Can Meirr be the next Hines Ward?

yesmann

Both former QBs. Neither taken high in the draft. Both big, strong, slow possession receivers that have great hands and route running ability. Hines ward simply knows how to play the position, knows how to run routes and get open, and has the hands and toughness to be successful. Meier seems to have these traits as well.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough to say. Interesting comparison. I would venture to say that there won't be another much like Ward, the guy is tough as nails. I can honestly say I've not seen enough of Meier to say one way or another.

Now you want to mix ward with some welker..sure..I will take that.

I think most of us would probably settle for a slight to moderate improvement on a very good sure handed Finn.

Both former QBs. Neither taken high in the draft. Both big, strong, slow possession receivers that have great hands and route running ability. Hines ward simply knows how to play the position, knows how to run routes and get open, and has the hands and toughness to be successful. Meier seems to have these traits as well.

Hines is big, strong and slow? :mellow:

I would agree accept they are not that close in size. Hines is no bigger than Roddy ... And considerably smaller than Meier who is trying to replace Finn.

Tough to say. Interesting comparison. I would venture to say that there won't be another much like Ward, the guy is tough as nails. I can honestly say I've not seen enough of Meier to say one way or another.

Now you want to mix ward with some welker..sure..I will take that.

I think most of us would probably settle for a slight to moderate improvement on a very good sure handed Finn.

reasonable

would be pretty cool if we could have Meier and White running on the outsides in that scenario...hopefully he does pan out as such though, seems like the kid can't drop a ball. I haven't heard/seen anything that shows he quite has the cajones to bust a LB in his mouth all game long though, while grabbing everything thrown over the middle with a smile on his face.

If Meier does end up somewhere between Welker and Ward I would be happy. Both players have made me infuriatingly angry at some points in their career for no other reason than how good they are and that we didn't have a guy like that playing for us. Especially on Madden :P

So if Meier turns out somewhere in their molds, man... I would happy we have a guy who is that much of a pain in the neck for other D's.

Looking forward to in 20 years or so time toasting some of our players from the last 3 years as they take their place in Canton :)

It would be nice if he does, but we really have a long way to go before that could be determined.

The best attributes Ward brings to the game is his toughness and his durability. He is the best blocking WR in the biz IMO and rarely misses time. In 12 years, he's probably missed less than a dozen games. He's smart, runs his routes well and hits like a linebacker.

If Meier can do that - we really lucked up.

It would be nice if he does, but we really have a long way to go before that could be determined.

The best attributes Ward brings to the game is his toughness and his durability. He is the best blocking WR in the biz IMO and rarely misses time. In 12 years, he's probably missed less than a dozen games. He's smart, runs his routes well and hits like a linebacker.

If Meier can do that - we really lucked up.

this