Season ticket holders "VIP" tour

jjrobi7

Dear Mr. Chacos,

I know this is a common e-mail because I have talked to about 50 other season ticket holders since the event and I talked to around 50 down at the "VIP" tour of training camp. I know I will sound brash at times, but please understand my frustrations. I will list several things about the tour that needs to be shared:

1. I didn't even get the e-mail to ask me to attend. I had to find out from other season ticket holders and e-mail you about it.

2. At least I got the tickets and was excited when I read VIP tour and special seating area. Of course with the special seating area I was guessing (as about 80% of the 100 other season ticket holders I talked to) that this meant we would have first access to autographs since WE AREN'T HAVING ROAM THE DOME (which the reason given to me by your marketing department when I contacted them about this is the fact that ALL people couldn't be taken care of.....I was told season ticket holders are not the only priority...through crafty language of course).

3. The tour was essentially NOTHING!!! The only interesting thing was walking in the in door facility. We walked on the field and the dorms was pointed out to us. We didn't see the weight room, meeting rooms, offices, anything.... Is that VIP?

4. Where was the special seating area? Is that VIP?

5. I ended up along the fence closest to the dorms and didn't even come close to the players. Is that VIP?

5. I arrived an extra hour early and didn't receive ANY special privledges as far as the practice was concerned. Is that VIP?

6. I spent an extra hour in the sun that the average fan, and other then seeing the indoor facility and walking 100 yards on the same grass that the fence lined I got treated no better then the person that arrived right on time or an hour late for practice. Is that VIP?

7. The falcons OWN these players and you guys act like it is such a damper on them to have to sit down and give fans willing to stand in line autographs! Is that VIP? Is that the way a season ticket holder should be treated?

8. When are loyal season ticket holders going to receive ACTUAL benefits? Sure we get to buy tickets early before others...but lets think about this...most of us already have all the tickets we need, so is this such a great thing?

9. For me personally I know for a fact the last 2 years that people with the exact same relocation requests and LESS seniority then me got moved into seats I should have. If it is happening to me how many others is it happening to? IS THAT VIP!

10. When am I (speaking in general for all season ticket holders) going to have all access to the Falcons that those who WON'T PAY FOR TICKETS don't equally have. Basically as a season ticket holder I show up to games, pay full price for preseason games that the average fan buys on the secondary market for 1/10 of what I pay, and get no more access to the falcons/dome/training camp then the average fan! IS THAT VIP!!!!!!!

I'm looking forward to a whole hearted response that says more than, "we appreciate your input...we will share this at our next meeting........we are looking for ways to improve the falcon experience.". I want a legit explanation.

Josh Robinson

Welcome to the business side of the NFL. Once they have you as a season ticket holder, the perks tend to go away. Each year there are new benefits for those who purchase season tickets for the first time, but all those who renew their tickets seem to end up a$$ed out with STH benefit reductions.

yea it was aero. He was pissed. He mentioned something about only a 10 min tour if that. That is just sad.

I emailed my rep and she responded fairly quickly, seems like one hand didn't know what the other was doing. Security was the main issue, they basically wanted nothing to do with this event and having people walking all over Flowery Branch. If that was the case they COULD have broken us down into smaller groups and offered us different days to attend. One group goes the first weekend of camp, the next go the following week, etc. This would have probably allowed us to stand in the middle of the fields during practice, cut down on the massive crowd of people and allowed us to go inside for a quick peek. But it is what it is now, it was a total waste of my time to go up for a 10 minute tour. (literally) Not to mention sitting looking at an empty practice field for nearly 2 hours before practice actually started.

I emailed my rep and she responded fairly quickly, seems like one hand didn't know what the other was doing. Security was the main issue, they basically wanted nothing to do with this event and having people walking all over Flowery Branch. If that was the case they COULD have broken us down into smaller groups and offered us different days to attend. One group goes the first weekend of camp, the next go the following week, etc. This would have probably allowed us to stand in the middle of the fields during practice, cut down on the massive crowd of people and allowed us to go inside for a quick peek. But it is what it is now, it was a total waste of my time to go up for a 10 minute tour. (literally) Not to mention sitting looking at an empty practice field for nearly 2 hours before practice actually started.

How did oyu even know about it? I am a returning season ticket holder this year, and I never heard a word.

I got an email about it back a few weeks ago asking me to RSVP. Then a follow up email later. Who is your account rep?

Yeah, that's how I was notified. Apparently there are account representatives and then there are Account Reprsentatives. Mine, Erika Shaw, seems to be one of the better ones.

