Jenkins injury if not ready final roster cut

Their have been LOTS of Threads since his injury Pro and Con.

So you make the call.

If He is not ready to play before final roster cuts. Do you keep spot open or replace him with one of the prospects in camp.

Remember if he is placed on IR he can't play all year.

NFL rules

A team may place a player on injured reserve (reserve/injured list) who is "not immediately available for participation with a club". These players may not practice or return to the Active List in the same season that they are placed on injured reserve, but are allowed to be with the team. [2]

So far so good I'm just wondering where the Falcons Nation is on this.

With Threads like:

Cons against him

Michael Jenkins plays football like a Little Girl

With Jenkins hurt do we veteran star

Or Pros for him.

Jenks has had more clutch catches

Like everything else time will tell he might heal fast who knows for sure.

Their have been LOTS of Threads since his injury Pro and Con.

So you make the call.

If He is not ready to play before final roster cuts. Do you keep spot open or replace him with one of the prospects in camp.

Remember if he is placed on IR he can't play all year.

NFL rules

A team may place a player on injured reserve (reserve/injured list) who is "not immediately available for participation with a club". These players may not practice or return to the Active List in the same season that they are placed on injured reserve, but are allowed to be with the team. [2]

Depending on how the injury heals, Jenkins could be back before week 1. Falcons will not cut or put him on IR.

Ok let me explain I never said to CUT him. Maybe its the way I worded it. I was asking more about if he is not healthy at final roster cuts do you place him on IR or Reserve PUP or just give him a roster spot and hope he is ready for like week two. You just never know with injuries how they might heal.

SYD you might want to read this since his injury happened after camp started so he can't be placed on Active PUP.

Again I'm just asking how the Falcon Nation feels one way or the other. I like him wish he catch some passes better but he has been lots of help in other ways.

Remember the rules for pup change once season starts.

First and foremost, there are two PUP lists.

The Active PUP is for players that have some form of injury that will prevent them from starting training camp.

If placed on Active PUP, a player can rehab and participate in team meetings but cannot practice.

A player has to be placed on Active PUP before he begins training camp.

A player on Active PUP can be removed from the list at any time during camp.

A player on Active PUP counts against the league mandated roster limit (currently 80).

And one of the most important rules, a player must be on Active PUP in order to be considered for Reserve PUP.

At the end of preseason, if an Active PUP player is still several weeks away from being able to play, the team may place him on Reserve PUP.

Reserve PUP players are not eligible to play for the first six weeks of the season.

Reserve PUP players do not count against the 53 man roster.

Reserve PUP players have a three week window after Week 6 to practice with the team but a roster decision must be made, either to activate to the 53 or to IR the player, within that time frame.

Edited by falcons faithful

So if he can't be on pup then you give him a roster spot and hope he only misses one or two games which sounds like is going to be the case at worst since no surgery is required.

We will probably have a WR or two on our PS that were in camp so it should not be a big deal.

Edited by SYD

You really have to ignore Falcons Faithful. He knows very little about the sport. So far as I can tell other than crying crocodile tears and calling people haters if you are unsatisfied with JA98's performance he contributes very little to the board. That sort of makes him a troll.

You really have to ignore Falcons Faithful. He knows very little about the sport. So far as I can tell other than crying crocodile tears and calling people haters if you are unsatisfied with JA98's performance he contributes very little to the board. That sort of makes him a troll.

:lol::lol: Classic case of the pot calling the kettle names.

You made no contribution to the thread other then being negative. As far as JA you really need to learn to read better I have been saying for sometime now it is time for him to step up or step out. But then you to blinded by your hate of me to be able to say anything constructive. :wacko:

Edited by falcons faithful

Actually I am pleasently suprised that he is contributing a decent (not great) thread without calling anyone a hater. Keep it up Falcons Faithful. On the other hand if FFS1970 jumps on this thread Falcons Faithful will nut up.

I would vote to save spot for him. While he is gone, it will give each a receiver on the team a chance to step up to next level (excluding Roddy who is #1 all ready) ...but when Jenks is healthy enough I think we insert him back into the lineup. Even though I like some of our young receivers I don't think they are quite ready to unseed Jenks just yet.

No doubt that there are better options than Michael Jenkins. Still him being out for a few weeks will give the rookies and Finn a chance. Jenkins is still a lot better than the low level receivers we have been forced to bring in the last few years (Booker).