Can someone give me some facts as to why your team will win?

ThunderCookie

Which great games you speak of??

I know you are not saying the saints defense played great against the Vikes or Colts.

They played a good game against Brady and Warner..... but it was not your defense that won against the vikes or colts. If you honestly think that you are one of the most clueless people ever.

The saints beat the vikes on luck.and luck alone. from Peterson fumble while not even being touched, to more then generous calls later in the game by the refs, Ie missed roughing the passer, blatantly wrong PI calls, Blatantly wrong rulling of a catch, questionable spot on 4th down etc etc.

Against the colts the saitns offense owned the field, they were on it nearly the entire 3rd quarter, and the saints got a lucky break on the ballsy onside kick.

The saints did little defensivly to slow down either of the vikes or colts.

LOL falcons fans always bringing up the refs. I thought that was the M.O of saints fans. Dude please with all that BS. The beautiful thing about this whole mindless argument over the saints defense is that who gives a darn if they suck we WON THE SUPERBOWL. you better hope they dont get better bc if they do we will sail to another NFC South title and possible Superbowl.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or getting the play the vikes who literally gave the game to the saints.

halfway through the season the saints were blessed to play a bevy of inexperienced and flat out bad passers.

I mean you played Stafford, Kolb, Trent Edwards and Mark Sanchez in consecutive weeks

They had like 12 starts in NFL combined.

The saints were good enough to get a head and force the young players into mistakes.

Your are not going to have that luxury this year.

The saints are far from a top 5 defense.

True, true....I guess that run where they defeated Eli Manning, Tom Brady, Matt Ryan, Kurt Warner, Brett Favre & Peyton Manning wasn't impressive....

Combined score of those games was 228-130 for an average margin of victory of 17 points.

Yeah, pretty lucky I guess.... :rolleyes:

So great that means you can not mentioned the superbowl at all at any point then right?

After all that was "last season"

so if lets say the saints fall to 7-9 and we all can point how how lame of a coach payton is right?

Since this season has not started yet hte only things we have to go on is last season, and last season after the top 2 the saints corners were HORRIBLE.

That's where the difference comes in. Nomatter how the Saints play next season (and I guarantee they'll be up near the top again) we're the Super Bowl Champions till ATLEAST early February.

Now when the Falcons fall on their face again and don't win a playoff game/don't even make the playoffs, we'll continue to talk about how average Mike Smith is as a coach...wink.gif

As for your last statement, I guess it's a lost battle. You still want to talk about last season when we are discussing THIS season. Like I said, either your playing dumb or your really this ********.

Edited by nolafan33

That's where the difference comes in. Nomatter how the Saints play next season (and I guarantee they'll be up near the top again) we're the Super Bowl Champions till ATLEAST early February.

Oh boy, I hope your team has this same mentality.

Superbowl champs that still haven't stopped celebrating until the next February.

Now when the Falcons fall on their face again and don't win a playoff game/don't even make the playoffs, we'll continue to talk about how average Mike Smith is as a coach...wink.gif

As for your last statement, I guess it's a lost battle. You still want to talk about last season when we are discussing THIS season. Like I said, either your playing dumb or your really this ********.

Wow.....just wow.

In one breath you say no matter how well you do, you can talk about last season..............but when it comes to the actual players, it is not about last season but this season?

You are officially the biggest moron I have ever seen on here.... I seriously hope you never reproduce.

True, true....I guess that run where they defeated Eli Manning, Tom Brady, Matt Ryan, Kurt Warner, Brett Favre & Peyton Manning wasn't impressive....

Combined score of those games was 228-130 for an average margin of victory of 17 points.

Yeah, pretty lucky I guess.... :rolleyes:

When you are talking about the nfc title game yes it was luck.

the satins dfense gave up 28 points, nearly 500 yards of offense, over 30 first downs, like a 65% 3rd down percentage.

The vikes offense OWNED the saints defense........ the difference was Peterson fumbling 3 times......once when he was not even touched.

And it took some questionable calls to even get the saints in FG range in OT.

there was sever luck in the superbowl, but that was more Brees just being a machine in the second half more then anything else.

Brees and the machine like offense won the superbowl.

NOT the saints defense.

Wow.....just wow.

In one breath you say no matter how well you do, you can talk about last season..............but when it comes to the actual players, it is not about last season but this season?

You are officially the biggest moron I have ever seen on here.... I seriously hope you never reproduce.

I can say whatever I please, I'm not a member of the team. If I look back at a game from last season, during the week leading up to a big game THIS season, guess what? The team won't be any better or worse because of my actions.

I can say whatever I please, I'm not a member of the team. If I look back at a game from last season, during the week leading up to a big game THIS season, guess what? The team won't be any better or worse because of my actions.

