Can someone give me some facts as to why your team will win?

ThunderCookie

If we had a better fs, i would say our secondary is better than yours. My team is not the team to beat, but I do believe we will win more games than last year. We now have a better hc and oc. We have upgraded our o-line and have a solid qb. Yes we still have questions at wr, rb, and o-line depth but if the defense plays as well as last year I believe we will win more games.

THe one thing you have in your favor is Mcnabb is used to that exact scenario.

In fact he has thrived with it.

I mean outside of the year with TO, and last year with Jackson and Maclin, can you really name a time Mcnabb has had any legit wr threats? He is also used to playing with questions at OL and RB ( Westbrook for as great of a weapon he was, he was brittle as a sob)

You guys I think are the real dark horse in the nfc least ;)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I think right around the first game with us when Ryan and turner got hurt is when you guys switched back right?

I remember thinking how much better they looked.

The bucs D LOOKED faster. then the week prior.

Its going to be interesting to say the least. I dont think the bucs have enough given how strong the other 3 teams potentially can be, but hey we were suppose to be 1-15 in 08 so who knows.

It was after we got dismantled by the Saints. We came back and almost beat the Falcons the next week.

Now we are going to have a full offseason (with 100% attendance on D) while Rah is implementing his scheme in a more detailed way.

We're all 0-0. Tied for first.

It was after we got dismantled by the Saints. We came back and almost beat the Falcons the next week.

Now we are going to have a full offseason (with 100% attendance on D) while Rah is implementing his scheme in a more detailed way.

We're all 0-0. Tied for first.

Tis is true.

Its going to be a very interesting season, especially if all the teams can stay relatively healthy

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

Yeah I think right around the first game with us when Ryan and turner got hurt is when you guys switched back right?

I remember thinking how much better they looked.

The bucs D LOOKED faster. then the week prior.

Its going to be interesting to say the least. I dont think the bucs have enough given how strong the other 3 teams potentially can be, but hey we were suppose to be 1-15 in 08 so who knows.

That '08 team was ALL Jon Gruden! It was a testament to what a great coach he is that he took a team of tired, over the hill vets and a quarterback like Garthia to a 9-7 season. It finally caught up to him though the last 3 games.

Our defense is slowly getting back to the '99 -'02 style. We're not there yet but you guys are gonna HATE having to play us in '11 and beyond!

That '08 team was ALL Jon Gruden! It was a testament to what a great coach he is that he took a team of tired, over the hill vets and a quarterback like Garthia to a 9-7 season. It finally caught up to him though the last 3 games.

Our defense is slowly getting back to the '99 -'02 style. We're not there yet but you guys are gonna HATE having to play us in '11 and beyond!

Ehh I would slow your roll down with that one.

Yeah the bucs are improving. but you don't have a linebacker NEAR where Brooks was at that point, nor do you have a safety who is as good as Lynch was then.

You do not have a Warren Sapp yet either. Mckoy has the look of a good player but lets not anoint him yet.

The bucs are improving sure but to say they are even with 1,000 miles of being at THAT level is very premature.

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

Ehh I would slow your roll down with that one.

Yeah the bucs are improving. but you don't have a linebacker NEAR where Brooks was at that point, nor do you have a safety who is as good as Lynch was then.

You do not have a Warren Sapp yet either. Mckoy has the look of a good player but lets not anoint him yet.

The bucs are improving sure but to say they are even with 1,000 miles of being at THAT level is very premature.

You're ignoring Gino Hayes, Aqib Talib and Tanard Jackson. Jackson could easily end up being as good if not better than Lynch. While Hayes may not be another Derrick Brooks a Hall Of Famer, he's a **** good linebacker and will be a big part of this defense getting back to what BUC Fans are used to.

Defensivly the saints lived and died with the turn over, even fully healthy they rarely just shut teams down.

the whole strategy was try and outscore and hope to get a couple turnovers in the end. That worked well last year... not so well in 07 and 08 when the saints were below .500 for those 2 years.

I think the saints are going to have a harder time getting the turnovers they had last year, If nothing for the fact they will get to feast on young qbs the first part of the year like they got to last year. The ball litterally bounced their way last year, which is what is needed to win the superbowl.. no team wins on pure talent alone, there is a certain amount of luck involved. Which is IMO the biggest reason repeats are so few and far between.

The saints are going to have a hard time repeating if The falcons and panthers are healthy.

When you have 2 of the top 5 backs in the nfl in the same division in Turner and Williams, and a guy like Stewart who would be number 1 on 27 or so teams in the nfl, then you have players like White, Gonzo, Winslow, Smith add to that Atlanta and Carolina have big nasty Olines and some legit players on defense..... There is a reason no team has repeated back to back in the south. This year is clearly no different.

