unofficial list, but you can still get a little something out of it. I'm just going to run over the positions that tell us something so far.

RG 73 Harvey Dahl 79 Mike Johnson 65 Jose Valdez

What this shows us: When the draft had just completed there was a lot of debate on which offensive lineman spot Mike Johnson would be playing at. A lot were saying Dahl in the first place, but other were thinking Blalock should be the one who gets replaced. So if anybody ends up getting replaced by Johnson, it might end up being Dahl. (Again, refer to the note above if you're freaking out)

DT 95 Jonathan Babineaux 91 Corey Peters 97 Trey Lewis

DT 94 Peria Jerry 93 Thomas Johnson 99 Vance Walke

What this shows us: So far, Corey Peters will be starting alongside Jerry in week 1 of the regular season. However, Jerry won't be playing in the KC game.

LE 98 Jamaal Anderson 92 Chauncey Davis 71 Kroy Biermann

What this shows us: This is the one I was questioning a bit. Is Biermann not impressing coaches at all? We've all been hoping Biermann would break the starting lineup this year and become the next Jared Allen, but he won't be doing that as a third string. Obviously this is early, but Biermann must not be doing much so far this offseason. And what happened to JA98 at DT?

OLB 54 Stephen Nicholas 56 Sean Weatherspoon 52 Coy Wire 43 Weston Johnson

OLB 53 Mike Peterson 56 Sean Weatherspoon 51 Robert James

What this shows us: Spoon is still gunning for both spots. I like this actually because it shows that A. he's definitely versatile, and B. he still has a shot to be starting at either spot.

RCB 23 Dunta Robinson 20 Brent Grimes 24 Dominique Franks 40 Daylan Walker

LCB 21 Christopher Owens 29 Brian Williams 22 Chevis Jackson

What this shows us: Well we know who has the early jump on that early spot opposite Dunta, and it's the guy that I and a lot of other members wanted. Owens showed a lot of promise at the end of the year, and now here it is. Also, Chevis Jackson is pretty low here, will he be the CB we have to sacrifice. Dunta and Williams won't be playing.

KR 14 Eric Weems 24 Dominique Franks

PR 14 Eric Weems 83 Harry Douglas

What this shows us: This one is a bit tough to read for me. It shows that Douglas probably won't be doing any Kick Returning, but possibly still Punts. Weems has both spots now, but maybe once HD is 100% he'll be back to starting on the Punt Returns.

Overall there weren't many huge surprises but I'm disappointed to see where Biermann is right now, and that HD might not return kicks or punts this year. But that also makes me think maybe it's to get him to focus on being a more dynamic wideout.

Smitty is pretty keen on the idea of it

being a rotation and players at the tackle

position being interchangeable. So what

that tells me is, if you make the team

you will see the field at DT.

Defensive End is pretty much the same

except you have Abe who is a stand out.

Remember how much rest he gets and it all

starts to line up as a rotation. You can

bet that until Sidbury emerges it will be

Abe and Biermann at the ends on passing downs

and the depth chart doesn't have a place for that.

This depth chart doesn't tell us anything. I bet you our second game Grimes will be starting. This is just to see how players are going to handle situations. We all know Bierman isn't a 3rd string player and Abe/White wouldn't be heaping praise on a player that is sucking in TC.

Plus HD doesn't need to do any extracurricular to endanger that knee

A depth chart describes who starts the game if everyone is fit.

That explains JA98's position at LE, because 1. down is almost always a run play.

It does also tell us, unfortunately, that Biermann probably isn't ready to be a 3-down end.

But if he pass rushes well enough on 2. and 3rd down, that's fine with me.

A depth chart describes who starts the game if everyone is fit.

That explains JA98's position at LE, because 1. down is almost always a run play.

It does also tell us, unfortunately, that Biermann probably isn't ready to be a 3-down end.

But if he pass rushes well enough on 2. and 3rd down, that's fine with me.

Will we be okay in the kicking game? should we go ahead and bring you back now? B)

LE 98 Jamaal Anderson 92 Chauncey Davis 71 Kroy Biermann

What this shows us: This is the one I was questioning a bit. Is Biermann not impressing coaches at all? We've all been hoping Biermann would break the starting lineup this year and become the next Jared Allen, but he won't be doing that as a third string. Obviously this is early, but Biermann must not be doing much so far this offseason. And what happened to JA98 at DT?

JA 98 will play DE in run situations.. Bierman will play DE in passing situations. JA98 will also get time at DT in run situations.

Will we be okay in the kicking game? should we go ahead and bring you back now? B)

Well, Red Wolf...

I'm no longer the strong, young and handsome man I was a couple of years ago.

I've now started a career as a kicking advisor/blogger/writer/public speaker/just pay me ******.

You can see what I'm up to at my new site, http://www.mortenandersen.com/

PS: I'm not Morten Andersen... But I am Danish.

"""DT 95 Jonathan Babineaux 91 Corey Peters 97 Trey Lewis

DT 94 Peria Jerry 93 Thomas Johnson 99 Vance Walker

What this shows us: So far, Corey Peters will be starting alongside Jerry in week 1 of the regular season. However, Jerry won't be playing in the KC game."""

I would not be overly quick to read too much into this early Depth chart

For example looking at the DTs you could say

What this tells us is that Trey Lewis and Vance Walker are going to get cut because the Falcons only keep 4 DTs"

Bologna

You people really aren't getting any smarter since I have been gone, are you? If you learn how to read, you'll understand that I said that you obviously can't read much into this, but you can at least read a little bit into it.

It's just that reading the little you did "read into it" seemed to be stretching it a mite too far

so I though "why not pull the band until it breaks?"

Well, Red Wolf...

I'm no longer the strong, young and handsome man I was a couple of years ago.

I've now started a career as a kicking advisor/blogger/writer/public speaker/just pay me ******.

You can see what I'm up to at my new site, http://www.mortenandersen.com/

PS: I'm not Morten Andersen... But I am Danish.

We all miss Mort! I bet it is one of the only things the whole darn board might agree upon. Wish he would come into camp and consult a bit on the upcoming kicking decision.

PS: You sound like Mort :D

I don't put much stock in our depth chart. Last year, I saw players all over the place compared to where they were listed on our depth chart, especially along the lines. Considering how out of whack it was last year, there is NO way I am going to do it before game 1 of the preseason.

You people really aren't getting any smarter since I have been gone, are you? If you learn how to read, you'll understand that I said that you obviously can't read much into this, but you can at least read a little bit into it.

Just being on this site before the season starts probably lowers your IQ a few points per day. I have lost entire chromosomes in the last month... B)

Just being on this site before the season starts probably lowers your IQ a few points per day. I have lost entire chromosomes in the last month... B)

Yea, personal situations have caused me to have to be away from here most of the time, but I stop in when I can but people here just aren't smart these days.

I don't put much stock in our depth chart. Last year, I saw players all over the place compared to where they were listed on our depth chart, especially along the lines. Considering how out of whack it was last year, there is NO way I am going to do it before game 1 of the preseason.

I'm with you on this one. This depth chart means absolutely nothing at this point. This is not how it will look at game one.

FlyHigh if you were as smart as the fans you're so quick to put down, you would realize it means nothing right now.

I'm with you on this one. This depth chart means absolutely nothing at this point. This is not how it will look at game one.

FlyHigh if you were as smart as the fans you're so quick to put down, you would realize it means nothing right now.

Everything means something. You can take something out of everything, unless your an emo who thinks of life as a bottomless pit.