now that we beat ourselves 17-14, a look ahead

we have tossed around the idea many times of aquireing glenn dorsey. they are in need of a #2 WR with chris chambers reportedly looking to have declined dramatically. they are working diligently on catching the ball and are signing and waiving players left and right. they are paper thin at TE and WR.

i saw jenkins on the sideline and he looked fine. he was moving around and using both arms as if nothing had happened at todays mock game.

i would trade jenkins and anderson for dorsey and a 2011 conditional 4th rd pick as of right now. it would be interesting to see how the game goes because our players have a chance to impress todd haley and company and if there was ever a chance to pry dorsey away, it may never be better than next friday.

we have tossed around the idea many times of aquireing glenn dorsey. they are in need of a #2 WR with chris chambers reportedly looking to have declined dramatically. they are working diligently on catching the ball and are signing and waiving players left and right. they are paper thin at TE and WR.

i saw jenkins on the sideline and he looked fine. he was moving around and using both arms as if nothing had happened at todays mock game.

i would trade jenkins and anderson for dorsey and a 2011 conditional 4th rd pick as of right now. it would be interesting to see how the game goes because our players have a chance to impress todd haley and company and if there was ever a chance to pry dorsey away, it may never be better than next friday.

WE ARE FINE AT DT !!!! You guys can hate on Jenks all you want hes are best #2 option at Wr as it stands today now at the end of the season that may change. Cut the guy some slack

I'm not sure we are going to throw new players into a new system.I think the idea is to keep guys like JA98 and M.Jenkins as they are familiar and are important supporting pieces to our offense and defense.I also agree if we were going to go after Dorsey in a trade scenario we would have done it already and theres not really a chance going into TC or after that this move will ever be done.

Edited by kiwifalcon

So, you got anything to suggest this is anything but your own idea? You know, maybe a link to an ESPN rumors article or something from Rotoworld or KFFL?

And according to you, Jenkins is a horrible wide receiver, why would KC trade for him?

While I certainly don't understand the continued infatuation with Dorsey, you could also

say Chris Houston is a horrible CB, why did Detroit trade for him? :lol:

While I certainly don't understand the continued infatuation with Dorsey, you could also

say Chris Houston is a horrible CB, why did Detroit trade for him? :lol:

thank you. same reason we traded for tye hill last year at the END OF PRE-SEASON!!!

they are hurting at WR and we are busting at the seams. truth be told we dont NEED a DT as much as we need a LDE, but JA98 will probably play more DT than DE as this season progresses and if he is a DT then i would rather have dorsey at DT than anderson. i want to see dimitroff start stock piling draft picks in the pre-season like the patriots and now that he has stock piled enough talent to do so, its time to start dealing our excess for picks which many have said is the life blood of a great organization. that is something i agree with. does anyone ever notice that the patriots have 3 or 4 picks in the 2nd rd and sometimes(2011) two picks in rd 1? this is why. we are there guys. TD can do the same thing here as long as they trust in the young talent. i believe they will, they were smart enough to see who to bring to camp.

So laughable. One thread you can't say enough how bad "Stinkins" sucks, and the next thread you think a scrub like that could get us someone who you obviously don't think sucks. (but in reality, he hasn't set the world on fire, either. I am so glad we didn't draft him - even though I was clamoring for him and Flacco @ the time.)

So laughable. One thread you can't say enough how bad "Stinkins" sucks, and the next thread you think a scrub like that could get us someone who you obviously don't think sucks. (but in reality, he hasn't set the world on fire, either. I am so glad we didn't draft him - even though I was clamoring for him and Flacco @ the time.)

stinkins does suck. i;ve been saying that for years. he can still be traded though. read up on the chiefs and you will find a team in disarray looking anywhere for an answer. it is well documented that dorsey has actually performed admirably despite being in a bad situation. he would explode in our scheme. jerry is not all the way back yet but i believe he will be back. peters has been very good, but i would jump at the opportunity to get dorsey here.

1-abraham, sidbury

2-dorsey, jerry, walker

3-babinaux, peters

4-biermann, davis

that is a good rotation and affords jerry all the time he needs to return. next year babinaux could be on the block to make room for jerry in the starting line up at a more natural fit. dorsey is a better fit at RDT.

TD is building a team through the draft and in the past 2 years he has drafted. Jerry in the 1st and Peters in the 3rd.Do you think he will make a trade for another DT. I don't think so. I would like to see 1 more stud WR on this team but at this of year, I think he is happy with our WR...

thank you. same reason we traded for tye hill last year at the END OF PRE-SEASON!!!

they are hurting at WR and we are busting at the seams. truth be told we dont NEED a DT as much as we need a LDE, but JA98 will probably play more DT than DE as this season progresses and if he is a DT then i would rather have dorsey at DT than anderson. i want to see dimitroff start stock piling draft picks in the pre-season like the patriots and now that he has stock piled enough talent to do so, its time to start dealing our excess for picks which many have said is the life blood of a great organization. that is something i agree with. does anyone ever notice that the patriots have 3 or 4 picks in the 2nd rd and sometimes(2011) two picks in rd 1? this is why. we are there guys. TD can do the same thing here as long as they trust in the young talent. i believe they will, they were smart enough to see who to bring to camp.

The houston and Hill trades were for late round draft picks, not the same as trading for a first rounder.

So, is there anybody who gets paid to discuss the NFL talking about trading Dorsey to the Falcons? Not a bleacher report article, not one of the many threads on the messageboard, but some pro writer?

falconidae: what difference does it make if a paid writer is talking about the idea? Do they have to talk about the idea for it to be allowed or a possibility? I wasn't aware of that.

However, as this is a message board and anyone can discuss the possibility of it happening, pro writer article or not, I don't want the trade to happen, I'm not a big fan of Jenkins, but we already have better DTs than Dorsey, and even JA98 could possibly be better than we think this year.

So, is there anybody who gets paid to discuss the NFL talking about trading Dorsey to the Falcons? Not a bleacher report article, not one of the many threads on the messageboard, but some pro writer?

yes but that are written by a ghost that never lies, but only i can see or hear them.

hypothetically, if the chiefs called you and asked for anderson and jenkins in exchange for dorsey and a 4th rd pick you would say...."**** no that is unrealistic"?

Edited by millenium falcon

yes but that are written by a ghost that never lies, but only i can see or hear them.

hypothetically, if the chiefs called you and asked for anderson and jenkins in exchange for dorsey and a 4th rd pick you would say...."**** no that is unrealistic"?

Yeah, at this point, I think I would pass. TD is doing well w/his draft picks, but let's give them some time to develop. Trade 98/12 after this season if they don't produce. I think that's one area where the FO could improve anyway - trading and free agency. I'm not trying to be pessimistic, but I'm not 100% sure this is the year we're going to make a run for it all. There's no reason why not... I guess it's just the old Falcon fan in me. If we had gone 11-5 or even 10-6 last year, maybe I would think the team is more "poised" for that. At this point, I'm just not positive. I think we'll make the playoffs, but from there it's a crapshoot.

As a fan, I can understand how one might be a little worried about the DT position with Peria coming back from an ACL tear and having a rookie DT in Peters.

With that being said, we're not making a move for a DT unless one of our current DT's goes down with an injury.

We had our chance at John Henderson, and we passed on him.

Considering he was once apart of a Mike Smith defense, I believe that speaks volumes about the confidence we have in our current group of guys.