Mike Minor Debut

Turner2endZone

He's getting a ton of flyball outs so far, which isnt usually a good thing, but he looks confident and isn't throwing a bunch of fat pitches.

Flyball outs got a bad rap in the steroid era. Now that baseball is back to normal, flyball pitchers will see a resurgence.

This is true.

I like what I see from him from a confidence standpoint, but he needs to break out a third pitch at some point against better teams.

A saw a good fastball hitting spots, and a plus change. He mixed in the curve and the slider to mixed results. I really like the curve though, that could be a big pitch for him.

I thought Minor pitched great tonight. The Astros only earned 1 of the 4 runs they got against them. ******* bloop hits and little league defense!

And Alex Gonzalez? What in the **** is so special about him? That he can make a sliding stop with the glove and flip to 2nd to start a double play? What ******* good is that if he makes an error every other game? :angry: I miss Escobar's GREAT defense minus a couple of lost in space moments. :(

Solid outing for the kid, too bad his defense and relief pitching let him down.

But he handled it fairly well. He got a bit rattled in his last inning as he tried to preserve the one run lead, but as I said, i was impressed by his effort. You can never really judge a guy with one start, but if tonight was an indication of his talent, then he deserves to be pitching in the big leagues.

Solid outing for the kid, too bad his defense and relief pitching let him down.

But he handled it fairly well. He got a bit rattled in his last inning as he tried to preserve the one run lead, but as I said, i was impressed by his effort. You can never really judge a guy with one start, but if tonight was an indication of his talent, then he deserves to be pitching in the big leagues.

I don't think he got rattled. Sure he walked the leadoff batter but it wasn't like he walked a nobody. He walked Hunter Pence the hottest hitter for the Astros. Then once Pence got to 3rd base he made the pitch and got the result he wanted which was an easy ground ball right at the infield and Gonzalez completely ****** that up.

Nice effort overall. Minus the cheap hits and shoddy defense it was a great first start. He's got a great diving fastball that had guys reaching all night and his change-up is already highly advanced... the curve needs some polish but that will come in time and to be honest I haven't seen him throw enough to know whether he had his best stuff or not tonight. That fastball is really going to be effective against righties when he learns how to bury it inside.

Nice effort overall. Minus the cheap hits and shoddy defense it was a great first start. He's got a great diving fastball that had guys reaching all night and his change-up is already highly advanced... the curve needs some polish but that will come in time and to be honest I haven't seen him throw enough to know whether he had his best stuff or not tonight. That fastball is really going to be effective against righties when he learns how to bury it inside.

He really didn't throw the curve that much tonight. That kind of surprised me a little bit because in the the video I have seen of him in the minors it's a top notch pitch. It was mostly fastball and change-up tonight. The change-up was GREAT tonight. He got a lot of big outs on it.

Also he looks solid at the plate too. Look's like another Tim Hudson! :)