Two Gamecocks leave the team

Xnex

Supposedly two Gamecocks have left the team prior to the opening of fall practice. Zac Brindise is a qb, who was down the depth chart a bit. He has evidentally decided to transfer to Western Carolina where he should compete for playing time. That one wasn't unexpected, I think. But Ronald Byrd has also left according to what I've heard. He is a RS Freshman who played HS ball in Georgia. He's a huge kid who hurt his knee after finally getting on campus last season, and supposedly he's never really put in the work or shown real effort to improve himself after the injury. From what I hear he just felt like he wasn't going to get any playing time, and since that was the case he didn't really work hard in practice. The current depth chart had him in the 3rd spot at one of the tackle positions.

I don't think either loss will have any real effect. Brindise would have only seen the field if EVERYTHING went wrong. Byrd, would have only played if some serious injuries to several people occured as well.

Supposedly two Gamecocks have left the team prior to the opening of fall practice. Zac Brindise is a qb, who was down the depth chart a bit. He has evidentally decided to transfer to Western Carolina where he should compete for playing time. That one wasn't unexpected, I think. But Ronald Byrd has also left according to what I've heard. He is a RS Freshman who played HS ball in Georgia. He's a huge kid who hurt his knee after finally getting on campus last season, and supposedly he's never really put in the work or shown real effort to improve himself after the injury. From what I hear he just felt like he wasn't going to get any playing time, and since that was the case he didn't really work hard in practice. The current depth chart had him in the 3rd spot at one of the tackle positions.

I don't think either loss will have any real effect. Brindise would have only seen the field if EVERYTHING went wrong. Byrd, would have only played if some serious injuries to several people occured as well.

i don't think either will hurt you guys, but i do thing not getting quarles may. Also I am wondering what happens with Saunders.. have you heard anything?

Sorry, as a Clemson fan, I had to be a smartass.

It's cool tigger,it's all cool. I've had 44 years of taking flack from everyone. I wouldn't know how to feel if things were any other way.

i don't think either will hurt you guys, but i do thing not getting quarles may. Also I am wondering what happens with Saunders.. have you heard anything?

Quarles would have fought for serious playing time, so you're correct about his abscence. That being said, I think we still have really good talent at DT, but we need to avoid serious injuries at that spot.

I haven't heard anything more about Saunders at all. As a matter of fact, I was going to ask you the same thing. This thing is likely to be settled in late September and Weslye will have to miss games, even if he's innocent. But if he is indeed innocent, it would seem that the NCAA could come up with a decision fairly quickly.

Have they ever really given an explanation as to what the NCAA was interested in talking about down at UGA? I mean, AJ was very clear in his statement regarding the fact that he has never been to Miami, so I would think the NCAA wanted to talk to someone else or they would have decided not to go to UGA with AJ being so concise and definitive about it.

It's cool tigger,it's all cool. I've had 44 years of taking flack from everyone. I wouldn't know how to feel if things were any other way.

Quarles would have fought for serious playing time, so you're correct about his abscence. That being said, I think we still have really good talent at DT, but we need to avoid serious injuries at that spot.

I haven't heard anything more about Saunders at all. As a matter of fact, I was going to ask you the same thing. This thing is likely to be settled in late September and Weslye will have to miss games, even if he's innocent. But if he is indeed innocent, it would seem that the NCAA could come up with a decision fairly quickly.

Have they ever really given an explanation as to what the NCAA was interested in talking about down at UGA? I mean, AJ was very clear in his statement regarding the fact that he has never been to Miami, so I would think the NCAA wanted to talk to someone else or they would have decided not to go to UGA with AJ being so concise and definitive about it.

I haven't heard much on saunders at all. It went very quiet after all that media coverage blew up right before and during media days. Regarding uga the ncaa did indeed ask to talk with 1 player who is aj green, but it's an inquiry to see if he was offered the trip and so forth. He wasn't there we know that from pictures he put up because he was in summerville that weekend, but i heard something from someone who on our board usually gives us inside ncaa info and met with his contact in indianapolis who said that the ncaa didn't have anything on uga, but still decided to publicly do the inquiry because of... Frankly it's complete I won't finish that statement, but aj green is fine from what we know.