The bucs should not be that good this year.... but the exact same thing were said about the falcons prior to 08, and outside of Saints fans no one pictures the saints going 13-3 last year, so who knows if Freeman progress's, and they catch some breaks they could be more of a threat then anyone other then Bucman or JB imagines ;)

Definitely luck is needed to help win it all, and in the Saints' case, the main luck they had was getting healthy just in time for the playoffs.

However, there is a general huge misconception about the Saints' defense from last year. I'll throw out the argument on them trying to outscore their opponent... duh, that's how you win a game.. outscore them. Saints were ranked pretty high in total defense until the midway portion of the season when they suffered a rash of injuries. Yardage doesn't mean a whole lot anyway when you're up by 20+ in many of your games. Of course teams are going to put a lot of meaningless yards on you in the fourth quarter.

Anyway, every team in NFC South is built offensively to score on this D since all of them can run the ball. But if they get behind, it's over. Saints still haven't improved enough in my opinion to be able to consistantly stop the run. But there's no doubt that teams stand no chance at passing the ball on them. Even without Porter and Greer for 5 and 7 games (6 and 8 if you count them hardly playing in week 17), respectively, they still finished third in the league in passer rating allowed. With the Saints' fielding a starting lineup of Sharper, Harper, Greer, and Porter... teams averaged a passer rating under 55, including the postseason where they played three future hall of fame QBs.

Simply put... bring back the #1 scoring (and yardage) offense in the league and field a top 5 pass defense with that... teams stand no chance without the ball bouncing their way a few times in the game and scoring at least once on a punt/kick return.

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

Easily?

Dude.

Perhaps easily wasn't the correct word. I remember early on in Lynch's career where he was benched. It did take him 3 or 4 seasons to start making his mark. Everyone likes to think McKay drafted him but Sam Wyche drafted him in the 3rd round out of Stanford at the urging of then Stanford head coach Bill Walsh.

I wasn't taking anything away from Lynch just pointing out that Jackson is the real deal and if he and Talib can stay outta trouble we'll be kicking plenty of NFC South A$$ in the not too distant future.

Definitely luck is needed to help win it all, and in the Saints' case, the main luck they had was getting healthy just in time for the playoffs.

However, there is a general huge misconception about the Saints' defense from last year. I'll throw out the argument on them trying to outscore their opponent... duh, that's how you win a game.. outscore them. Saints were ranked pretty high in total defense until the midway portion of the season when they suffered a rash of injuries. Yardage doesn't mean a whole lot anyway when you're up by 20+ in many of your games. Of course teams are going to put a lot of meaningless yards on you in the fourth quarter.

Anyway, every team in NFC South is built offensively to score on this D since all of them can run the ball. But if they get behind, it's over. Saints still haven't improved enough in my opinion to be able to consistantly stop the run. But there's no doubt that teams stand no chance at passing the ball on them. Even without Porter and Greer for 5 and 7 games (6 and 8 if you count them hardly playing in week 17), respectively, they still finished third in the league in passer rating allowed. With the Saints' fielding a starting lineup of Sharper, Harper, Greer, and Porter... teams averaged a passer rating under 55, including the postseason where they played three future hall of fame QBs.

Simply put... bring back the #1 scoring (and yardage) offense in the league and field a top 5 pass defense with that... teams stand no chance without the ball bouncing their way a few times in the game and scoring at least once on a punt/kick return.

Or getting the play the vikes who literally gave the game to the saints.

halfway through the season the saints were blessed to play a bevy of inexperienced and flat out bad passers.

I mean you played Stafford, Kolb, Trent Edwards and Mark Sanchez in consecutive weeks

They had like 12 starts in NFL combined.

The saints were good enough to get a head and force the young players into mistakes.

Your are not going to have that luxury this year.

The saints are far from a top 5 defense.

Or getting the play the vikes who literally gave the game to the saints.

halfway through the season the saints were blessed to play a bevy of inexperienced and flat out bad passers.

I mean you played Stafford, Kolb, Trent Edwards and Mark Sanchez in consecutive weeks

They had like 12 starts in NFL combined.

The saints were good enough to get a head and force the young players into mistakes.

Your are not going to have that luxury this year.

The saints are far from a top 5 defense.

God he's still going on about how lucky we got against the QBs last year :rolleyes:

You guys played mostly the same guys, sorry you couldn't handle them as easily. We had great games against several top QBs, including 3 HoFers in row.

Incidentally, do you remember the QB who had the roughest time against us? ;)

God he's still going on about how lucky we got against the QBs last year rolleyes.gif

You guys played mostly the same guys, sorry you couldn't handle them as easily. We had great games against several top QBs, including 3 HoFers in row.

