How many sacks will Gerald McCoy have in 2010?

SaintRay

Here's my prediction for the young stud DT >>>>

Brees = 0

Ryan = 2-3

Clausen = 3

(None against the Saints because he'll face the strength of the O-line, which is clearly the middle of the line)

But I could see him stepping the pressure up in the middle for many years to come. Would loved to see this guy on my team.

really, yes.

5 sacks in 6 games total.

actually it would be 5 sacks in 4 games since you say he wont get to brees,so those 2 games against the saints wouldnt really count...so are you still serious?hope this gives a better perspective on what your saying, because 5 sacks the whole year would be a very good year for the rookie...maybe you should rethink what you started here...just sayin B)

Chances are he won't get more than 5-6 all year. But with McCoy, Miller, and Price on the interior... our overall disruption should go up, and sack totals for the DE's and blitzers should go up.

DT isn't a glamour position, unless you are Warren Sapp. And even he didn't light it up his first couple years. But you can still make a huge impact for the rest of the team by getting into the backfield, even if you don't get a sack.

Our defense was getting on the right track at the end of last year. I expect us to be close to the top 12 this year.

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

Chances are he won't get more than 5-6 all year. But with McCoy, Miller, and Price on the interior... our overall disruption should go up, and sack totals for the DE's and blitzers should go up.

DT isn't a glamour position, unless you are Warren Sapp. And even he didn't light it up his first couple years. But you can still make a huge impact for the rest of the team by getting into the backfield, even if you don't get a sack.

Our defense was getting on the right track at the end of last year. I expect us to be close to the top 12 this year.

I'm in total agreement. It's been my contention since we drafted McCoy that his initial contribution will simply be to make our entire D-line more effective. I'd say 6 sacks would be the max this season but after he gets his feet wet and starts getting to know NFL line play he'll be in double figures for most of his career..........yes even plowing Breesus more than a few times.

Saints 0-1

Falcons 0-1

Panthers 1

Reasoning?

Against the Saints, he only has a chance because they will probably use an balanced attack. If he draws double teams, he won't have a shot against the interior line.

Against the Falcons, I only give him a chance for 1 because he may line up against Blalock, our weakest link. With two young DTs in the middle, you can expect a very heavy dose of our running attack and a 65-35 balance in favor of the running game. Not many opportunities for him to get a sack.

Against the Panthers, you have the recipe for sacks. Young QBs, weak interior line. However, like us, you can expect an even heavier dose of their rushing attack with I'd imagine an 75-25 balance in favor of the running game.

More then likely, he will have a total of 2 sacks in those 6 games. 2-3 more in the other 10.

Predicting sacks from a young DL is precarious at best. Right off the top of my head I can't think of a young DL that came into the league and went sack crazy, I really can't.

For a DT, I'd probably say it was Amobi Okoye. He's been a ghost since then though.

Saints 0-1

Falcons 0-1

Panthers 1

Reasoning?

Against the Saints, he only has a chance because they will probably use an balanced attack. If he draws double teams, he won't have a shot against the interior line.

Against the Falcons, I only give him a chance for 1 because he may line up against Blalock, our weakest link. With two young DTs in the middle, you can expect a very heavy dose of our running attack and a 65-35 balance in favor of the running game. Not many opportunities for him to get a sack.

Against the Panthers, you have the recipe for sacks. Young QBs, weak interior line. However, like us, you can expect an even heavier dose of their rushing attack with I'd imagine an 75-25 balance in favor of the running game.

More then likely, he will have a total of 2 sacks in those 6 games. 2-3 more in the other 10.

What part of the interior line is weak? Pro Bowl center, underrated left guard in Wharton, and there's one spot that could be below average. There are a lot of unproven names in the competition for right guard, so they could either be good or bad. Categorizing the interior line as 'weak' is a falsehood.

He won't have any sacks against Clausen, because Clausen won't be playing. It's tough to predict in this division because two teams are so run-heavy and Brees just doesn't get sacked. I say he'll pick up two or three in those six games, all of them coming against Carolina and Atlanta.

REV2 I stab them where its hurts but most of these friggin saints fans don't bleed...I think their all vampires... :lol:

THEY WILL BLEED THIS YEAR. AND WE GOT THE SILVER BULLET TO DO IT.

THEY AIN'T GOING TO FANCY THIS YEAR AT ALL. GET YOUR LICKS IN ON'EM

WHILE YOU CAN, BY THE HALF WAY POINT .... THERE WON'T BE NARY A

SAINT TO BE FOUND IN THESE PARTS.