Under the Radar

Karst41

We are going to be facing a schedule of some solid teams this season.

The one team that I feel is flying under the Radar is the Cleveland Browns,

with Mike Holmgren being the difference.

The wild card is will be Jake Delhome.

Any thoughts on what the Browns have accomplished during the offseason?

Joko Delhomme is their starting QB ........Senaca Wallace is the back up ........nuff said ....Birds roll 31-10......

if cold whether played a factor, then i would say it would be a low scoring game, but we roll easily in this 35-3. defense pitches a shutout. jake the snake has no threats to throw the ball too.

i wouldnt be so cocky. the browns have a solid all around defense, and jake always finds a way to suck all year but play great against us. plus dont sleep on their receivers, Massaquoi had a solid season last year, he and Robiskie have another year in the system and could breakout.

that being said we have a good shot to beat the browns, but to automatically say we'll steamroll them is ********, there are no guaranteed wins in the NFL.

i wouldnt be so cocky. the browns have a solid all around defense, and jake always finds a way to suck all year but play great against us. plus dont sleep on their receivers, Massaquoi had a solid season last year, he and Robiskie have another year in the system and could breakout.

that being said we have a good shot to beat the browns, but to automatically say we'll steamroll them is ********, there are no guaranteed wins in the NFL.

jake had the weapons in carolina to play great against us. mo mass will be shut down by d-rob, and owens or grimes will be all over robiskie. Yes there are no guaranteed wins in the nfl and yes any given sunday, any team can win, but im just confident about this game that we will send a message to the nfl that the atlanta falcons are 4real!!!

Jake Delhomme is a year older, playing for a less accomplished and experienced team, in a city known for it's bad weather. You don't want to look past anyone, but I'm glad this is a road game. Our schedule seems to have broken very well in terms of who we play at home vs who we visit.

That #17 clown had his best game of 2009 against the Falcons, but as usually the case in so called trap games it looks as though the team beats itself. So if we were to lose that game, it wouldn't matter too much what he does.

We aint losing that game man ...losing to Delhomo and the Brownies is the least of my worries ...this staff does not let this team ' fall into traps " ...that was Jimmy Moron ...Smitty will have them hungry and ready... .no such thing as a trap game anymore ........ ;)

We aint losing that game man ...losing to Delhomo and the Brownies is the least of my worries ...this staff does not let this team ' fall into traps " ...that was Jimmy Moron ...Smitty will have them hungry and ready... .no such thing as a trap game anymore ........ wink.gif

Not insisting that we would lose. I don't know how that game will turn out, Delhomme or not but we will almost certainly lose some games against teams where we will be the likely favorites, and that seems like one in that category. Every team does, that's just the way football is.

Not insisting that we would lose. I don't know how that game will turn out, Delhomme or not but we will almost certainly lose some games against teams where we will be the likely favorites, and that seems like one in that category. Every team does, that's just the way football is.

I disagree ....we may fumble one to the Sucs or something, but how many times you seen a Smitty team go into any game with the bighead ? ...Aint gonna happen ....for the most part, we will stay humble and hungry, focused, and we ARE going to beat the teams we are supposed to beat..... :lol:

I disagree ....we may fumble one to the Sucs or something, but how many times you seen a Smitty team go into any game with the bighead ? ...Aint gonna happen ....for the most part, we will stay humble and hungry, focused, and we ARE going to beat the teams we are supposed to beat..... laugh.gif

Disagree that favored teams lose games in the NFL??? It happens to EVERY team.

16-0, Falcons win Super Bowl every year from here on out. WOOHOO!!!

rolleyes.gif

Disagree that favored teams lose games in the NFL??? It happens to EVERY team.

16-0, Falcons win Super Bowl every year from here on out. WOOHOO!!!

rolleyes.gif

Never said that ....what I said is there are no more trap games for us ..Smitty always have the team ready, with their heads screwed on straight .you don't believe that, oh well ....yea we may get beat, but it won't be because we came in overconfident with a swelled head ...and I'll say it AGAIN...WE AINT LOSING TO THE BROWNS ......period, end of story ........

To be honest, until the 4th quarter clock hits 00:00 with a Falcon win I will be forever nervous and NEVER underestimate any NFL opponent.

Agreed.

Trying to be objective, I do think the Browns are going to be much better and I seem to recall us thinking we'd beat them pretty soundly in '06 @ home...didn't turn out so well. We also lost to a Detroit team that year that was "pretty bad". The year before that it was Samkon Gado and a bad Packers team coming to town and beating us up. My point is, with our history of giving up games to teams folks seem to think of as an "easy victory", I don't know why anyone is banking on a Browns beatdown.

That said, while I think the Browns will be better, I do think we're at a stage with this staff/team that barring a disaster we should beat them. I say 27-13.

Agreed.

Trying to be objective, I do think the Browns are going to be much better and I seem to recall us thinking we'd beat them pretty soundly in '06 @ home...didn't turn out so well. We also lost to a Detroit team that year that was "pretty bad". The year before that it was Samkon Gado and a bad Packers team coming to town and beating us up. My point is, with our history of giving up games to teams folks seem to think of as an "easy victory", I don't know why anyone is banking on a Browns beatdown.

That said, while I think the Browns will be better, I do think we're at a stage with this staff/team that barring a disaster we should beat them. I say 27-13.

I remember those games, yuk. I also remember some of the kiddies talking about how those teams would be destroyed, but that's probably why we see those ridiculous meltdowns on this board. Those folks allow themselves to believe that there is such a thing as an easy beatdown victory, talk all the trash about how badly we'll beat a particular team and if it doesn't happen the sky is falling.

I remember those games, yuk. I also remember some of the kiddies talking about how those teams would be destroyed, but that's probably why we see those ridiculous meltdowns on this board. Those folks allow themselves to believe that there is such a thing as an easy beatdown victory, talk all the trash about how badly we'll beat a particular team and if it doesn't happen the sky is falling.

LOL ...again, those games were not under Smitty ...show me one Smitty coached game where we were not prepared for an inferior opponent ....you guys are living in the past ...can we lose to the Browns ? ...well, yea, any given Sunday ...but if we do, it will not be because we came in overconfident, and got " trapped " ..forget that sheet ........

The thing about the browns is that they are Mike Holmgrens team now.

We have discussed certian players on the Browns (fair game)

Allow me to introduce another name into the discussion.

Sean Rogers

We do not have one player on our offense that can handle this guy in a one on one

for 3 seconds, and he will get a handfull of QB hurries and sack Ryan at least once.

Rogers is a Baddazz from the East Side of Hades, and we will have to game plan around him and

Joe Haden .

Yes Gonzo will eat Haden alive