SERIOUS QUESTION

ATLballer

we'll keep as many as we need. I'am sure of that, although they have a right to change their minds if they see fit. Not up to me so I can't give you a strait answer, mostly

because I don't know, but if I find out you'll be the first to know unless you find out first :wacko:

In 08 it was 5CBs Foxworth, Grimes, Houston,C Jackson, Sharpe (aty the end)

and 5 safeties Milloy, Fudge, Brock, Coleman, DeCoud (at the end)

In 09 it was 6 CBs Williams, Grimes, Houston, Owens, Hill (at the end)

and only 4 Safeties Coleman, PePrah, DeCoud, Brock (at the end)

So both years they have kept 10 DBs on the 53 man roster.

08 5/5

09 6/4

Just a WAG for 10

6CBs, Robinson, Williams, Grimes, Owens, C Jackson, Franks

4 Safeties, DeCoud Moore, Coleman,

then the winner between Giordano and Schillinger or put Schillinger on the PS

Edited by delaigle

yes expect 10 in the secondary and 5/5 is most likely.

1-robinson

2-owens

3-grimes

4-franks

5-williams or jackson

1-decoud

2-coleman

3-moore

4-shillinger

5-giordano or bush

1-4 at CB and S is set barring injury and #5 at both has two guys with a legit shot. we have fantastic depth and barring injury, we have our secondary already in camp. we will not be looking to upgrade at the end of pre season like in years past as long as we stay healthy. giordano has edge at 5th safety based on experience and bush could be on PS unless claimed elsewhere. williams will be the 5th CB unless not fully healed. if he is back to 100% and physically able to perform, jackson who offers nothing on ST's could be a trade possibility like foxworth and hill.

One thing to consider in this discussion is Williams being used as a swing player, switching between corner and safety.

He did some of this at Jax, plus he knows the system pretty well. Considering speed isn't his strongest suit, as a safety he could keep the play in front of him.

Therefore, a total of 10 DBs would probably have 6 at corner and 4 at safety, with Williams as one of the six corners kept.

My guess would be:

CB - Robinson

CB - Owens

CB - Jackson

CB - Grimes

CB - Franks

CB/S - Williams

S - DeCoud

S - Moore

S - Coleman

S - Giordano/Schillinger (<- Whomever wins the job in camp)

1-robinson

2-owens

3-grimes

4-franks

5-williams or jackson

1-decoud

2-coleman

3-moore

4-shillinger

5-giordano or bush

1-4 at CB and S is set barring injury and #5 at both has two guys with a legit shot. we have fantastic depth and barring injury, we have our secondary already in camp. we will not be looking to upgrade at the end of pre season like in years past as long as we stay healthy. giordano has edge at 5th safety based on experience and bush could be on PS unless claimed elsewhere. williams will be the 5th CB unless not fully healed. if he is back to 100% and physically able to perform, jackson who offers nothing on ST's could be a trade possibility like foxworth and hill.

Good post, you saved me some writing. This is exactly how I see it.

One thing to consider in this discussion is Williams being used as a swing player, switching between corner and safety.

He did some of this at Jax, plus he knows the system pretty well. Considering speed isn't his strongest suit, as a safety he could keep the play in front of him.

Therefore, a total of 10 DBs would probably have 6 at corner and 4 at safety, with Williams as one of the six corners kept.

My guess would be:

CB - Robinson

CB - Owens

CB - Jackson

CB - Grimes

CB - Franks

CB/S - Williams

S - DeCoud

S - Moore

S - Coleman

S - Giordano/Schillinger (<- Whomever wins the job in camp)

I don't think Williams is enough to play Safety this year, we are good!!!

In 09 it was 6 CBs Williams, Grimes, Houston, Owens, Hill (at the end)

and only 4 Safeties Coleman, PePrah, DeCoud, Brock (at the end)

We had 5 DBs finish the season in both years, not 6...there's even 5 in your list.

This year, however, I believe we'll keep 6. We need some insurance in case injuries begin to hit us in the secondary again...we now have the depth to sustain if that were to happen. So, it'll be Robinson, Grimes, Owens, Williams, Jackson, and Franks. As for the safeties, I think we'll keep 4 and release Giordano, so it'll be Coleman, DeCoud, Moore, and Schillinger.

We had 5 DBs finish the season in both years, not 6...there's even 5 in your list.

This year, however, I believe we'll keep 6. We need some insurance in case injuries begin to hit us in the secondary again...we now have the depth to sustain if that were to happen. So, it'll be Robinson, Grimes, Owens, Williams, Jackson, and Franks. As for the safeties, I think we'll keep 4 and release Giordano, so it'll be Coleman, DeCoud, Moore, and Schillinger.

NO It's just because I goofed and left C. Jackson off of the CB list but he was 1 of 6 CBs all of 09. Of course Williams went on IR week 7(?) and Houston went on Ir week 17. So I guess you could say they had 6 week 1-6 and 5 week 7-16 and 4 week 17.

Edited by delaigle

1-robinson

2-owens

3-grimes

4-franks

5-williams or jackson

1-decoud

2-coleman

3-moore

4-shillinger

5-giordano or bush

Yep :)