Incidentally, do you remember the QB who had the roughest time against us? wink.gif

Like you said, I'm looking forward to seeing how he explains these numbers:

76-117, 848 yards, 2 TD, 4 INT, 77.8 QB rating

How does a "lucky" defense keep three of the best QB's to ever play the game to those kind of numbers? He says we won't have "that luxury" again this year, I'm perfectly fine with that because we only have to face one of those three guys again this year...wink.gif

Futher more, I have to ask what he considers good QB's? I look at the schedule and I see we get to face:

Matt Ryan x2

Matt Moore x2

Josh Freeman x2

Sam Bradford (or whoever is starting in St. Louis)

Jake Delhomme

Matt Leinart

Alex Smith

and even Hasselbeck and Palmer proved not to be that good last season. I don't have many worries.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Wow that is the best joke I have heard in a long time.

How can they be anywhere close to the deepest in the league when Greer and Porter where hurt, the saints trash for secondary were getting lit up by the like of Marc Bulger, Chris Redman, Jason Campbell, and Josh Freeman???

talk about koolaid drinking.

In fact is the saints after Porter and Greer who are a top 5 duo together.... the saints secondary is garbage.

Excellent point, I would've made it but I was out of town. They were getting lit up regularly for 300 or more yards. Don't mention the tonage of yards they gave up on the ground either. The saints offense has ways of covering up GWs porous 25th ranked defense! ;)

Excellent point, I would've made it but I was out of town. They were getting lit up regularly for 300 or more yards. Don't mention the tonage of yards they gave up on the ground either. The saints offense has ways of covering up GWs porous 25th ranked defense! ;)

I don't see what last year has to do with it. I took the comment to be about this year AFTER the drafting of Robinson, getting Vaughn (last year's 4th rounder) back from injury, and the RESIGNING of Sharper.

Still, its only an opinion at this point and nothing for falcon fans to get all up in arms about... B)

I don't see what last year has to do with it. I took the comment to be about this year AFTER the drafting of Robinson, getting Vaughn (last year's 4th rounder) back from injury, and the RESIGNING of Sharper.

Still, its only an opinion at this point and nothing for falcon fans to get all up in arms about... cool.gif

Figures a Saints fan would be the one to understand, like I said the Saints have one of the deeper secondaries in the NFL. I welcome a Falcon fan to challenge that.

Figures a Saints fan would be the one to understand, like I said the Saints have one of the deeper secondaries in the NFL. I welcome a Falcon fan to challenge that.

Already have.. **** YOu even challenged by pointing out the sucktiude that the saints back ups had.

Like I said you can not in one breath talk about how deep you are, and then in the next breath say "well starters were not playing" when confronted with the fact the saints secondary was getting sliced like butter.

If your back ups come in and play well then you are deep at a position.

Example the saints running back group last year, each guy who came in there was no noticable drop off in production. So you can make an argument that the saints had a deep back field.......

However when your starters are not in and there isa SEVER drop off in production then you can not say it is one of the deepest positions.

Get your head out of your arse.

God he's still going on about how lucky we got against the QBs last year :rolleyes:

Incidentally, do you remember the QB who had the roughest time against us? ;)

Which great games you speak of??

I know you are not saying the saints defense played great against the Vikes or Colts.

They played a good game against Brady and Warner..... but it was not your defense that won against the vikes or colts. If you honestly think that you are one of the most clueless people ever.

The saints beat the vikes on luck.and luck alone. from Peterson fumble while not even being touched, to more then generous calls later in the game by the refs, Ie missed roughing the passer, blatantly wrong PI calls, Blatantly wrong rulling of a catch, questionable spot on 4th down etc etc.

Against the colts the saitns offense owned the field, they were on it nearly the entire 3rd quarter, and the saints got a lucky break on the ballsy onside kick.

The saints did little defensivly to slow down either of the vikes or colts.

Already have.. **** YOu even challenged by pointing out the sucktiude that the saints back ups had.

Like I said you can not in one breath talk about how deep you are, and then in the next breath say "well starters were not playing" when confronted with the fact the saints secondary was getting sliced like butter.

If your back ups come in and play well then you are deep at a position.

Example the saints running back group last year, each guy who came in there was no noticable drop off in production. So you can make an argument that the saints had a deep back field.......

However when your starters are not in and there isa SEVER drop off in production then you can not say it is one of the deepest positions.

Get your head out of your arse.

Your 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th string corners will NEVER be above averaging quality starting type of players. When both your 1st and 2nd corners go down within a week of each other, your defense WILL struggle. I don't care what team we're speaking of.

That is why you can say your deep, but when your two starting corners go down you can say you'll struggle. Your nickel and dime corners are just that, there is a reason they don't cover the #1 and #2 wideouts on teams. They cover the #3 and #4 guys, and they do it well. That goes above football 101, that's common sense.

