Nice training camp videos

Jenkins need to be kicked off this team. That was inexcusable.

Other observations:

@20 seconds: Ryan still throwing off his back foot. Come on man, you should know better by now.

@30 seconds: Who is that idiot that cant run a tip-toe drill without the coach pushing him???? Get whoever that is out of here.

Lol I was laughing at the guy who couldn't tip toe. I was just hoping it was White goofing around but Idk if it was him or not.

Lol I was laughing at the guy who couldn't tip toe. I was just hoping it was White goofing around but Idk if it was him or not.

I just find it hard to understand that someone on this accepted to be on this team cant do something simple as that. And to add insult, having a coach push you through it like that. That is just inexcusable.

I could back-pedal that drill with no problem. But we have a player on this team that clowned himself like that on a kiddie-drill? Inexcusable. Get rid of whoever that is.

Jenkins need to be kicked off this team. That was inexcusable.

Other observations:

@20 seconds: Ryan still throwing off his back foot. Come on man, you should know better by now.

@30 seconds: Who is that idiot that cant run a tip-toe drill without the coach pushing him???? Get whoever that is out of here.

Response to "@20 seconds":

You don't know what you're talking about. He isn't "throwing off his back foot". First of all, when rolling out to your left as a right-handed QB, you have to get your shoulders and hips around so that you're square to your target. That is what Matt initially does. Then, he is rising up on his toes to elevate himself so that he can make a more accurate pass. It's practice, so it may be a little bit more exaggerated than usual so that it comes more natural while playing. It is not uncommon for QB's to warm up and raise up on their toes in the process of throwing. This is done so that their ball is going downward with a tight spiral, as opposed to moving upward while flailing around in the air like a wounded duck.

There's nothing wrong with what he's doing.

Secondly, even if there was, that may be the point. As a QB, you will be put in positions in which you have to make an unorthodox pass attempt. It is important to practice even the unorthodox things, whether it be throwing off balance or throwing the ball from awkward arm angles.

@30 seconds:

I'm about 99% sure that's Roddy White. You're right---we should "get him out of here".

Dude is awful!

:wacko:

Edited by BlazerFalcon

Response to "@20 seconds":

You don't know what you're talking about. He isn't "throwing off his back foot". He is rising up on his toes to elevate himself so that he can make a more accurate pass. It's practice, so it may be a little bit more exaggerated than usual so that it comes more natural while playing. It is not uncommon for QB's to warm up and raise up on their toes in the process of throwing. This is done so that their ball is going downward with a tight spiral, as opposed to moving upward while flailing around in the air like a wounded duck.

@30 seconds:

I'm about 99% sure that's Roddy White. You're right---we should "get him out of here".

Dude is awful!

:wacko:

When you throw a pass, you SET BOTH FEET before throwing. That has always been Ryan's problem - he tends to throw off his back foot too much (hence the high INTs in case you havent checked statistics lately).

and your 2nd response - if that was Roddy White then I can let that pass as being some kind of training camp joke. But if that was anyone other than Roddy then they need to be reprimanded.

When you throw a pass, you SET BOTH FEET before throwing. That has always been Ryan's problem - he tends to throw off his back foot too much (hence the high INTs in case you havent checked statistics lately).

and your 2nd response - if that was Roddy White then I can let that pass as being some kind of training camp joke. But if that was anyone other than Roddy then they need to be reprimanded.

You set both feet when you can set both feet.

Matt was doing a drill in which he was rolling out to his left and throwing away from his body---this is extremely difficult for right-handed QB's.

In order for him to properly set his feet on a rollout to the left, he would have to turn his entire body around, which, more than likely, would result in sack, fumble, INT, or injury (note that none of these are good things).

That's why QB's are taught to get their hips and shoulders around to deliver a pass while rolling out. By squaring the hips/shoulders, it partially compensates for the QB's inability (and this inability stems from a lack of time) to PROPERLY set his feet and deliver a throw.

Edited by BlazerFalcon

You set both feet when you can set both feet.

Matt was doing a drill in which he was rolling out to his left and throwing away from his body---this is extremely difficult for right-handed QB's.

In order for him to properly set his feet on a rollout to the left, he would have to turn his entire body around, which, more than likely, would result in sack, fumble, INT, or injury (note that none of these are good things).

That's why QB's are taught to get their hips and shoulders around to deliver a pass while rolling out. By squaring the hips/shoulders, it partially compensates for the QB's inability (and this inability stems from a lack of time) to PROPERLY set his feet and deliver a throw.

Ryan does not have the arm to throw a pass like that, so why would they give him a drill to do that. I watched the video several times. Ryan could have easily set his left foot down and planted before throwing that pass. The way he threw that, from his own end-zone is the same kind of throw that would be Intercepted during a real game.

