Place Kicker is my biggest worry, could cost us two games at least

Gnorts

I don't know what the stats are for kickers winning and losing games or if they can even keep such stats but, I would like to know just to see if we are unlucky or if we are normal. My guess in the last five years, except for 2008, kickers have lost us an average of one-two games a year... I can remember some really bad games...

So I guess the question is, is this normal in the NFL or are we unlucky.

Thoughts?

I don't know what the stats are for kickers winning and losing games or if they can even keep such stats but, I would like to know just to see if we are unlucky or if we are normal. My guess in the last five years, except for 2008, kickers have lost us an average of one-two games a year... I can remember some really bad games...

So I guess the question is, is this normal in the NFL or are we unlucky.

Thoughts?

I agree, that position has been a real pain in the azz for us, I think we be OK with Bryant, he is money from 45 in, and got a strong leg, but his accuracy on 45+ is not that great, he got the leg to get it there from 50 +, but a little shaky ...for sure it is a positrion open to upgrade, but Bryant prolly be steady for us if not spectacular .....what pizzes me off is that Prater kid, who blew with us, then became a pretty fine kicker for the Donks, oh well, must be the altitude .....

I have started 3-4 threads and commented on 7-10 others...

We need to spend the $ to get a top 5 or top 10 kicker....

We can easily lose 1-2 games due to our current roster... Difference between division and wild card, or wild card and NO playoffs...

TD bring a stud home...!

I have started 3-4 threads and commented on 7-10 others...

We need to spend the $ to get a top 5 or top 10 kicker....

We can easily lose 1-2 games due to our current roster... Difference between division and wild card, or wild card and NO playoffs...

TD bring a stud home...!

Problem is they don't hit the market. It's very difficult to get that top 5 or 10 kicker, either in draft or free agency.

Bryant can't kick more than 45yds though that shouldn't be a problem if our offense can move the ball as advertised.

Find me a consistently accurate kicker who can kick the 50 yarders who is on the market. Everyone is acting like we can go to the kicker store right now and pick one up.

I've been saying this for years and every time I do I usually get mobbed by apparently ignorant people who say that I'm crazy and there is no problem. Really? Are you that &*$^ blind?

man where the he** have you been bro?!!! You've been like a ghost! I havn't seen you in a minute lol

Edited by JKH5785

I agree, that position has been a real pain in the azz for us, I think we be OK with Bryant, he is money from 45 in, and got a strong leg, but his accuracy on 45+ is not that great, he got the leg to get it there from 50 +, but a little shaky ...for sure it is a positrion open to upgrade, but Bryant prolly be steady for us if not spectacular .....what pizzes me off is that Prater kid, who blew with us, then became a pretty fine kicker for the Donks, oh well, must be the altitude .....

Just my own personal opinion on Bryant, but I still say he bagged it on purpose. Or let me just say, that at a bare minimum, the Pigtrino dictatorship did nothing to help him want to perform or stay here. Good for him for gettin' the **** outta dodge.

Btw, I agree w/Jesus - if the offense gets us close enough, I think Bryant is going to be solid this year.

man where the he** have you been bro?!!! You've been like a ghost! I havn't seen you in a minute lol

Man, I have been really really busy the last 8 months or so. My wife and I found out she was pregnant in December and ever since then I have been nonstop doing something. I still post in ABF occasionally. I'm always lurking. Just had my son last night at 6:15 man! So I may even be more of a ghost, but believe me when I say I'm never too far away and I am always dedicated to my team whether I post or not. :)

dsci0047.jpg

Man, I have been really really busy the last 8 months or so. My wife and I found out she was pregnant in December and ever since then I have been nonstop doing something. I still post in ABF occasionally. I'm always lurking. Just had my son last night at 6:15 man! So I may even be more of a ghost, but believe me when I say I'm never too far away and I am always dedicated to my team whether I post or not. :)

Congratulations, and that's a good looking boy.