RIP Lorenzen Wright

Memphis, TN 7/28/2010) A body found near Hacks Cross and Winchester in Memphis appears to be that of missing former NBA player Lorenzen Wright.

Wright's family members tell us the body is that of the missing former NBA player.

Memphis police confirm the body is that of a male and was found in a wooded area not too far from where Wright was last seen Sunday July 18.

His family confirms Wright, who played for the University of Memphis, the Grizzlies and most recently the Cleveland Cavaliers, has been having financial problems.

Wright recently had two homes, one in Memphis and one in Atlanta, foreclosed on.

A spokesperson for the Collierville Police Department originally said they have no reason to suspect foul play.

FAST FACTS:

* Lorenzen Wright missing for more than a week

* Wright's ex-wife makes tearful plea for information

* Some family members suspect foul play

(Collierville, TN 7/26/2010) - "He's fine. I am not going to believe anything else. I just need somebody to call if they have seen him."

Sherra Wright is pleading for someone to come forward with some information about her ex-husband, Lorenzen Wright's whereabouts and whether he is ok.

She told us Lorenzen had been at her Collierville home Sunday.

"He wasn't able to spend the night because he wasn't here that long. He ran out and he never came back." says Sherra.

"He was fine. He was fine. He was in good mental condition, he was fine."

Lorenzen seemingly disappeared into thin air.

Police have followed up on reports that Lorenzen was seen at a Southeast Memphis Barber shop Monday and a barber cut his hair.

But no one at the shop is talking.

Lorenzen Wright's mother, Deborah Marion, says it's unlike him to not call his family.

"I can't pinpoint, no where he could be. I don't know where he is. No friends, we checked all his friends from here to Atlanta, Mississippi, everywhere so I don't have a clue," says Marion.

Lorenzen's father believes he is on vacation in Europe.

But police say there is no concrete evidence of that.

Police say they have gotten plenty of calls and tips, but none have led to Lorenzen.

"I am just gonne believe he is on a trip and he's doing what he is doing and someone gonna tell him people looking for him and he gonna come home," says Sherra.

Lorenzen now lives in Atlanta, but was in Memphis to see his kids.

He left behind his phones, vehicles and there have been no transactions on his bank account.

One of his sisters says she is working on creating a flyer to pass out all over Memphis in hopes that will jar someone's memory and ultimately bring her brother home.

:( He was too young to die.

His ex-wife just reported that armed gunmen showed up at her house about 6 weeks ago looking for Wright. Apparently he was into something pretty deep.

Maybe she should have mentioned that little tid bit to the cops when he went missing....

I'm sure it was a scary situation, but still..

Maybe she should have mentioned that little tid bit to the cops when he was missing....

I'm sure it was a scary situation, but if she should have said something the moment he was missing.

She said they threatened to kill everyone if she talked.

Yea, I figured. Personally, I'd cooperate and get the family out of the area for the foreseeable future.

Well these guys supposedly showed up in sports coats and suits packing heat in shoulder holsters. Not your normal thug in a hoody that pulls out a snub nose .38. Dudes like that show up on my doorstep I figure they mean business and have a little more clout, wherewithal, and muscle behind them than your average hitman. Like I said dude was apparently into something deep.

His ex-wife just reported that armed gunmen showed up at her house about 6 weeks ago looking for Wright. Apparently he was into something pretty deep.

Sounds like she is trying to cover her ###. And doing it in a stupid way.

" oh, he's dead, well this guy showed up with a gun looking for him. I would have mentioned that but the guy said he would kill me. So I will mention it now after he killed Lorenzen."

I smell doo doo.