Rodney Harrison interview

Good interview and I think very unbiased from a guys who's had tremendous success in the league. He could have said bad things about the Falcons considering he wanted to play here but we didn't want him at that time but I think he talked about this team based on what he saw at FB. Like others, Rodney had tremendous praise for Ryan and considering the fact that the guy has been around Brady for a long time means something.

Rodney Harrison interview

A couple of things Harrison said.

1.When he became a FA from the chargers.. Rodney wanted to play for the home team (atlanta falcons) but Jim Mora wasnt interested .

2. Calls Matt Ryan "The young Tom Brady"

I think the young Tom Brady reference was more about his demeanor,maturity and potential star power. I would wait until he wins a play off game or a ring before putting him in the same class as Brady. I think our D line will be the weak spot this year TJ/Walker/Jerry fresh off injury/ we didnt get alot of pressure on the QB last year and the personnel is basicly the same. I see us going 11-5

WTF was Rodnet talking about that Brady didn't start til about his 4th or fifth 5th year? Brady was drafted in 2000 and and in 2001 started 15 games and won a Super Bowl . :blink:

Other than that tho, I always liked Rodney as a player and as for the way he speaks his mind. Loved what he said about Dez Bryant, obviously and loved what he said about Brett Favre.All but called him a media ho. :lol:

Hard to believe Mora did not want him, or with Mora, maybe it isn't.

WTF was Rodnet talking about that Brady didn't start til about his 4th or fifth 5th year? Brady was drafted in 2000 and started 15 games and won a Super Bowl in 2001.

Other than that tho, I always liked Rodney as a player and as for the way he speaks his mind. Loved what he said about Dez Bryant, obviously and loved what he said about Brett Favre.All but called him a media ho. :lol:

WTF was Rodnet talking about that Brady didn't start til about his 4th or fifth 5th year? Brady was drafted in 2000 and and in 2001 started 15 games and won a Super Bowl . :blink:

In mora's defense there were not alot of teams that did, if I recall he was coming off a pretty serios injury.

And if I recall correctly he signed a very cheap deal with the Pats.

I think thats pretty accurate. Ryan is more like Brady then Manning. Manning is a FREAK period.

As far as Mora not being interested, I swear hearing more things like this just shows how stupid the man was. My proof of it was the way he tried getting all these players on the Seahawks then to top if off grabbed, the knappster for OC. Man just doesn't learn from mistakes. ;)

Smartest thing they could have done firing Mora, the seahawks getting 2 1. picks doesn't happen often and I think pete Carroll is going to fail with Seahawks anyway. Mora would have screwed them for years. ;)

Edited by nativefalcon

Great find thanks for posting! Rodney came across as very football savy. I really liked his points on defense as well espicially the penetration from the middle and pressure from the ends to help the secondary. I wonder if he simply used what the coaches told him verbatim or if thats what he sees from watching the film. He was a bit off on the Brady to play time line and I wish Ryan was a bit more level headed than Rodney made him out to be. Dont get me wrong I LOVE Ryan's passion but he doesnt stay level headed when he makes a mistake or if someone else makes one Ryan is all over it, fuming mad and it shows. When Ryan does learn the ability to not let the mistakes eat him up and doesnt let the highs get to high or the lows to low then yes he will be on of the greatest in the game. Which I am sure will come with a bit more time in the league he is young and has plenty of time for patience at this level to develope.

Jim Mora said no to Harrison?..the more you listen to this guy you have to wonder how in the world he duped McKay into hiring him.

Yesterday Mora was on NFL Network with Matt Millen and they were giving their opinions on camps and players, etc. As I listened to their drivel I thought to myself you could not put 2 individuals on the set at the same time that were more clueless about picking talent, or coaching a team, have less credibility than Mora and Millen. It was embarrassing for the NFL.

Jim Mora said no to Harrison?..the more you listen to this guy you have to wonder how in the world he duped McKay into hiring him.

Yesterday Mora was on NFL Network with Matt Millen and they were giving their opinions on camps and players, etc. As I listened to their drivel I thought to myself you could not put 2 individuals on the set at the same time that were more clueless about picking talent, or coaching a team, have less credibility than Mora and Millen. It was embarrassing for the NFL.

I agree with that one. That was the year I had wanted Lovie Smith.