Acronym use, do you think people are getting lazier?

nativefalcon

Do you like all the Acronym use in speech? or do you think its just lazy speech?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like all the Acronym use in speech? or do you think its just lazy speech?

• Yes its lazy speech and it gets annoying
    • No, its just the sign of the times.
    • N/A

Acronym use, do you think people are getting lazier? In speech, etc....... I know alot of people get it from texting or messengers using acronyms, I'm in computers and I.T. and medical is the kings of acronyms, because the reason why you said CMOS is because you don't want to say, Complimentary Metal Oxide Semi-conductor, in either more lamens terms a battery. But I have noticed everywhere. Burger King = BK. Even the Falcons. ATL. LOL Laughing out Loud and when people say that, I'm bout embarassed for them. :P

Do you like all the Acronym use or do you think its just lazy speech? Or is it the sign of the times? ;)

Edited by nativefalcon

Where I work we have acronym overload. I know it is to help remember different elements of work related programs but it does get ridiculous and redundant.

I know my work is the same way, I understand everything but if somebody is not from our area its like we're talking chinese. :P

oh I don't hate acronyms as much as what the asians and some Europeans do. Let me give you a quick preview.

I wsh I cud spk in prpr eng. I rlly hte typing evrything out properly. Tht's grt tht I knw how 2 put evrything in shrt wrds, u shld try it 2....

******* just type the **** thing out.

Edited by wazza2

When I'm writing a text to a friend I will write "Idk" "wtf" "lol" and etc. But I never say "Idk" I say "I don't know". People that say "LOL" in a serious tone should be mutes. Only reason I type acronyms is because I'm short with my texts to my friends. They know what I mean.

My least favorite are the ones given to athletes and celebrities like LBJ, CP3, BenJen, etc.

I can't stand the LBJ! His name is not Le Bron James, how can you separate his first name and make that acronym... His name is Lebron Raymone James, which makes his initials LRJ..

Acronym use, do you think people are getting lazier? In speech, etc....... I know alot of people get it from texting or messengers using acronyms, I'm in computers and I.T. and medical is the kings of acronyms, because the reason why you said CMOS is because you don't want to say, Complimentary Metal Oxide Semi-conductor, in either more lamens terms a battery. But I have noticed everywhere. Burger King = BK. Even the Falcons. ATL. LOL Laughing out Loud and when people say that, I'm bout embarassed for them. :P

Do you like all the Acronym use or do you think its just lazy speech? Or is it the sign of the times? ;)

k

WTF? OMG! haha sounds like my daughter talking