Kerry Meier

Bring It

RILEY COOPER is and I've been hearing wonderful things about Mike Kafka too. But lets be honest until they see games against other teams it means nothing. Going against the same players every day makes it a lot easier on you.

Kafka? Give me what you are smoking.

Cooper? You are getting closer. There are a number of great WR's that lasted late, but Cooper isn't necessarily at the top. Not that Meier is or anything. Cooper is good, and I wanted the dude in the draft, but yeah, we need to see the real games before we make decisions.

Kafka? Give me what you are smoking.

Cooper? You are getting closer. There are a number of great WR's that lasted late, but Cooper isn't necessarily at the top. Not that Meier is or anything. Cooper is good, and I wanted the dude in the draft, but yeah, we need to see the real games before we make decisions.

Kafka has been amazing in TC thus far. Not mention the Cardinals were pretty ticked we traded ahead them to take him. They wanted him as a starter in a few years. Which he could be here if Kolb struggles.

IMO Dominique Franks is the sleeper. He was a victim of a very deep draft. He could of been a 1st or 2nd round pick if he wouldn't of left college early. Don't get me wrong though, Meier can be really really good he has all the tools it's just a matter of experience.

Dominique Franks is the best CB on this team. Mark my words. Dunta Robinson is good, not great. Franks is special. Just wait and see.

Kafka has been amazing in TC thus far. Not mention the Cardinals were pretty ticked we traded ahead them to take him. They wanted him as a starter in a few years. Which he could be here if Kolb struggles.

Debatable. If he actually plays real snaps, and plays them well, maybe we can talk. But there are plenty of good players at all positions that went late in the draft. Obviously this is way too early to declare anyone even a contender.

IMO Dominique Franks is the sleeper. He was a victim of a very deep draft. He could of been a 1st or 2nd round pick if he wouldn't of left college early. Don't get me wrong though, Meier can be really really good he has all the tools it's just a matter of experience.

Franks is my pick as well. I really thought he did well the times i saw him play. Meier ran some crisp routes today and caught everything thrown his way.. I love how he doesn't waste much movement he just gets into his route (did a nice job avoiding a jam at the LOS in a few of their drills today) and finishes it very well. The timing between qbs/wrs is very good even this early in the camp.

Franks is my pick as well. I really thought he did well the times i saw him play. Meier ran some crisp routes today and caught everything thrown his way.. I love how he doesn't waste much movement he just gets into his route (did a nice job avoiding a jam at the LOS in a few of their drills today) and finishes it very well. The timing between qbs/wrs is very good even this early in the camp.

To think SFF has come out of his College Forum shell and posted again on TATF. I'm surprised! Welcome back (now that I've noticed you here).

You're so lucky being able to go to TC and games. I don't think people in Georgia know how lucky they really are. Don't take that for granted, I would love to be in your shoes.

Edited by MattIceRyanMVP2

Here is the difference between the 3 in order:

Chris Chandler helped us win an NFCCG and get to the Super Bowl, but we couldn't finish.

Mike Vick got us to the NFCCG , but couldn't deliver because he didn't have enough of a balanced offense around him and he and Warrick Dunn got shut down.

Matt Ryan will win an NFCCG and a Super Bowl, in the same season on more than one occasion. Because this team is being built to do so in the right way.

END OF STORY. IT'S TIME TO RISE UP!

Not having the benefit of visiting training camp I'm really pumped to see what Spoon, Franks, and Meier do in the preseason game Friday. I'll admit I'm caught up in the hype. Can't wait to see HD out there again too!

yeah i am excited as well.. it's one thing to do it in shorts, but it's another thing to do it in a game. i will say all 3 were impressive to me. the other thing that impressed me a lot were the veterans and how in shape this team is.. they really did a terrific job this offseason of staying in shape. i had a chance to talk with erik coleman and jason snelling and both were in very good shape.. snelling showed me a lot as well.. looked quicker than he did last year and has very good hands (thanks to both of them for autographs as well, just great guys). turner looked to be quicker as well and in better shape than last year. i was just impressed the difference i saw in a number of the veterans from last year to this year this time of the preseason when it comes to just how in shape guys were. i talked to a few guys who had saw camp last year and it was a theme may guys talked about.

He could be our version of Wes Welker. Looking forward to preseason to see what he does.

I also agree with his potential. Looking forward to preseason to see what he does.