COD Black Ops Multiplayer video

Looks pretty sick to me.

To me MW2's biggest problem is that IW never really kept on top of the cheaters in the game. Treyarch has already vowed to patch glitches and issues as soon as they possibly can. Knowing the multiplayer will operate with dedicated servers, I'm fully stoked after seeing this video.

I was really hoping it would somewhat resemble MW2's gameplay, because for me MW2 is the best multiplayer shooter of this generation. Sure I hate Commando and I think nukes are the most worthless thing ever put into a multiplayer FPS. But aside from that and glitches that took forever to fix or never were, MW2 is an incredible experience. Knowing Treyarch is dedicated to maintaining the game, I can only hope that they finely tune the balance and hold a public beta to fix glaring issues before the game releases.

The rc car bomb does look pretty ridiculous. It has to be a killstreak reward. I wonder if there will be any way to defend against it... probably just shooting it huh?

I agree MW2 was the best multiplayer FPS shooter in a LONG time (maybe since Goldeneye! lol) and they don't need to fix what isn't broke. As long as the cheaters are controlled, I'll def be getting it. I never played the Campaign mode because online was so amazing. I liked the killstreaks, hated nukes. I think they should make the entire terrain interactive similar to Uncharted. Those graphics and full-interaction in COD would take the game over the top but I just don't see why they won't invest in better graphics. Not that they aren't good but it is 2010 and there are plenty of other games with better graphics. That is my only pet peeve

I agree MW2 was the best multiplayer FPS shooter in a LONG time (maybe since Goldeneye! lol) and they don't need to fix what isn't broke. As long as the cheaters are controlled, I'll def be getting it. I never played the Campaign mode because online was so amazing. I liked the killstreaks, hated nukes. I think they should make the entire terrain interactive similar to Uncharted. Those graphics and full-interaction in COD would take the game over the top but I just don't see why they won't invest in better graphics. Not that they aren't good but it is 2010 and there are plenty of other games with better graphics. That is my only pet peeve

You never played the campaign? That's a shame, I thought the campaign was ALOT of fun.

COD4 > MW2

I really disagree. I loved COD4 and played it into the ground, but after I played MW2 for a while and got tired of the glitch exploiters I went back to play COD4 and it just didn't do it for me. With MW2 they literally made everything other than the built-in maps better. Setting up your classes is easier, challenges and unlocks are easier to manage/view, graphics are better, and the presentation is just much more polished. You can get so much more immersed in MW2 because you are constantly challenged to use different weapons, attachments, perks, killstreaks, and random stuff to accomplish in matches... and you can easily view your progress toward the next challenge level.

People cry about noob tubers and campers in MW2, but that stuff existed in full on COD4 as well.

The only thing completely gameplay related that people say MW2 sucks for is the killstreaks, which I don't completely agree with either. Sure, it rewards selfish gameplay - but it also rewards you for being good at the game. The care packages are there because there are some folks who simply can't get a Chopper Gunner/AC130 or even a Pavelow from straight kills and it balances the game for those people to enjoy the content rather than constantly be raped by people who play the game way too much.

The only thing I hold COD4 over MW2 with is the maps it shipped with... they were far superior to what MW2 shipped with. I think the only MW2 map that could have stood with the COD4 maps is Karachi.

It's a shame that all the drama between Activision and IW crippled the enjoyment of MW2 for legit players. If IW had stayed on top of the glitches and cheating, it would have been a better experience from the start; but sadly that wasn't the case, in large part because IW was crippled from shortly after MW2's launch. Which is a big reason I'm looking forward to Black Ops. Treyarch has vowed to constantly stay on top of the online multiplayer component and they are nowhere near as big a studio as IW had become. Dedicated servers will also go a long way to improve the experience. Now that we know killstreaks are in the game, I hope they do a better job of balancing it.

MW2 Wasn't a great game. It was a rehash arcade shooter with an addicting formula. Play it on PC you will say its the shittiest game ever, IW didn't do crap to stop hackers and glitchers. They removed PC gaming core in Dedicated Servers. and they priced it 10$ above all other new games for PC, TL:DR MW2 was a rip off on PC.

I really disagree. I loved COD4 and played it into the ground, but after I played MW2 for a while and got tired of the glitch exploiters I went back to play COD4 and it just didn't do it for me. With MW2 they literally made everything other than the built-in maps better. Setting up your classes is easier, challenges and unlocks are easier to manage/view, graphics are better, and the presentation is just much more polished. You can get so much more immersed in MW2 because you are constantly challenged to use different weapons, attachments, perks, killstreaks, and random stuff to accomplish in matches... and you can easily view your progress toward the next challenge level.

People cry about noob tubers and campers in MW2, but that stuff existed in full on COD4 as well.

The only thing completely gameplay related that people say MW2 sucks for is the killstreaks, which I don't completely agree with either. Sure, it rewards selfish gameplay - but it also rewards you for being good at the game. The care packages are there because there are some folks who simply can't get a Chopper Gunner/AC130 or even a Pavelow from straight kills and it balances the game for those people to enjoy the content rather than constantly be raped by people who play the game way too much.

The only thing I hold COD4 over MW2 with is the maps it shipped with... they were far superior to what MW2 shipped with. I think the only MW2 map that could have stood with the COD4 maps is Karachi.

It's a shame that all the drama between Activision and IW crippled the enjoyment of MW2 for legit players. If IW had stayed on top of the glitches and cheating, it would have been a better experience from the start; but sadly that wasn't the case, in large part because IW was crippled from shortly after MW2's launch. Which is a big reason I'm looking forward to Black Ops. Treyarch has vowed to constantly stay on top of the online multiplayer component and they are nowhere near as big a studio as IW had become. Dedicated servers will also go a long way to improve the experience. Now that we know killstreaks are in the game, I hope they do a better job of balancing it.

I got bored of MW2 after like 2 months, I played COD4 all up to WAW, didn't care much for WAW either, I did enjoy the zombies though. So much in MW2 that I just didn't like, I didn't like care packages because people can steal what you worked hard for. I had team mates steal my packages that I earned, not to mention that I hate it when you call in a care package, the d@mn thing can fall out of the map or on top of a building that you can't reach lol.

Same thing for Socom, I don't think Socom will ever be as good as Socom 1 and 2. It's a shame really because Socom pretty much started the whole online consing gaming that wasn't a sports game. Socom was a big hit when PS2 first came out. Boy do I miss it.

I got bored of MW2 after like 2 months, I played COD4 all up to WAW, didn't care much for WAW either, I did enjoy the zombies though. So much in MW2 that I just didn't like, I didn't like care packages because people can steal what you worked hard for. I had team mates steal my packages that I earned, not to mention that I hate it when you call in a care package, the d@mn thing can fall out of the map or on top of a building that you can't reach lol.

Same thing for Socom, I don't think Socom will ever be as good as Socom 1 and 2. It's a shame really because Socom pretty much started the whole online consing gaming that wasn't a sports game. Socom was a big hit when PS2 first came out. Boy do I miss it.

rumor has it that activision will be charging a 15 dollar a month subsription fee to play this game(totally optional) but the paying customers get exlusive weapons and maps have fun paying to play on line shooters or to get the full service.

rumor has it that activision will be charging a 15 dollar a month subsription fee to play this game(totally optional) but the paying customers get exlusive weapons and maps have fun paying to play on line shooters or to get the full service.

I hate the internet rumor mill. So many dumb rumors come out of it.