Newt gets schooled in history by a graduate student over the "Ground Zero Mosque". This is just pathetic.

Newt is a historian by training and someone I have long regarded as a legitimate academic. However, his recent fear-mongering over the "Ground Zero Mosque" (which is neither at Ground Zero NOR a mosque) has taken him into the realm of demagogue and seriously undermined his academic credentials.

Read a graduate student destroy Newt's fear-mongering over the Cordoba center:

http://gotmedieval.blogspot.com/2010/08/professor-newts-distorted-history.html

Good luck building that Mosque with NYC Contractors. Local 1 Pipefitter Contractors wont touch it with a mile long pole as well as other union building trade contractors and non union contractors will get their beaks bashed in if they try. This is long from over.

Good luck building that Mosque with NYC Contractors. Local 1 Pipefitter Contractors wont touch it with a mile long pole as well as other union building trade contractors and non union contractors will get their beaks bashed in if they try. This is long from over.

Money talks someone will build it.

I haven't heard one legitimate reason that it shouldn't be built. Nothing but bigotry from those who don't like anything except white Murikan Christians and bed wetters who think the entire Islamic following is part of a giant conspiracy to sneak into your house at night to take your bacon and freedom.

I haven't heard one legitimate reason that it shouldn't be built. Nothing but bigotry from those who don't like anything except white Murikan Christians and bed wetters who think the entire Islamic following is part of a giant conspiracy to sneak into your house at night to take your bacon and freedom.

Bring on the people who said we should build a church by Mecca.

Bring on the people who said we should build a church by Mecca.

What would be the problem? I`m sure if there were some kind of "Christian" conspiracy leading to planes landing into Mecca, Saudi Arabia would have no problem allowing a mega church being built 2 blocks away. I`m sure there would be a few Islamic radicalists who would spread fear that the Murican Zionists were coming, but the vast majority of the peace loving Islamists would welcome the Church with open arms.

They probably would be even more inclusive if it were a church that performed gay marriages. Islam...it conjures up images of the hippie peace movement.

saudi arabia wont allow it.

Now you will get negs and someone will say you proved their point.

It makes no sense to not allow it. Yeah you can be against it, but America is founded on equal rights. If they said no, it would be going against everything we have said and are fighting for.

Nobody is taking my bacon. NOBODY!!!

Actually, the familes that lost people at the WTC are hardly "white murikan Christians." Ignorance on your part.

That said, I do think it should be allowed to be built.

As a muslim I oppose to this idea of building a mosque there, your really just looking for trouble and even more hatred from white America. As I'm saying this why doesn't the state just build something that has to do with a memorial there?

What is this bull**** with "white america" nonsense?

Actually, the familes that lost people at the WTC are hardly "white murikan Christians." Ignorance on your part.

That said, I do think it should be allowed to be built.

I didn't know the families of those lost in 9/11 were the ones in the forefront of the campaign against this.

I also don't see how the two cannot be related. White America isn't just white people in America, but the people who throw around their race as an identifier. The type that talk about "white culture", taking back "our" country, etc. Basically, those who see it as an "us" vs "them" fight.

I didn't know the families of those lost in 9/11 were the ones in the forefront of the campaign against this.

I also don't see how the two cannot be related. White America isn't just white people in America, but the people who throw around their race as an identifier. The type that talk about "white culture", taking back "our" country, etc. Basically, those who see it as an "us" vs "them" fight.

Many of the families actually support the Cordoba center.

I find it hilarious how the people who complained about muslims not speaking out against the attacks are up in arms over a group who has spoken against islamic extremism for years building a center designed to promote moderate islam. They want muslims to denounce the attacks and then complain when muslims take real actions to denounce the attacks.

Edited by AcworthFalcFan

Many of the families actually support the Cordoba center.

I find it hilarious how the people who complained about muslims not speaking out against the attacks are up in arms over a group who has spoken against islamic extremism for years building a center designed to promote moderate islam. They want muslims to denounce the attacks and then complain when muslims take real actions to denounce the attacks.

And many of the families don't support the religious center.

What would be the problem? I`m sure if there were some kind of "Christian" conspiracy leading to planes landing into Mecca, Saudi Arabia would have no problem allowing a mega church being built 2 blocks away. I`m sure there would be a few Islamic radicalists who would spread fear that the Murican Zionists were coming, but the vast majority of the peace loving Islamists would welcome the Church with open arms.

They probably would be even more inclusive if it were a church that performed gay marriages. Islam...it conjures up images of the hippie peace movement.

I agree with your point that no one should be or will be forced to work on the building. However what any other country would allow shouldn't matter b/c we hold ourselves to a different standard then anyone else. In America we allow religous freedom and the right to peacefully assemble however no way can we force anyone to help build.

I don't think the government can stop them but i also do not believe it should be built there. However we shouldn't ignore the fact that the people who want to build at ground zero are Americans and do have the right to religous freedom and to peacefully assemble.

i remember when i had to testify in court and putting my hand on the koran and swearing not to lie.

at least 50% of the people that put their hand on the bible and promise to tell the truth are lying. That's why I just do what the bible teaches. Don't swear by anything and let your yes be yes and no mean no.

James5:12 Above all, my brothers, do not swear--not by heaven or by earth or by anything else. Let your "Yes" be yes, and your "No," no, or you will be condemned. NIV.

And I am amused at any court thinking someone who raped and murdered someone is gonna worry about lying about it. :lol:

at least 50% of the people that put their hand on the bible and promise to tell the truth are lying. That's why I just do what the bible teaches. Don't swear by anything and let your yes be yes and no mean no.

James5:12 Above all, my brothers, do not swear--not by heaven or by earth or by anything else. Let your "Yes" be yes, and your "No," no, or you will be condemned. NIV.

And I am amused at any court thinking someone who raped and murdered someone is gonna worry about lying about it. :lol:

I find it amusing as well. Seems to be a pointless custom that serves no purpose.

Mr. Murdering Child Rapist, do you swear to truth and nothing but the truth so help you God?

God: Don't look at me.