Post your "Ring of Honor" candidates

jonnyblooz

I'm not bothering posting this in trollville. After reading the arguments on the #56 being reissued, which 5 all time Falcons players do you feel should be the front runners for the ring of honor?

My picks in rough order (players still active in the NFL are not eligible yet in my list)

Gerald Riggs

Terrance Mathis

Scott Case

Deion Sanders (pains me to include, but I think he should be there)

Warrick Dunn

My criteria is not based on stats as much as the heart and soul they provided to the franchise. The names that invoke a period in Falcons history.

I'm not bothering posting this in trollville. After reading the arguments on the #56 being reissued, which 5 all time Falcons players do you feel should be the front runners for the ring of honor?

My picks in rough order (players still active in the NFL are not eligible yet in my list)

Gerald Riggs

Terrance Mathis

Scott Case

Deion Sanders (pains me to include, but I think he should be there)

Warrick Dunn

My criteria is not based on stats as much as the heart and soul they provided to the franchise. The names that invoke a period in Falcons history.

Scott Case fTW. That little ##### could and would HIT. With malice. :P

here's my order:

1. Deion Sanders - only because any NFL HOF'er simply must in it, and Deion WILL be an HOF'er very soon (next year probably). love em, hate em, but he INVENTED the term shutdown corner and is still one of the best punt returners ever. AND...he showed up, great on injury bug.

2. Gerald Riggs - the Best Falcon running back in history (that never went to prison).

3. Scott Case - for alone having the greatest hit of an on-the-field Streaker in Fulton County Stadium ever.

3. Warrick Dunn - maybe in a couple of years....there's too many "bad era" Falcons that deserve to be in first, if not else for simply giving it their all while playing for some of the WORST teams and managements (and ownerships) in history.