Again I'll ask, and I hope you pull your head out of your @$$ and actually answer back, find me say...4 teams that are deeper in the secondary then this:

CB:

Jabari Greer

Tracy Porter

Patrick Robinson

Randall Gay

Leigh Torrence

Malcolm Jenkins*

Usama Young*

FS:

Darren Sharper

Malcolm Jenkins*

Chip Vaughn

Usama Young*

SS:

Roman Harper

Pierson Prioleau

Chris Reis

That is incredibly deep. Take off the black and red shades and come back to reality please.

Edited by nolafan33

Your 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th string corners will NEVER be above averaging quality starting type of players. When both your 1st and 2nd corners go down within a week of each other, your defense WILL struggle. I don't care what team we're speaking of.

That is why you can say your deep, but when your two starting corners go down you can say you'll struggle. Your nickel and dime corners are just that, there is a reason they don't cover the #1 and #2 wideouts on teams. They cover the #3 and #4 guys, and they do it well. That goes above football 101, that's common sense.

Again I'll ask, and I hope you pull your head out of your @$$ and actually answer back, find me say...4 teams that are deeper in the secondary then this:

CB:

Jabari Greer

Tracy Porter

Patrick Robinson

Randall Gay

Leigh Torrence

Malcolm Jenkins*

Usama Young*

FS:

Darren Sharper

Malcolm Jenkins*

Chip Vaughn

Usama Young*

SS:

Roman Harper

Pierson Prioleau

Chris Reis

That is incredibly deep. Take off the black and red shades and come back to reality please.

If by incredibly deep you mean getting torched by back ups and cast off qbs, then you are 100% correct.

like I said depth is having several guys who can step up and perform well when starters go down. its not about being as good or better then starters its about still being productive.

That was not the case for the saints secondary.

I made the reference to the saints back field, you could also make case for the saints wrs, Colston goes down a couple years ago and moore gets 1000 yards, Moore goes down and Colston beastes it up, Colston not playing well , Meachem and Henderson step up.

THAT is having depth. THAT is being a deep at a position.

When your starter goes down and your back up comes in and just sucks , that is a position you dont have depth in.

You can list names all you want but the fact is after the top 2 there is a sever drop in talent. The saints have bodies not not much real talent.

And if they did they would not have drafted a corner with the first pick after drafting one the year before.

I figured this kind of statement would be what you'd come back with. Ok, I get it. You can't back up your argument...laugh.gif

I HAVE backed it up. You are just to much of a idiot homer to see it.

I pointed out not one, not 2 ,not 3, but 4.. FOUR examples of the saints secondary getting lit up when the starters were hurt.

Bulger, Campbell, Redman, Freeman........ all had GREAT games vs the saints beat up secondary.

The rams have no one other then Jackson on offense yet they still controlled the saints defense, The skins had no one on offense and Campbell looked like a probowler.

Redman was missing Turner and both our wrs were gimpy.

The bucs had little on offense to help freeman who was a rookie and he still cut through the saints defense.

I HAVE backed it up. You are just to much of a idiot homer to see it.

I pointed out not one, not 2 ,not 3, but 4.. FOUR examples of the saints secondary getting lit up when the starters were hurt.

Bulger, Campbell, Redman, Freeman........ all had GREAT games vs the saints beat up secondary.

The rams have no one other then Jackson on offense yet they still controlled the saints defense, The skins had no one on offense and Campbell looked like a probowler.

Redman was missing Turner and both our wrs were gimpy.

The bucs had little on offense to help freeman who was a rookie and he still cut through the saints defense.

facepalm.jpg

Your a fool, I swear. Please tell me you just play dumb...

When will it hit you that we aren't talking about last season, we're talking about THIS SEASON. It's been said in a few posts that we're talking about this season, when it should have never been said. When will you get it?

Notice, even in my last post I posted the Saints depth chart from THIS season, not last season. You have to be half ******** to not notice that. Has it hit you yet? Do you get it now? Please tell me you do...laugh.gif

Edited by nolafan33

facepalm.jpg

Your a fool, I swear. Please tell me you just play dumb...

When will it hit you that we aren't talking about last season, we're talking about THIS SEASON. It's been said in a few posts that we're talking about this season, when it should have never been said. When will you get it?

Notice, even in my last post I posted the Saints depth chart from THIS season, not last season. Hast it hit you yet? Do you get it now? Please tell me you do...laugh.gif

So great that means you can not mentioned the superbowl at all at any point then right?

After all that was "last season"

so if lets say the saints fall to 7-9 and we all can point how how lame of a coach payton is right?

Since this season has not started yet hte only things we have to go on is last season, and last season after the top 2 the saints corners were HORRIBLE.