And it's not too surprising to learn that Security at Flowery Branch was not cooperative. It is all too obvious that security at the training camp is ratcheted up to the Nth degree and was as ubiquitous as they could make it. It is rather telling that the Falcons Hall of Fame (HOF) was closed to the fans during the practice sessions. The HOF is located off to the side in the lobby of the Falcons headquarters; very restricted from the rest of the building. That fans couldn't visit the Falcons HOF is, in my mind, the most damning comment regarding the extreme security at Flowery Branch.

It would be interesting to learn if this high level of security is directly from the desires of Arthur Blank or is the directions of some security director, who believes it's impossible to have too much of it, and the Falcons organization just goes along.

Edited by Falcon Freddie

Yeah, that's how I was notified. Apparently there are account representatives and then there are Account Reprsentatives. Mine, Erika Shaw, seems to be one of the better ones.

And it's not too surprising to learn that Security at Flowery Branch was not cooperative. It is all too obvious that security at the training camp is ratcheted up to the Nth degree and was as ubiquitous as they could make it. It is rather telling that the Falcons Hall of Fame (HOF) was closed to the fans during the practice sessions. The HOF is located off to the side in the lobby of the Falcons headquarters; very restricted from the rest of the building. That fans couldn't visit the Falcons HOF is, in my mind, the most damning comment regarding the extreme security at Flowery Branch.

It would be interesting to learn if this high level of security is directly from the desires of Arthur Blank or is the directions of some security director, who believes it's impossible to have too much of it, and the Falcons organization just goes along.

Erica is my rep also.dry.gif

Security is pretty awful this year, they're being too strict. Just the way we were all asked to leave Saturday when the rains came in was uncalled for. I don't know what happened between Mini-Camp and Training Camp this year but security is night and day difference and not for the better. I don't know if this falls on Blank though, he always interacts with the fans and takes time to talk to us. It's security that seems to think we're all there to hurt the players/staff. What they don't realize is that those of us who take the time to go to practices in the summer heat would buy a player a beer before ever thinking about doing them any harm.

Security is pretty awful this year, they're being too strict. Just the way we were all asked to leave Saturday when the rains came in was uncalled for. I don't know what happened between Mini-Camp and Training Camp this year but security is night and day difference and not for the better. I don't know if this falls on Blank though, he always interacts with the fans and takes time to talk to us. It's security that seems to think we're all there to hurt the players/staff. What they don't realize is that those of us who take the time to go to practices in the summer heat would buy a player a beer before ever thinking about doing them any harm.

I did notice the more abrasive attitude of the heavier set security guy when sitting on the sidelines. Sure they occasionally let people know to get off the ropes or in this case the net but this guy right off the bat was beligerent to people saying "don't make me do it, just give me a reason to kick you out". So much for the fan experience. <_< It completely kills any kind gesture by the rest of the staff welcoming people to training camp.

The skinny security guy in dreads is always cool but I think some of these guys need to realize this is suppose to be a fan/promotional event not guarding the President.

I did notice the more abrasive attitude of the heavier set security guy when sitting on the sidelines. Sure they occasionally let people know to get off the ropes or in this case the net but this guy right off the bat was beligerent to people saying "don't make me do it, just give me a reason to kick you out". So much for the fan experience. <_< It completely kills any kind gesture by the rest of the staff welcoming people to training camp.

The skinny security guy in dreads is always cool but I think some of these guys need to realize this is suppose to be a fan/promotional event not guarding the President.

Are you talking about the bald guy? In the past he's been ok, but he's been a jerk so far at TC this year.

I got the email about the "VIP" tour and responded right away--got a quick return email from the Falcons with a promise to send me three tickets, which I received. Here's a sample from the email describing the VIP tour:

"Because you renewed your account by the Early Bird Deadline, you are invited to attend the 2010 Training Camp in Flowery Branch for a behind the scenes tour and special seating. Please join us as we kick off the start of the 2010 season and get an up close and personal look at our team."

Sounds pretty good, don't you think? Not so fast my friend.....

The unfortunate reality is that this 'behind the scenes tour' was a thoroughly lame and underwhelming experience and consisted of simply marching the STH's through the indoor practice facility and around the back of the practice area, where we were then 'released' at the bottom of the viewing hill.

No players or coaches on the field to 'get an up close and personal" look at (although we did watch Arthur Blank jogging around the field).

No "special seating" for anyone.

Very disappointing for every fan involved, and not representative of what we have come to expect from the team since Arthur Blank became owner.

To make matters even worse, the outdoor practice session was terminated after about an hour, and the player autograph session was canceled altogether--because of a severe storm that was closing in on Flowery Branch. Falcons staff raced up the viewing hill to get all of the fans out of the facility before the storm hit. Not the Falcons fault, but it was kind of like adding insult to injury.

I'm fortunate that I live only 30 minutes away from the Flowery Branch facility, so attending training camp is pretty easy for me and my family; however, many fans drove from far away to 'experience' this behind the scenes disappointment.