Chael Sonnen you big dummy!

Rambler

Sonnen DOMINATED the fight. I mean that Silva was on his back for the entire fight and he locks in a triangle out of nowhere to win it. And for an experienced fighter like Sonnen, it was a grade school mistake.

It just seems a bit fishy. Silva's last two fights were total stinkers and Dana was really unhappy with him. It was a very convenient time to pull off one of the all-time great comebacks.

Sonnen DOMINATED the fight. I mean that Silva was on his back for the entire fight and he locks in a triangle out of nowhere to win it. And for an experienced fighter like Sonnen, it was a grade school mistake.

It just seems a bit fishy. Silva's last two fights were total stinkers and Dana was really unhappy with him. It was a very convenient time to pull off one of the all-time great comebacks.

Sonnen was asking for it. You cant give Silva wrist control in full guard with his hips clear. Sonnen got away with it most of the fight but near the end of 5 rounds you dont react nearly as quick as you did the prior rounds. This loss will eat away at him the rest if his life. Silva did act the way he was supposed to after being handed a gift. He knew he was meat and acted very humble afterwards.

Sonnen was asking for it. You cant give Silva wrist control in full guard with his hips clear. Sonnen got away with it most of the fight but near the end of 5 rounds you dont react nearly as quick as you did the prior rounds. This loss will eat away at him the rest if his life. Silva did act the way he was supposed to after being handed a gift. He knew he was meat and acted very humble afterwards.

Just saying.

Couldn't have worked out any better for the UFC.

You are a double posting machine!

I dunno what it is. I was deleting the second posts, but i just get tired of fighting it. :P

I remember the Royce Gracie/Dan Severn fight. Dan kept his big ### on top of Gracie the whole fight and Gracie just rode it out. Then out of nowhere Severn was tapping. Gracie was awesome at that.

But that's back when everyone fought everyone and Severn weighed 250+ and Gracie was his normal 180. I miss those fights.

I dunno what it is. I was deleting the second posts, but i just get tired of fighting it. :P

I remember the Royce Gracie/Dan Severn fight. Dan kept his big ### on top of Gracie the whole fight and Gracie just rode it out. Then out of nowhere Severn was tapping. Gracie was awesome at that.

But that's back when everyone fought everyone and Severn weighed 250+ and Gracie was his normal 180. I miss those fights.

Gracies dominance began to wane after his hail mary against Severn because the blueprint was laid on how to beat him. Same thing could happen here. Sonnen is a good wrestler but not great. A great wrestler should be able to dominate Silva in the near future.

Gracies dominance began to wane after his hail mary against Severn because the blueprint was laid on how to beat him. Same thing could happen here. Sonnen is a good wrestler but not great. A great wrestler should be able to dominate Silva in the near future.

I don't know about dominate now. You act like Silva is some average fighter. Silva needs to start training with wrestlers. Someone like Rashad Evans would be great for him.

That's what everyone always says about Anderson, feed him a great wrestler and he's meat. Dan Henderson did lay and pray on him for the entire first round, second round, Silva chokes the life out of him.

Chael Sonnen didn't lay and pray, but is a very good wrestler. He was on top all night, Anderson exposed his one weakness and exploited it. All the while having busted up ribs before the fight and going against doctor's orders. On the feet, Anderson hit Chael a few times and wobbled him. If you watched the press conference afterward, you'd have heard much the same from Chael. Anderson did what he had to do.

There's a reason that Anderson has the belt, because any weakness, no matter how small, he finds it and exploits it. Chael sticks his neck in while in top control while not checking the hips. That's a problem when you're fighting a BJJ black belt. They're going to try to exploit that every time because it's there. Anderson knew he'd be on his back. He took advantage of the mistake, and it wouldn't matter if it were the first round or with 1 second left. He got the W. I want to see him fight Belfort next. Ever see the Sonnen Filho fight? The first one... It's a carbon copy of this except Filho did it earlier in the fight. Sonnen hasn't found a submission he didn't like to stick his neck in.

To suggest it was fixed is hardly the case. Chael wouldn't fix a fight, just don't think he has it in him. Why would you try to beat the guy to death, talk trash for 7 months about how you're going to beat a hole in his face, how Lance Armstrong cause himself to have cancer, and rip on pretty much anyone you can think of to go in and fix a fight? Come on now.... The better man won tonight, Chael said so himself. He also said he'd fight him at the press conference if Dana would move and they'd sanction it. He said he'd go up to 205 and fight the champ there if they'd let him or he'd cut weight and fight Jose Aldo. He wants to win a belt. He's come in second in everything he's ever fought for and he's hungry. I don't like the way he promoted the fight and I don't like Anderson, but it wasn't fixed. It's not EliteXC, this is the premier MMA organization in the world.

Edited by popcornplaya

He's not a great wrestler?

A 2-time D1 national champion that was also an alternate for the olympic wrestling team is not "great"?

LOL

Okay.

That was an ignorant comment.

In the near future? Did you watch the fight? Silva was dominated all night long.

He didn't even have the triangle in all the way. Sonnen did not tap out and I'm not even a fan of his. The ref stopped that match way to quickly. **** even Silva was pushing his hand away because he knew that Chael wasn't tapping out.

So a verbal and physical tap out isn't a tap out? You're kidding right? He tapped just like he did to Filho, Maia (again verbal and physical), and Jeremy Horn (twice). He fought a good fight, but he made his characteristic mistake of sticking his neck in there (like he's always done and was discussed by lots of notable analysts). You only stick your neck in so many times before a BJJ blackbelt exploits it. He didn't control Anderson's hips and he stuck his neck in there. With a world class BJJ guy, that spells disaster.

You'd also know he tapped if you'd watched the press conference afterward. I'm betting you didn't.

Edited by popcornplaya

He didn't even have the triangle in all the way. Sonnen did not tap out and I'm not even a fan of his. The ref stopped that match way to quickly. **** even Silva was pushing his hand away because he knew that Chael wasn't tapping out.

Are you serious? It was obvious Sonnen tapped. You would have to be blind to not see it