Gator fans who were the "selfish cats" Chris Rainey referred to?

SacFalcFan

I also think Haden might be another. Alot of people have said that in the 2nd half of the season he was more about protecting his NFL stock than anything else.

that happens more often than people want to believe regarding guys who are believe they have a big paycheck coming up. it stinks because it affects their current team.

Well, you guys had a great class come in so they will be missed but you already have replacements.

There isn't a freshman on our roster who could step in and replace Haden and Dunlap this year. It's going to take the combined efforts of a mix of guys, and even combined they still won't be as good as those two guys. It'll take a year or two before they're at that level.

Reading GB a while back after the Bama loss, no one exposed names, but everything pointed to Dunlap and Haden. Out of the team interviews, they were pretty much summed up by Tebow and Spikes trying to hold the team together through the lockerroom seperation during the season. Some more worried about the money vs. the heritage.

There isn't a freshman on our roster who could step in and replace Haden and Dunlap this year. It's going to take the combined efforts of a mix of guys, and even combined they still won't be as good as those two guys. It'll take a year or two before they're at that level.

Powell could come in and help not immediately but by the GA game he will be in form.

This is not surprising and I really can't say that I would blame Dunlap and/or Haden. We all knew they were going to cash in big time when the NFL came calling. They have too much to lose while playing college ball.

I'm not saying that this is the right way for a high profile college kid to about his business, but this happens with all college teams who have a sure first rounder.

Lets be honest, I kind of noticed the same thing in the 08 season with Moreno. He took too many plays off and was constantly pulling himself out of games. The 09 UGA teams made some comments about no longer having any superstars, you might remember.

It's not right, but I understand.

This is not surprising and I really can't say that I would blame Dunlap and/or Haden. We all knew they were going to cash in big time when the NFL came calling. They have too much to lose while playing college ball.

I'm not saying that this is the right way for a high profile college kid to about his business, but this happens with all college teams who have a sure first rounder.

Lets be honest, I kind of noticed the same thing in the 08 season with Moreno. He took too many plays off and was constantly pulling himself out of games. The 09 UGA teams made some comments about no longer having any superstars, you might remember.

It's not right, but I understand.

Glad a Georgia fan finally said something about that. I was pointing that out his entire last season but Georgia fans kept making excuses about how he ran so hard on every play that he was tired so much.:rolleyes:

Dude was protecting his NFL draft stock. Is it smart? Absolutely it is, especially if you're a guaranteed 1st round pick, but nobody can respect that.

Glad a Georgia fan finally said something about that. I was pointing that out his entire last season but Georgia fans kept making excuses about how he ran so hard on every play that he was tired so much.:rolleyes:

Dude was protecting his NFL draft stock. Is it smart? Absolutely it is, especially if you're a guaranteed 1st round pick, but nobody can respect that.

Well it is the truth, I have no problem stating the truth even if it concerns my team. We can all be honest, this happens to all major programs that produce first round talent. Or course there's exceptions, I believe there's plenty of first round players out there who leave it all on the field for their respective schools.

Can you really blame a college ball player for protecting himself to ensure first round NFL money, especially with the kind of money the NFL throws out to guys who have not played one down in the NFL. This will keep hapenning unless the NFL changes the draft rules. Baseball guys can cash in straight out of high school or after any of his College years. NBA now only requires 1 year removed from high school. The most violent sport requires you to be 3 years removed from high school. That's why I will never personally blame a college football player for protecting his NFL stock, especially when they stand to lose millions of dollars.

I don't like it, but I completely understand the position.