Corey Peters Must BE AWESOME

I know a lot of guys on the message board says, "in Dimitroff I trust." However, I am truly hoping this Friday night game against Kansas City will be an insurance game for many of the picks we chose in the draft this year.

For example, we took Corey Peters in the 3rd round along with Mike Johnson. That said, I sure am looking forward to this Friday's game. Mainly because we passed on Geno Adkins and he looked great last night against the Cowboys. The Bengals took Adkins in the 4th round. We chose Joe Hawley with our 4th round pick.

Moreover, Michael Johnson out of Georgia Tech was very disruptive against the Dallas Cowboys O-line. Are we purposely staying away from hometown talent?

Edited by Dr. Billings

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: at thinking preseason games means anything for anyone.

I'm not so sure about that. Our 3rd down defense was awful in pre-season and continued through out the season It also gave us a chance to see That da Beerman was going to be a beast.

Of course the score don't mean anything much.

You do know stats are not kept officially for Preseason Games...right?

Give him a cigar for originality. My point is this, Johnson was more disruptive than JA98 has ever been. Regardless or that, my main point is Geno Adkins looked great. In fact, he looked much better than our first round pick of '09.

Are we purposely staying away from home grown talent? I am not looking for idiotic

remarks. I'm just trying to spark healthy converstation.

Without putting too much credence into a preseason game that was as exciting as watching paint dry...I thought both Johnson and Adkins played very well. I couldn't tell you official starts, but at DT Adkins was disruptive all night. Some of it was lapses by the Cincy blocking, but not all.

And yeah, Johnson looked really good. Also disruptive. And dude has obviously spent some time getting ready for the season. I don't recall him looking like that in college.

Give him a cigar for originality. My point is this, Johnson was more disruptive than JA98 has ever been. Regardless or that, my main point is Geno Adkins looked great. In fact, he looked much better than our first round pick of '09.

Are we purposely staying away from home grown talent? I am not looking for idiotic

remarks. I'm just trying to spark healthy converstation.

That's not true, JA98 has had some great Preseason games, in 2008 he looked great early on. If you're going to pump up a player based on the first Preseason game of the season you should also realize that game in meaningless. So meaningless in fact that the NFL gives two teams an extra game to get ready in the Preseason. Cincy and Dallas both have 5 games in the Preseason.

The idiotic comment is saying a player is a beast or better than what the Falcons have based on what amounts to a scrimmage.

Without putting too much credence into a preseason game that was as exciting as watching paint dry...I thought both Johnson and Adkins played very well. I couldn't tell you official starts, but at DT Adkins was disruptive all night. Some of it was lapses by the Cincy blocking, but not all.

And yeah, Johnson looked really good. Also disruptive. And dude has obviously spent some time getting ready for the season. I don't recall him looking like that in college.

So did the Bengals take a chance on Adkins? Was he a long shot coming out of GA?

That's not true, JA98 has had some great Preseason games, in 2008 he looked great early on. If you're going to pump up a player based on the first Preseason game of the season you should also realize that game in meaningless. So meaningless in fact that the NFL gives two teams an extra game to get ready in the Preseason. Cincy and Dallas both have 5 games in the Preseason.

The idiotic comment is saying a player is a beast or better than what the Falcons have based on what amounts to a scrimmage.

Thanks for your reply.

Johnson and Atkins were both very impressive last night. Like mentioned before, its only the preseason, but both performances indicate they should be above average players.

BTW, its ATkins, not Adkins.

This thread reeks of DA FUTURE threads. :lol: It's fine to cheer for local college kids but you'll know who's truly legit around the week of November 1st.

I'm not so sure about that. Our 3rd down defense was awful in pre-season and continued through out the season It also gave us a chance to see That da Beerman was going to be a beast.

Of course the score don't mean anything much.

3rd preseason game when our first team defense was supposed to be on the field. Both CBs were supposed to be our #1s and both were getting roasted by 2nd stringers.

A little different than one player have a good showing in the 1st preseason game.

I've heard a lot of good reports on Peters and Buck Belue just mentioned him on 680 the fan. He was at the practice this morning and said Peters looked really good.

I've been a big fan of Michael Johnson for awhile now and I really wanted him to be a Falcon. I know it was just a preseason game, but he was dominating. Adkins looked good too. I kept looking for Dunlap last night, but I never saw him. Anybody know if he is injured?