So China's got some new kick-*** missile!

Isosceles

link

between China and the U.S?

OR,

some everything goes world war battle with Russia, the U.S., and China all fighting each other?

How much "advantage" might the Chinese have because of a much larger army?

What countries would ally with the U.S? with China? with Russia?

Jerome

P.S. Of course I hope it never happens. So just speculate.

All out war would have to result in a cease-fire with a massive no go zone in the Pacific, or we start trading nukes. Once that happens, it is over.

Seriously though, my advice would be to take and hold either Argentina and work my way up or eastern Australia and go from there.

I doubt they'll lend us anymore money if we got to war with them, so we'll see some reverse Reagan strategy against us. With a democratic President and congress, I doubt we'd fight long anyway. And yeah, their land army dwarfs ours so that's not good.

Best just to leave China alone. It wasn't that long ago that we were helping them out.

They are buying up property and businesses anyway. Maybe they'll totally buy up Detroit and make it a habitable city again.

I doubt they'll lend us anymore money if we got to war with them, so we'll see some reverse Reagan strategy against us. With a democratic President and congress, I doubt we'd fight long anyway. And yeah, their land army dwarfs ours so that's not good.

Best just to leave China alone. It wasn't that long ago that we were helping them out.

They are buying up property and businesses anyway. Maybe they'll totally buy up Detroit and make it a habitable city again.

Land armies don't really matter when there is a massive ocean between you. There would be no war.

Land armies don't really matter when there is a massive ocean between you. There would be no war.

C'mon y'all. You all saw that movie, oh I forget the name. Ben Afleck was in a laughable role as the CIA agent. Pittsburgh got a-bombed. Anyway, one of the President's advisors speculated what would happen if the U.S. and Russia traded nukes.

But let's leave the nukes out!

What do you think would happen in a conventional war between the three (and whomever else decided to, umm, join?

achilles: thanks for that link. I find it extremely fascinating.

for some of you others that posted: if you really don't have anything to contribute to a topic, you should bypass it and just move on. Not trying to be mean or anything.

Joe

lol

C'mon y'all. You all saw that movie, oh I forget the name. Ben Afleck was in a laughable role as the CIA agent. Pittsburgh got a-bombed. Anyway, one of the President's advisors speculated what would happen if the U.S. and Russia traded nukes.

But let's leave the nukes out!

What do you think would happen in a conventional war between the three (and whomever else decided to, umm, join?

It was Baltimore that got nuked.

IF highly unlikely but IF china wanted to take over some day. russia would join whoever gives them the most consessions BUT there army is innefective and would matter little. they have a small land force and beleive nukes will protect them sufficiantly. so really they would not matter. China has a huge ground army but face it this war would be a naval battle mostly and the US navy is much stronger and more advanced than china's. nukes would not fly b/c both sides have the same ability to stop most missiles from hitting a target and this would lead to sides only hitting non tactical areas that have no protection. both sides have enough nukes to destroy the world multible times. the US borrows all its money from china so the chinese will not attack some one that owes them so much and pays them well.the only war that will break out is politacal in nature and is going on right now. china and russia team against the us on many fronts and when the chinese start raising the money value instead of keeping it low they believe they will be the most influential. every country not near china sides with us with exception of a few middle eastern country's. though the chinese technology is good they do not have the resources to build more than we can and still have quality. along with most other country's helping us, china would be crushed and be made to have a defensive army only. the chinese need better diplomacy to pose a real threat. they may can hold there own 1 on 1 barely but it would be the world VS china and we know how that goes.

That and we have a way bigger and better navy and air force than China. They really don't have that many ports to launch from, thus put a few attack subs off their coastline and start picking off targets.

link

between China and the U.S?

OR,

some everything goes world war battle with Russia, the U.S., and China all fighting each other?

How much "advantage" might the Chinese have because of a much larger army?

What countries would ally with the U.S? with China? with Russia?

Jerome

P.S. Of course I hope it never happens. So just speculate.

We'll the cr-ap going on with N.Korea right now , we might be in a fight with them anyway which MIGHT bring China in. I don't think China wants to screw with us right now, mainly because how much money their making off of us. Kind of self defeating, but if any nukes we're involved we would nuke them off the planet, but at the same time we would be screwed too. I'm betting China wishes N.Korea would just shut up. Yes their numbers outnumbers ours, but our weapons are designed to kill tons more then theirs. ;) Also the gatlin gun systems they have on all the carriers and destroyers and all, that missle is quick, but I think they would throw the kitchen sink at it. :P

Two words: Omaha Beach.

The Pacific is as wide as the English channel?

Did you forget that China does not even have a blue-ocean navy?

Or that their Airforce is both aged and about 1/10th the size of the USAF?

There can be no actual war, as someone already said it would be a war of politics.

Some folks need to re-read their history books...... Mainly WW-II. It was us back then who didn't have an advanced army nor did we really have the ability to go to war. A couple of years later with a lot of effort and the massive industrial base kicking in we were a world super power. Don't think China couldn't do the same thing.