You are right.... you just make yourself out to be the biggest horses azzed homer here.

"we are deep........we only sucked because starters were hurt"

You are right.... you just make yourself out to be the biggest horses azzed homer here.

"we are deep........we only sucked because starters were hurt"

Sucked??? We were 5-0 while Greer and Porter were out. We gave up 261 passing yards per, 20 points per. That isn't anywhere close to sucking. During that same time span the Falcons gave up 276 passing yards per, 28 points per and were 1-4. Now THAT is the definition of sucking.

During the offseason, we post a lot of crazy things as to who is going to beat who and win what. But rarely do I see good explanations all listed in one place.

So if anyone can make a factual, smack free argument as to why their team is the one to beat... Please share here.

This means no...

Saints are the team to beat because we got rings.

Panthers are the team to beat because baby blue brings out Klaussen's eyes.

Falcons are the team to beat because it is our board and we say so.

Bucs are the team to beat because my jean shorts say so.

HAIL, ITS EVEN SIMPLER THAN THE ABOVE REASONS.

ATLANTA IS THE TEAM TO BEAT BECAUSE WE WILL

SCORE MORE POINTS THAN OUR OPPONENTS.

Sucked??? We were 5-0 while Greer and Porter were out. We gave up 261 passing yards per, 20 points per. That isn't anywhere close to sucking. During that same time span the Falcons gave up 276 passing yards per, 28 points per and were 1-4. Now THAT is the definition of sucking.

261 over a whole season a game would have put you 31 out of 32 teams.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=null&role=OPP&offensiveStatisticCategory=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=TEAM_PASSING&season=2009&seasonType=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=true&Submit=Go

Like I have told you before, get your head out of your ***.

Edited by falconsd56

Do we have a winner in this debate yet?

Many good points have been made by you guys, but it's not as relevant as the bottomline result. It's simply a statistic contained within a total package.

Bottomline is this.....football is a composite of all phases of the game, offense, defense and special teams.

Win 2 of the 3 and you'll win more than you lose.

WHO CARES if your defense gives up 350 yards & 23 points/game when your offense is putting up 400 yards & 30+ points/game?

As a fan with a butt in a seat I enjoy leaving the game a winner. If it's an offensive fireworks display that wins the games, it's exciting to witness. I love jumping out of the seat and celebrating another touchdown.

And in 2009, it was a good enough combination to outlast 31 other teams.

Edited by SaintRay

points > yards

If we held offenses to 20 points per game, we could give up 1000 yards per game for all I care.

Maybe I'm not the one with his head in his @$$? laugh.gif

This makes me sick, but...

I have to agree with NOLA. It is called "bend don't break" and is a pretty popular philosophy. Worked well for us a couple of years ago. Of course, stat mongers threw the yards in our face all season, but I enjoyed our winning record.

I'm not sure what you would consider average for a Falcons coach nola? Smitty has done what no other Falcons coach has done in 43 years. B2B was huge for this franchise and you build off that sort of thing. I agree with you that this should be a playoff winning season coming up or he'll be judged harshly as Payton was after his third season.

I'm not sure what you would consider average for a Falcons coach nola? Smitty has done what no other Falcons coach has done in 43 years. B2B was huge for this franchise and you build off that sort of thing. I agree with you that this should be a playoff winning season coming up or he'll be judged harshly as Payton was after his third season.

That's great and all, but the Falcons were average last season. If they don't make the playoffs this season, it'll be because they were average again (or worse, below average). The coach takes the fall for the team, and when the team is considered average, the coach is considered the same.

That's great and all, but the Falcons were average last season. If they don't make the playoffs this season, it'll be because they were average again (or worse, below average). The coach takes the fall for the team, and when the team is considered average, the coach is considered the same.

You never addressed the poin I was making about payton after his third season. After posting a 25-23 record and one playoff appearance and a 1-1 record wasn't he considered average at best?

You never addressed the poin I was making about payton after his third season. After posting a 25-23 record and one playoff appearance and a 1-1 record wasn't he considered average at best?

I'd say he was a coach who was considered as a great offensive mind and had great potential, but was afraid to hurt his friends. His friend (Gary Gibbs) was holding him back. Look what happens when he lets go of his friend. We win it all. Maybe Smith needs to take notes from Payton?

falcons win for 2 reasons

1-we are better this year,and we are the best in the south this year

2-the N.O. kharma has been used up,and while your still good,you wont be good enough,you better start worrying about carolina taking the #2 spot in the south

falcons win for 2 reasons

1-we are better this year,and we are the best in the south this year

2-the N.O. kharma has been used up,and while your still good,you wont be good enough,you better start worrying about carolina taking the #2 spot in the south

homer-simpson-brain.jpg

Give me three reasons the Falcons are better than the Saints...wink.gif