An introduction to Jay Adams

JayAdams

Hey, everyone! I'm finally on the message board. I wanted to take a moment and introduce myself since you'll be seeing and hearing a lot from me in the future. I'm Jay Adams and I'm the new Falcons new media producer. I have some very difficult shoes to fill with J. Mike's departure, but I always promise to give you my absolute best.

Here's my five-second bio: I was born and raised in Rochester, NY, graduated from St. John Fisher College, moved to Georgia after graduation, wrote for The Albany (Ga.) Herald covering high school sports and the Falcons, wrote for the Savannah Morning News covering high school sports, wrote and was the assistant sports editor for The Telegraph in Macon (where I also covered the Falcons for a year), went to Syracuse University (Go Cuse!) to get my masters degree and now here I am in Flowery Branch.

Now that the boring part is out of the way, I'm really, really excited to be here, and I'm overwhelmed at the welcome I've gotten. It's so great to be a part of the Falcons family. As we head into the future, we're going to be bringing a lot of great new content and features to atlantafalcons.com. That being said, I'm always open to hearing suggestions from fans. I want to be able to give you what you want. So feel free to tweet at me (@FalconsJAdams) if you've ever got a brilliant idea or a suggestion on things we can do better.

As you may have noticed, I started doing live UStream chats between practices. We had some technical difficulties that we worked through, but those of you who joined me will be happy to know that we solved the audio problem. I want to make the chats a daily thing, and as we go into training camp we'll get a better idea of how to schedule them. We'll also make sure the site is well updated to reflect that schedule. For now, following me on Twitter is the best way to find out what time they will occur and to get the link to the channel. I'll always give plenty of notice. Also, you won't always just be hearing from me. Niki Noto will be doing some chats, and we're going to try to get some players to join us as well. Keep your eyes open for that.

With all that out of the way, I'm elated to be on board and I'm looking forward to interacting with as many of you as possible!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A very warm welcome from the Falcon Nation, Jay! Sounds like you've got it made with a great new job that you'll enjoy and you live close to the facility to boot? Congratulations!

I'm the Falcons cartoonist and while I don't do my work from the facility (I work from home in Gainesville), I did have a close working relationship with J.Mike and I'm looking forward to having the same with you! Let's do lunch!:D

My biggest concern is the post game interview videos. Whoever is taking questions has a mic where we can hear their response to a question, but the person from the press doesn't so we never know what question is being asked. Can a couple of mics be set up throughout the press so we can hear the questions, and answers? Thanks, and welcome.

My biggest concern is the post game interview videos. Whoever is taking questions has a mic where we can hear their response to a question, but the person from the press doesn't so we never know what question is being asked. Can a couple of mics be set up throughout the press so we can hear the questions, and answers? Thanks, and welcome.

Real good point.:rolleyes:

+1........agreed.........it is annoying.