Something on ESPN that pissed me off..

Creative

They were talking about Roethlisberger(suprise, suprise) and a graphic showed on screen of the first six games on Pittsburgh's schedule, the six that Big Ben is out for. Anyway, Pitt starts home to us, and they goes on the road to face Tennessee. The guy on ESPN then says, "as you can see, Pittsburgh starts off with weak teams, so Roethlisergers absence may not be an issue.

They seem to forget that we won our last three and Tennessee was 8-2 in their last 10.

Guest Gritz

If you're looking for any validation from ESPN about the Falcons you're wasting your time.

ESPN became the TMZ of the sports world a long time ago.

Pick out a few commentators/sportswriters who you like and respect. Listen to what they have to say about the Falcons (even when it's negative.)

Or you can do like I do. I say "**** them all" and form my own opinions about my team.

None of it's gonna stop until we earn it.

Totally agree and the best way to do it, is too totally embarass pittsburgh like we did against the 49ers. I know they would blame it on Ben not being in there, etc...... But it would still fire a warning shot to the rest of the league. ;)

Edited by nativefalcon

well after we take the nfc south devision and the nfc chamionship they will have no choice but to talk good about us, then when we take the superbowl from the ravens lol they will have no choice but bow down to the greatest team... The Falcons!!!!

They were talking about Roethlisberger(suprise, suprise) and a graphic showed on screen of the first six games on Pittsburgh's schedule, the six that Big Ben is out for. Anyway, Pitt starts home to us, and they goes on the road to face Tennessee. The guy on ESPN then says, "as you can see, Pittsburgh starts off with weak teams, so Roethlisergers absence may not be an issue.

They seem to forget that we won our last three and Tennessee was 8-2 in their last 10.

ESPN caters to certain fanbases, that is a given. However, we are not the only team in that first 6 games, so if they believe 4 out of 6 are weak teams, then you say that the schedule starts off weak. Doesn't mean every single team in those first 6 is weak.

That said, tell me the weak teams in their first 6 games:

Atlanta - homer or not, I don't think we're considered weak

Tennessee - I think they will be weak. Has Young been suspended yet for his stripclub fight/arrest?

Tampa - weak

Baltimore - never weak for Pitt, but a game they can win

Cleveland - split with Pitt last year. bad blood game, but one that Pitt should win

Miami - not necessarily weak, but not really strong either

Without Roethlisberger it's definitely not out of the question that they go 4-2 to open the season. I'd be surprised if they do worse than 3-3, neither of which would serious hurt Pitt's playoff chances.

Who cares about rapey mcrapeberger. It seems to me Troy Polamalu is the guy that team needs to win. They didn't do much of it last year with him out.

Who cares about rapey mcrapeberger. It seems to me Troy Polamalu is the guy that team needs to win. They didn't do much of it last year with him out.

I agree. I watched them last year without him and there defense isn't the same at all, They look completely different. They looked kind of like the Bucs defense.

Edited by MattIceRyanMVP2

Look no further than the latest odds coming out of Vegas. Atlanta is a 2 to 3 pt favorite. The boys in Vegas know what they are doing....unlike this doof that is claiming the Falcons will be a weak foe. Rediculous!