Isn't he the back that got wacked by home boy Middleton this morning?

That is neither here nor there though. He got good reviews all around for Fri. Night Lights

If they keep Kleco for a sub. full back, that might keep him from making the team. As fragile as Norwood has been, they might need to keep him though.

Isn't he the back that got wacked by home boy Middleton this morning?

Yes, but it was supposed to be a non-tackle practice so Smith wasn't really expecting to be hit like that.

I've heard good things from numerous reporters about Smith. Jay Adams said he looked really good Friday night and especially good in screen passes. He seemed pretty excited when he talked about him.

FB Ovie Mughelli on RB Antone Smith's somewhat emergence in training camp: "He has almost as much speed as (RB) Jerious (Norwood), and having that leverage as part of his height, he's able to get underneath people and explode through the line."

RB Antone Smith on making the most of the extra carries he's getting while RB Jerious Norwood (hip flexor) misses practice: "I'm just trying to get a job and showcase what I can do."

RB Antone Smith on having a chance to latch on at special teams: "Hopefully this Friday (against Kansas City) I'll get a chance to catch a few returns or cover a few kicks, whatever it may be."

I think he's got a shot. Nance will probably go straight to PS, if the Ain'ts don't try and snag him. They just lost Bell's replacement for the year. I'm worried about Norwood's durabilty. I'd like to see Smith do well. I liked Smith and Nance a lot in college. I wish there was more room than just the 53 man roster. Hopefully the new CBA will increase that so we can keep more players like Middleton, who we lost last season to the Jags, to develop.

Edited by paulitik

I have been to a few practices and I will always see someone bursting through a hole and realize it is either Smith or Nance when watching the 2nd and 3rd teams. I like Smith and Nance and I hope we keep both on the PS if we decide to go with Klecko as a backup FB. Smith has flashed in practice and is very quick, I did a couple of times in the Jagaur practices where he wasnt doing much, but that wasnt full go, so might not want to read into that to much. The biggest suprise for me is how quick Nance is, I was in Awe at the Practice on Tuesday. A couple of times I thought that was Norwood, and kept forgetting that Norwood was hurt (the Dreds didnt help either LOL). Nance is deceptively quick for his size and moves very well IMO.

I have been to a few practices and I will always see someone bursting through a hole and realize it is either Smith or Nance when watching the 2nd and 3rd teams. I like Smith and Nance and I hope we keep both on the PS if we decide to go with Klecko as a backup FB. Smith has flashed in practice and is very quick, I did a couple of times in the Jagaur practices where he wasnt doing much, but that wasnt full go, so might not want to read into that to much. The biggest suprise for me is how quick Nance is, I was in Awe at the Practice on Tuesday. A couple of times I thought that was Norwood, and kept forgetting that Norwood was hurt (the Dreds didnt help either LOL). Nance is deceptively quick for his size and moves very well IMO.

Big WOW on Nance

Nance reminds me a lot of Snelling in the fact that he is a Back I wanting really bad in that draft for a late round I knew he was a steal. I had him pegged. Nance I think can be a steal as well , even thou I didn't have him pegged , I think that he may be a great pickup who reminds me of Snelling in that way. Same for Meier who I think is going to be a real steal and no I didn't even have him on my radar.

I remember when I would study for a draft, had some great players picked out and then would watch our draft. I would get so mad knowing there were much better players available. And I was right more the the GMs getting paid round the clock for the Falcons. I couldn't believe how terrible we would draft. Then when we got TD, I was so glad knowing what he was great at. The draft, I thought right then, they have finially figured it out. It's who can win the draft year in and year out. Well, it's at least 50% to having a winning team. The other have is Coaches , Owner, and we have the best Owner and a great Coach now. It's just a matter of time now.