Michael Floyd

hawkeye

I know he might have a little off-field issues, but I might would take a chance on him in the 1st. The more I

look at him the more I like him. He makes a lot of tough catches and has good body control. Him, Kerrigan, and

Gilbert might not be bad as the 1st 3 picks.

I know he might have a little off-field issues, but I might would take a chance on him in the 1st. The more I

look at him the more I like him. He makes a lot of tough catches and has good body control. Him, Kerrigan, and

Gilbert might not be bad as the 1st 3 picks.

I have Floyd #1 in my next draft... I dont think its off the field troubles with him even tho some will wonder do he fill entitled... I think its a health issue with Michael Floyd... Can he stay healthy... I think he will be a great target for the Ice man

Problem with Floyd is IF he is healthy all season, then as long as Dayne Crist isn't terrible he's going to put up insane numbers. That will take him outside of our draft range even if he runs a comparatively slow 40 which he might do - he seems to have more burst and acceleration than top-end speed.

And if he isn't healthy, that's three in three years and it becomes a major risk.

However, if either Green or a healthy Floyd is somehow available, you don't think twice.

He is also #1 on my next mock. But I just don't think he is going to put up those crazy numbers while learning a new offense and having a new QB. If he wants to be a top pick, he also is going to have to shake those injury issues. If he gets injured again this year, that could really hurt his stock. And like Falcochicquera said, he doesn't seem like he is going to break out a 4.3 in the 40.

It is a lot of question marks with him, but in the end, I think he will get drafted in the late 1st round (our area). I would LOVE to add him to our Offense though.

If one of the top tier WR's are available when we pick we HAVE to take them. We passed up on Dez Bryant last year, who I think will be a star in the NFL. We can't afford to do that again. Jenkins is holding our offense back. Roddy is in his prime and we need someone on the other side to take away some attention from him.

How would you guys compare him to Jonathan Baldwin???

Baldwin has the same speed concerns but a 6'5 225lb frame to overcome them. However whenever I watch Baldwin he's never wide open even in college which means he's either got agility/acceleration problems or route running issues (I'm not a good enough scout to know which!). If you can't get seperation and are using your frame to win in college, I'm not sure you're ever going to be a number 1 in the NFL.

Floyd however gets down the field more, makes great catches with his hands (may be getting hit in stride more as Clausen is probably better than Bill Stull) and is far more elusive with ball in hand. Plus he has great acceleration off the line (Baldwin is a bit more lumbering) which will help against strong press corners in the NFL.

Baldwin looks to me like a nice complementary piece but Floyd looks like a stud. Also, Floyd has health concerns which we have (2009 draft) dealt with in the past. Baldwin has character concerns which we have not.

However I'm sure one of the more qualified guys will be along soon to give you a fuller picture.

I personally think Floyd has a ton of talent but I have a few friends who go to Notre Dame and they told me that Floyd has a big ego and something of an attitude, which isn't really surprising. It will be interesting to see how he does in interviews, because despite his talent I could see him sliding down some if he declares. But first and foremost he has to stay healthy, but he never really had injury issues in high school that I remember (he played HS ball in Minnesota, Cretin-Derham Hall is pretty much unstoppable) so I'd be surprised if he got hurt again this year.