Saints defense impressive in scrimmage

nolafan33

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2010/08/new_orleans_saints_defense_is_1.html

• Cornerback Jabari Greer continued his strong first week of practice, with two breakups and no completions allowed. The receivers struggled to get any separation from Greer, who certainly is looking like a shutdown cornerback so far. Greer's best play came in the two-minute drill when he leapt to break up a pass from Brees to Lance Moore that would have been an 11-yard touchdown.

• Linebacker Jonathan Casillas, who saw plenty of action because starting weakside linebacker Scott Shane missed the scrimmage with a knee a knee injury, was solid against the run and pass. His speed was evident when he was used to blitz and he had a pass breakup.

• Jimmy Wilkerson, who is recovering from a knee injury of his own, showcased his playmaking ability with a sack and fumble recovery. Wilkerson, who is battling for the left defensive end position, had his best practice of camp, as he rotated with the No. 1 defense.

• Reserve cornerback Reggie Jones, an apparent long shot to make the team, could be playing his way into consideration for a roster spot. He was solid in coverage, recording a couple of pass breakups and nearly coming up with an interception against Brees.

• Marques Colston was a late arrival in camp because he was on the physically unable to perform list until Tuesday, but he is working himself into shape quickly. He caught for passes for a game-high 73 yards, as he routinely used his size to keep defenders away.

-9a1c65af77d2d6c5_custom_665xauto.jpg

I have and the conversion is complete. I am a believer ice is the next manning nay he's the next brady or better yet he's both rolled up into one.

I won't he's not goning to be a good QB. His problem is that he is competing in the same division with Brees.

Edited by Aquietguy

We weren't supposed to be any good last year.

STICK AROUND QUIET, THINGS ARE GOING TO LIVEN UP IN A FEW WEEKS.

NO MORE ABOUT WHAT MAY HAPPEN, NO MORE WHAT WAS SUPPOSE TO HAPPEN,

NO MORE WHAT WE HOPE WILL HAPPEN ....... JUST DID YOU WIN OR LOSE

THIS WEEK. I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU, BUT I'M READY FOR FREDDIE. :rolleyes:

Hey REV, while you're sitting around, wondering about stuff, we're defending a title. You wanna know if we're ready? You'll just have to wait your turn. Don't worry, we'll get around to you... eventually. Though I'm not sure why you're in such a hurry for ANOTHER BEATING OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH :o:o:o

Hey REV, while you're sitting around, wondering about stuff, we're defending a title. You wanna know if we're ready? You'll just have to wait your turn. Don't worry, we'll get around to you... eventually. Though I'm not sure why you're in such a hurry for ANOTHER BEATING OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH :o:o:o

Stop messing with the old man

WHAT I'M SITTING AROUND WONDERING IS .... WILL YOU GUYS BE ABLE TO SWALLOW

THE BIG SHOE? IF YOU CAN OR NOT, ITS GOING DOWN YOUR THROATS. IF YOU KNEW,

WHAT I KNOW .... YOU'D BE IN A HURRY TO GET THIS THING STARTED TOO! AND ON

SEPTEMBER 26, 2010 ... "THE DAY THE EARTH STOPS SPINNING" FOR THE SAINTS.

DON'T BE NERVOUS .... BE READY, CAUSE WE WILL. THIS IS GOING TO BE GREAT!

Don't make me come look for you!

Stop messing with the old man

LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING KID. I DIDN'T LIVE TO BE AN OLD MAN, BY MESSING

WITH OLD MEN WHEN I WAS A YOUNG MAN. THE ONLY WAY YOU ARE GOING TO AVOID

BEING AN OLD MAN ..... "YOU WILL HAVE TO DIE YOUNG SON." BUT YOU WON'T HAVE TO

CHOOSE .... IF YOU KEEP MESS'IN WITH OLD MEN, ONE OF THEM WILL TAKE YOU OUT.

NOT ME ... I WANT YOU TO LIVE, AND KEEP SUFFERING. :D

LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING KID. I DIDN'T LIVE TO BE AN OLD MAN, BY MESSING

WITH OLD MEN WHEN I WAS A YOUNG MAN. THE ONLY WAY YOU ARE GOING TO AVOID

BEING AN OLD MAN ..... "YOU WILL HAVE TO DIE YOUNG SON." BUT YOU WON'T HAVE TO

CHOOSE .... IF YOU KEEP MESS'IN WITH OLD MEN, ONE OF THEM WILL TAKE YOU OUT.

NOT ME ... I WANT YOU TO LIVE, AND KEEP SUFFERING. :D

believe me us young folk will be suffering, along with our kids. "an old man will take me out?" Where to dinner? That's kinda sick man.

I would trade paying house notes, taxes, working, cooking, for eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, not having a care in the world.