Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Return of the Gaucho

Federal Judge Strikes Down California Ban on Gay Marriage

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/08/04/AR2010080400716.html?hpid=topnews

--------------------------

A state voted to enact a limit on the classification of marriage. An unelected federal judge struck it down as a violation of the equal protection clause. In my opinion, the government shouldn't be regulating marriage at all, but since they are, they cannot deny rights to a minority group that they grant to other people.

Thoughts?

I say the government, State or Federal has no business in the marriage business AT ALL except to make sure it is two consenting adults. Other than that, get the #### out, period.

So that is really all I have to say about it.

100% agree...

I might as well claim I'm attracted to and in love with my pet gerbil. I mean the government will eventually let me marry it and give me benefits for it, so why not? If enough of you rally with me, we can get the government to make up yet another new definition for the word "marriage".

The federal government better let me marry my gerbil! I want my benefits!

I might as well claim I'm attracted to and in love with my pet gerbil. I mean the government will eventually let me marry it and give me benefits for it, so why not? If enough of you rally with me, we can get the government to make up yet another new definition for the word "marriage".

Your gerbil is not a consenting adult.

the reference to pedophilia or bestiality when it comes to two consenting ADULTS, are two of of most idiotic things ever to be uttered out of a morons mouth.

Can your gerbil legally consent? Does it have a legally recognized ability to enter into a contract? Didn't think so...

the reference to pedophilia or bestiality when it comes to two consenting ADULTS, are two of of most idiotic things ever to be uttered out of a morons mouth.

That's because you apparently have never read the actual definition of marriage. The definition of marriage clearly states that it is strictly between two consenting adults of the opposite sex. If they are going to allow what they call "same-sex marriage", they should at least call it a civil union or something. I mean why should the government be able to just suddenly change the definition of a word used in law to please a certain group of people?

It once again shows we have an activist judicial system that circumvents actual democracy. No one who is in favor of democracy can approve of a rogue judge overturning elections.

This country wasn't intended to be a democracy. Our founding fathers intentionally founded this country as a republic.

This is ignorant.

That's because you apparently have never read the actual definition of marriage. The definition of marriage clearly states that it is strictly between two consenting adults of the opposite sex. If they are going to allow what they call "same-sex marriage", they should at least call it a civil union or something. I mean why should the government be able to just suddenly change the definition of a word used in law to please a certain group of people?

where does it specifically use opposite sex?

where does it specifically use opposite sex?

In the original and biblical definition. Look it up. That was the point I was trying to make in my post about my gerbil and me. The government is changing the definition of a word used in law to suit a certain group of people.

And it is exactly why I added that caveat to my post also, because I knew someone would come along and compare it to bestiality. They always do. Snak was awesome for that.

It's bad when the stupidity is so palpable .

No one is comparing marriage to bestiality. The point is any loser who can't find a girlfriend/boyfriend can claim they are gay/lesbian just so they can receive marriage benefits they don't deserve.

The bible invented marriage? This is news to me.

Nice way to fail at making a point. I never said the Bible invented marriage, so I hope that wasn't what you were implying in your post.

No one is comparing marriage to bestiality. The point is any loser who can't find a girlfriend/boyfriend can claim they are gay/lesbian just so they can receive marriage benefits they don't deserve.

That makes perfect sense!! It's even been done before!

i_now_pronounce_you_chuck_and_larry_adam_sandler_and_kevin_james__3_.jpg