Highlights: More than 12,000 show up for Friday Night Lights

atljbo

link

Here are some of the highlights:

* Running backs Antone Smith and Jason Snelling scored touchdowns for the offense, which could also pick up points for making consecutive first downs and hitting on plays of 20-yards or more.

* Wide receiver Michael Jenkins appeared to suffer a shoulder injury when he dropped a deep pass from Matt Ryan. He’d dropped another pass earlier.

* Safety William Moore, who playing sparingly as a rookie, showed his hitting prowess when he separated wide receiver Andy Strickland from the ball and caused a fumble.

* Also, reserve safety Matt Giordano appeared to injury his knee.

* Quarterbacks Ryan, Chris Redman and John Parker Wilson played with blue jerseys and were not allowed to be hit.

* Smith used the scrimmage to get a look at his kickers, Matt Bryant and Steven Hauschka. Before the scrimmage started, they both made all of their field goals from 33, 38, 43 and 48 yards. Bryant got his 48 yard field goal attempt off in 1.15 seconds and Hauschka got his off in 1.39 seconds. “We want to make sure we are getting it off in the prescribed time,” Smith said.

* John Abraham, Chauncey Davis and Corey Peters had sacks in the first half.

A couple of other things ive seen

Smith said he was impressed with safety William Moore.

link

Antone Smith, Kerry Meier, Andy Strickland & William Moore among standouts at Falcons scrimmage tonite. #aftc2010

Jenkins is going to lose his starting job. He is a great downfield blocker, but he just sucks as a primary WR.

He is one of the best blocking WRs in the league, but as a downfield threat, he isn't great at all.

I'd much rather have a great downfield threat, who is quite good at blocking at the WR position.

He is one of the best blocking WRs in the league, but as a downfield threat, he isn't great at all.

I'd much rather have a great downfield threat, who is quite good at blocking at the WR position.

Jenkins is probably the fastest WR on this team. But he plays SLOW. Real slow. He runs his routes slow, he cuts and makes breaks slow. All he has is straight-line speed, which is mostly useless in the NFL.

And he plays SHORT too. He is a tall, rangy guy but he plays way shorter than that. Smaller defenders have no problem defending him.

I think this is something that shouldn't be overlooked. He doesn't play big like the other big guys around the league, like Andre Johnson, Brandon Marshall, and even T.O.

I think this is something that shouldn't be overlooked. He doesn't play big like the other big guys around the league, like Andre Johnson, Brandon Marshall, and even T.O.

The thing is he isn't big, he's just tall. The other guys mentioned are tall and pretty thick. Jenkins is an inch taller than most of them but weighs 10-15 lbs less.

You'd think that if someone could block really well that they'd be able to get off the line but jenks just can't seem to do it. If he could just get a good release off the line and shorten up his long *** strides and then turn on the jets when out in the open he'd be good to go. As long as he held on to the ball.

He should be an redzone terror but he's not.

yea i was there, wish i could have stayed for the whole thing, i was soooooooooo worried because i had all my Cymbals in my suv, 4 grand worth... they were sticking out like a sore thumb too, 100s of ppl were walking by my Suv and there was no way to hide them, i finally said he77 kids we got to go, but i had fun while i was there, kids were way disappointed we had to leave, My Bands Studio is in Winder so i get to see Falcons all the time, they dont :( , our House is in Villa Rica, 120 miles away...

yea i was there, wish i could have stayed for the whole thing, i was soooooooooo worried because i had all my Cymbals in my suv, 4 grand worth... they were sticking out like a sore thumb too, 100s of ppl were walking by my Suv and there was no way to hide them, i finally said he77 kids we got to go, but i had fun while i was there, kids were way disappointed we had to leave, My Bands Studio is in Winder so i get to see Falcons all the time, they dont :( , our House is in Villa Rica, 120 miles away...

Then why did you even go? You had band instruments sticking out of your SUV, knowing they might get stolen, yet you parked anyway?

OK, so the truth comes out your a drummer. Well that's cool. B) It's a shame you couldn't have arranged it otherwise. At least you showed up. I am kicking myself because FNL is 5mi from me but I am coaching my sons 6yr old football team. It is what it is. There's always tomorrow for some. :D

i had to pick up my cymbals and peddles for a show tomorrow night, so i was in Winder at the studio... stopped by FNL on my way home.........and they were not HANGING outa the Suv lol, they were inside locked up, but still anyone who knows anything about Zildjian Cymbals knows it was big money and could have broke in ...

and yea Phatty, i thought you knew that i play drums .... http://www.myspace.com/shredsplace , figured my avatar would give it away lol... if you look close at my pics you will see me sporting my R White Jersey lol there is also audio and video up there of my playing...

Man, get you a black sheet or something and cover them puppies up. Out of sight, out of mind. Don't stress yourself. Or get your rear windows tinted. It's almost impossible to see in the back of my Suburban, even with a flashlight.

i had to pick up my cymbals and peddles for a show tomorrow night, so i was in Winder at the studio... stopped by FNL on my way home.........and they were not HANGING outa the Suv lol, they were inside locked up, but still anyone who knows anything about Zildjian Cymbals knows it was big money and could have broke in ...

and yea Phatty, i thought you knew that i play drums .... http://www.myspace.com/shredsplace , figured my avatar would give it away lol... if you look close at my pics you will see me sporting my R White Jersey lol there is also audio and video up there of my playing...

I love that UFO song, and you dang well did it justice! I like that little fill at the very end of the audio, but wish we coulda had the whole song. :) So, does your band have a chick singer or what? That didn't sound like a chick singing the lead, is only reason I'm asking. (Maybe it wasn't Bloodline.)

* Smith used the scrimmage to get a look at his kickers, Matt Bryant and Steven Hauschka. Before the scrimmage started, they both made all of their field goals from 33, 38, 43 and 48 yards. Bryant got his 48 yard field goal attempt off in 1.15 seconds and Hauschka got his off in 1.39 seconds. “We want to make sure we are getting it off in the prescribed time,” Smith said.

YES! Thank you GOD!!!!

"Wide receiver Michael Jenkins appeared to suffer a shoulder injury when he dropped a deep pass from Matt Ryan. He’d dropped another pass earlier."

bedwetter better watch out for delaingle. why does everyone point out that stinkins dropped two passes? why not point out how many every one else dropped?

Who else dropped passes? I wasn't there, so I don't know.