JetBlue flight attendant goes berserk, deploys emergency chute

Statick

JetBlue flight attendant goes berserk, deploys emergency chute

August 9, 5:35 pm

A Jet Blue flight from Pittsburgh to New York had just arrived at JFK airport shortly after noon today when attendant Steven Slater snapped. He cursed at passengers over the p.a., pulled the emergency chute, and dashed across the tarmac toward the terminal building.

According to the website of WNBC, the New York TV network affiliate, Slater had had an altercation with one of the passengers on the flight. The cause of the incident is familiar, at least to anyone who has ever flown into New York. In short, a female passenger rose before the plane completed its taxi to the gate with the intention of retrieving a piece of luggage from the overhead compartment. (Another report states that the luggage hit the guy in the head - Stat.) Slater told the passenger to return to her seat but the woman ignored him.

When the exchange grew heated, so did the underside of Slater's collar. After treating the 100 passengers onboard to a s.tream of four-letter invective, he grabbed a six-pack of beers, activated the emergency side near the rear of the aircraft, and hightailed it from the scene. :lol:

Witnesses claim that the woman was the more flagrant offender during the verbal exchange, delivering a few choice profanities of her own, all directed at the flight attendant, (reports are that she called him a fag - Stat.) who was doing his job. WNBC reports that as Slater was exiting, he said something to the effect of "there goes 28 years." He was later arrested at his home in Queens by Port Authority officials.

According to a spokeswoman for the Queens DA's office, Slater is being charged with 2nd-and 4th-degree criminal mischief, 1st- and 2nd-degree reckless endangerment, and criminal trespass in the 3rd degree.

No word on what became of the foul-mouthed passenger.

Dude has become an instant cult hero and stands to cash in bigtime. It took some onions to do what he did for sure.

I hope he does. And quite frankly, if they are going to press charges on the guy, how about sending the b***h that cussed at him to the electric chair.

anyone would have been P'd after that but his tantrum wasnt worth it.

His father died recently and his mother is dealing with cancer. That, along with having to deal with a foul-mouth, griping wench who can't follow direction, I can understand if he lost it.

Perfect thread to vent! One, the "lady" should have waited until the plane got to the gate before she opened the bin to get her luggage. What was she going to do? Plow through all the people ahead of her?

Another thing! Women bring these heavy azz bags on board with the wheels and struggle and show the big "cow eyes" to get a man help her with her bag.

I say" Baby, when you are rolling your bag out to your car, stop and lift your bag on top of the refrigerator." If you can't do that, check it!!!!!!!!!

Dudes sooo gay though. My girl was flipping through the channels and came across the story on one of the networks before reading this, and I just saw the interview for like 3 seconds and said to my girl "So... he's gay?" Not even knowing what the story was at first.

And?