Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OFFICIAL TRAINING CAMP OBSERVATION THREAD

40 posts in this topic

franks looked the best to me at fielding punts, as he gobbled the ball up and quickly secured it. if he does not fumble when he is hit he should take weems job IMO. antone smith looked good too. weems looked good catching punts and also in 7-7's/11-11's but who cares. HD was out there and looked like his old self catching punts as well.

i mostly watch the WR's in drills because i want to see their hands, and because you cant tell much about anything in the trenches until games. every single WR we have shows great hands and even jenkins looked good making some catches down field.

all three QB's look sharp, but JPW looked WAY better in year two. arm seems stronger and more accurate. i always thought of him as a career #3, but if he shows ability to take what the defense gives him in pre-season, he may have me sold as our eventual primary back up.

spoon was amoungst the 1's. franks was #3 LCB behind grimes and owens, but i think owens should be #1 LCB with robinson at his RCB spot. franks should have picked off redman but he dropped it, and then dropped down and gave em 20. still a good PD. owens went deep with jenkins and batted down a ryan pass. robinson and spoon also had a PD. no picks though.

the whole team looks good, and depth is everywhere. i see guys i like that we simply wont have a spot for at WR, RB, TE, and S, but that is a better problem to have than years past when we were looking at who might get cut elsewhere. we may be a team being watched come roster cut time to see what talent shakes loose from our roster.

The Don™, Soren and alphaville like this

all three QB's look sharp, but JPW looked WAY better in year two. arm seems stronger and more accurate. i always thought of him as a career #3, but if he shows ability to take what the defense gives him in pre-season, he may have me sold as our eventual primary back up.

I was convinced JPW would become our eventually #2 even last year. Would like to see him tear up the preseason for the next 2 seasons. He has the tools to become a good QB and maybe our next Matt Schaub.

He has the tools to become a good QB and maybe our next Matt Schaub.

very doubtful. Don't forget how mediocre he was in college.

I really enjoyed watching spoon. He played pretty well.

Where was P Jerry??? did I just miss him?

I enjoyed watching the defense, they look pretty good already. I have high hopes ;-)

very doubtful. Don't forget how mediocre he was in college.

He also was considered to have the NFL 'intangibles' that are so hard to find. The knocks on him were that he didn't have the strongest arm (improving), lack of accuracy, decision making.

Not sure about his footwork, but if Musgrave corrected it, that already improves two of the above. We'll see about his decision making soon enough.

Spoon was very aggressive. JPW was accurate. Redman was his usual self - steady and reliable. Turner looked really good. Hope Norwood can keep healthy; he did bobble one punt, but hopefully, someone else will be doing that. Douglas looked ready to go. Beerman is a beast. Lots of really nice plays run.

I got high hopes for this season, too.

Big ups to Arthur Blank for being the first guy to come to the sidelines and sign autographs. He was almost as popular as any player. He's a good man. I think he signed anything that anyone brought to him. He probably spent 20 minutes signing and chatting with the fans. We are lucky to have him as an owner.

He also was considered to have the NFL 'intangibles' that are so hard to find. The knocks on him were that he didn't have the strongest arm (improving), lack of accuracy, decision making.

Not sure about his footwork, but if Musgrave corrected it, that already improves two of the above. We'll see about his decision making soon enough.

It's tough to fix all the stuff you have just mentioned.

I know this is from friday morning but I was asked to paste this. I will have pics uploaded next week. and I will be going to the practices during the weekdays. let me know if any of y'all want me to specifically watch soeone. and if any one is attending from this site let me know. I can always use someone to chat to out there.

I just saw the monring practice. here is what I seen.

Robinson was very active. was really going out there to show he was someone. no picks, but he did shut down 2 plays.

weatherspoon did very well. espically for a rookie. he was able to watch the QB's eyes and see where the ball was going. I was very pleased.

Moore. looked to be ok. he was moving, but in the wrong direction sometimes.

lofton was awesome. a true pro bowl player for this year. he looked more set into being the best then he did last year. he is out to prove someting.

I couldn't really judge Jerry. but he was out on the field and looked 100%

Peek made a few good catches and one BEAUTIFUL catch. his knee was wrapped up at the end. but I think it was nothing. I think they were just preventing from something more happening.

Gonzalez looked the same as he did last year. I would like to see more out of him. but he was more into performing blocks. so that is a plus

peele made some beautiful catches as well. I think he may have learned some from gonzalez last season and off season.

Turner was very solid. very very strong. he would take the bungy cord strap and touch all the cones with a breeze. and when the other RB's did it, you saw they had to work at it. those legs have gotten a lot stronger. as for his injury I think he was 100$ good. during pre=training camp last month he had it wrapped up. today he did not have i wrapped.

turner also really took control of being number one RB.

snelling, sad to say I did not see much

Noorwood suprised me. looked healthy, made a lot of plays. moved great. no signs of any problems. I think he will greatly improve this year. and him and turner will work great together.

ryan looked great as usual. he did let a high ball go over harvey's head. but harvey could have stopped to soon. not sure. ryan was moving around great. 100%

redman was active, and looked to be more of a improvement. he always is out there helping others and is a great guy. I think he is working better to insuring me that he can be a backup QB.

and or all you wolfe and bear fans. bear did good in what he was involved in. I really wanted to see more of him. but they put him on the second field a lot. so I couldn't tell you that much. when he was involved in D against O. he looked a little off, but I think he will improve as the week continues.

as for wolfe. great catches. I am becoming more of a fan of him. I was not to hot about him at the pre-training event, just cause he made somedropped balls and he didn't run the right plays sometimes. but today he was showing he was someone to be a #3 WR. he caught all the balls, and some hard to get to ones. he also showed he could do more then just catch, he showed he could get soe extra yardage, and thats a huge plus.

harvey looked ok. he was great at the pre=training events. but today he just seemed to have taken a step back. didn't look to show he could get more yards. and he was not pushing to be a someone.

jenkins did drop the fist throw. but he improved as the day went on. made he catches and showed off he amazing speed.

white. was white. just a great wr. not much to say. because I was busy looking at rookies and those he could make the team.

T.D. doe what he always does. stays away from everyone and takes notes. with him doing that lets me know he is gong to make the right calls of who is cut. if you sit and watch him and see whe he writes and what he was looking at; you start to see who is doing what they should or should not be doing.

let me know if you would like me to watch someone in specific. I will be at the weekday training.