Basically, that play should never happen when you are backed up in your own end-zone. You design 2-step drop plays that get the ball out of your hand quickly. That drill doesnt make any sense, unless Mularkey is a more-ron. There is no way a play like that gets called when the offense is backed up that far to the goal post.

Ryan does not have the arm to throw a pass like that, so why would they give him a drill to do that. I watched the video several times. Ryan could have easily set his left foot down and planted before throwing that pass. The way he threw that, from his own end-zone is the same kind of throw that would be Intercepted during a real game.

The point of practice is to simulate in-game situations so that you (and the team) are prepared for those situations when they arise in the heat of battle.

Again, this goes back to when I said it is important to practice the unorthodox stuff as well. Every play you run in a game is not going to go perfectly, so the player has to adapt in milliseconds in order to have a successful play, or to simply avoid disaster.

Ryan was simply practicing a specific situation at half-speed, so it's pointless to say that that particular pass would be "intercepted during a real game" due to "the way he threw that".

Edited by BlazerFalcon

The point of practice is to simulate in-game situations so that you (and the team) are prepared for those situations when they arise in the heat of battle.

Again, this goes back to when I said it is important to practice the unorthodox stuff as well. Every play you run in a game is not going to go perfectly, so the player has to adapt in milliseconds in order to have a successful play, or to simply avoid disaster.

Ryan was simply practicing a specific situation at half-speed, so it's pointless to say that that particular pass would be "intercepted during a real game" due to "the way he threw that".

The mechanics of the throw were all wrong. His body was off-balance, and he was doing that from his own end-zone. You cannot do that, no matter the situation. That is an INT returned for a TD waiting to happen.

Basically, that play should never happen when you are backed up in your own end-zone. You design 2-step drop plays that get the ball out of your hand quickly. That drill doesnt make any sense, unless Mularkey is a more-ron. There is no way a play like that gets called when the offense is backed up that far to the goal post.

you are so insightful... thank you.. i always wondered why they would run a drill like that in the endzone... :rolleyes: you my friend are ignorant, trying to start a battle with someone via internet, and lastly just plain stupid ;)

you are so insightful... thank you.. i always wondered why they would run a drill like that in the endzone... :rolleyes: you my friend are ignorant, trying to start a battle with someone via internet, and lastly just plain stupid ;)

Wasnt talking to you. This was an "A-B" conversation with someone else. So basically - shut up.

You NEVER throw off your back foot like that from your own end-zone. Yea, you can try that from mid-field, but you dont do that from your own end-zone. That is what we call a "pick-6".

Dude,

I guarantee you that the placement on the field DID NOT MATTER TO THEM.

First of all, at that point in practice, the team was broken up into their respective units. QB's were together in the left corner of the endzone and D-Linemen were back at the edge of the right side of the endzone doing some swim moves. With that brain of yours, you've probably been scratching your head as to why the D-Line was practicing swim moves in the back of the endzone since the ball can't be snapped IN the endzone. LOL

Second of all, Ryan was taking a shotgun snap from his goalline. Does that happen often at all? No, not really. It pretty much just happens when time is running down in the game and the offense is losing on the scoreboard.

Thirdly, the QB unit is the smallest unit (in terms of the # of players) on the field. Therefore, they are trying to take up the least amount of space possible so that the other, larger units can have an ample amount of room on the field.

All three of these things reaffirm the FACT that the placement on the field had ZERO signifance to what they were doing.

I like how you're repping that yoda avatar, yet spewing insurmountable amounts of ignorance.

Edited by BlazerFalcon

Dude,

I guarantee you that the placement on the field DID NOT MATTER TO THEM.

First of all, at that point in practice, the team was broken up into their respective units. QB's were together in the left corner of the endzone and D-Linemen were back at the edge of the right side of the endzone doing some swim moves. With that brain of yours, you've probably been scratching your head as to why the D-Line was practicing swim moves in the back of the endzone since the ball can't be snapped IN the endzone. LOL

Second of all, Ryan was taking a shotgun snap from his goalline. Does that happen often at all? No, not really. It pretty much just happens when time is running down in the game and the offense is losing on the scoreboard.

Thirdly, the QB unit is the smallest unit (in terms of the # of players) on the field. Therefore, they are trying to take up the least amount of space possible so that the other, larger units can have an ample amount of room on the field.

All three of these things reaffirm the FACT that the placement on the field had ZERO signifance to what they were doing.

I like how you're repping that yoda avatar, yet spewing insurmountable amounts of ignorance.

If you can actually watch that video of Ryan, and tell me that he had proper mechanics throwing that pass he threw, then you are a total freaking more-ron. I dont care the situation, you do NOT throw a pass off the back foot like that. I dont care what the scenario is.

Falcon Jedi you should sign up for pro vs joes you seem to know all the answers, **** I bet you are better then mattyice. you seem to think so. you should try out as a undrafted free agent...

that was a nice route in the first vid for sure and the jenks drop was brutal, AND my god isnt flowery branch beautiful?!