Mock game at camp today

Tandy

I don't think it's a good thing jenkins is out, but it will give Meier and the others solid reps today

Yea Jenkins needs to be out there with Ryan trying to get their timing right. I think he fills his role pretty good, but he has a propensity to drop balls at the most inopportune time. It's not how many times he drops the ball as much as when he drops them.

The silver lining in this cloud is that the depth guys will get more snaps and only make them and the team better in the long run.

We do need jerkins this year despite what many of you think... Who are we gonna replace him with? We need Harry Douglas in the slot, and finneran is a suitable 3rd or 4th option but not a solid number 2. Then we have Meier who many of you think was our best pick in the draft, but he is gonna take a few years to perfect his route running and other aspects of his game bc he's not just gonna jump in there and be successful with his speed.

Funny how nobody was wishing ill of Jenkins after Matt Ryan's first pass, or at the end of the Chicago game.

It's preseason. Let the guy get his timing and reps and into a game before we write him off. I think he has a skill set we need, personally.

OOOH! A whopping 2 times out of what? 6 seasons? :wacko: :rolleyes:

Jenkins was out there. He didn't take part in any plays. But he didn't look messed up, his shoulder wasn't wrapped or iced or anything like that.

Peria Jerry had a brace on his knee but participated in stretching and warm-ups.

Dunta Robinson was out there throwing the ball around but he didn't do any running at all that I saw. He looked fine, no brace, no wraps, no limp, but no participation either. He did have a good 1 handed grab just tossing it on the sideline though.

Overall, it was a very light day for most of the players. The mock game was ok, it was touch, Red vs White, and the starters only did a few series.

P.S. This was my first time out to Flowery Branch. Awesome facility. Awesome field. If you haven't made it out, you should.

We do need jerkins this year despite what many of you think... Who are we gonna replace him with? We need Harry Douglas in the slot, and finneran is a suitable 3rd or 4th option but not a solid number 2. Then we have Meier who many of you think was our best pick in the draft, but he is gonna take a few years to perfect his route running and other aspects of his game bc he's not just gonna jump in there and be successful with his speed.

People who think have the Packers or Cards of last year WR esc. depth are fooling themselves Jenkins plays his role and we wont be tradin him...we only signed him to an extension last year if Smith didn't like him he would have been a FA