• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is going to be a tough game guys!!

• Bengals swept Division last year, didn't lose one division game
  • Playoff team that is expecting to have a healthy Carson Palmer back
  • Strong Defensively
  • Chad - Antonio Bryant - TO
  • Coming off Bye-Week

Just naming a few things. They will bring a competition with them to ATL.

We got some things going for us too...

• @ home
  • Healthy team
  • Revamped Defense
  • Finished Season strong

I think it's more appropriate to be a lil concerned about this game, rather than thinking Cinci is gullible for bringing Owens in.

I see this game being a hard fought game much like the Denver game from 2008. I think we will get the win due to our track record at home and having a healthy team. Our secondary is unproven at the moment, and I hope they perform like we all think they will, we will need them to be on their game against Cinci.

JMO

Edited by JKH5785

• Strong Defensively
  • Coming off Bye-Week

• @ home
  • Healthy team
  • Revamped Defense
  • Finished Season strong

I think it's more appropriate to be a lil concerned about this game, rather than thinking Cinci is gullible for bringing Owens in.

I see this game being a hard fought game much like the Denver game from 2008. I think we will get the win due to our track record at home and having a healthy team. Our secondary is unproven at the moment, and I hope they perform like we all think they will, we will need them to be on their game against Cinci.

JMO

facts...I see Matt Ryan having a really big game against them though.

Very true. But due to history and rep., will more likley be the opposite

What history and rep? They've always been great receivers and the only person that hasn't gotten along with anybody was T.O. and it was mainly his QB, not the other WR's.

I think it's really easy to see he has changed based on his comments and his attitude last year. The only time he had any legit reason to be upset with his QB's was last year and he didn't say a word.

Chad has never had problems with teammates and him and T.O. have been friends for years. I think this makes our game for October 24th much harder.

Our secondary struggled against Antonio Bryant while he was with Tampa. With Dunta most likely covering Chad, that leave either Owens/Grimes/Franks/Jackson to cover TO and Bryant

I think they will try to spread us out, spread us thin. Our Safeties will need to be on point in this game.

• Strong Defensively
  • Coming off Bye-Week

• @ home
  • Healthy team
  • Revamped Defense
  • Finished Season strong

JMO

I doubt we'll see much of Bryant. What I have understood from reports is that his knee is pretty messed up. The Bengals passed on TO earlier and signed Bryant to a fairly nice contract - and apparently - they have been really, really unhappy with his progress and think his knee problem is worse than expected. That's why they jumped back in the pile for T.O. and offered him a contract pretty quick.

It means our game against the Bengals just got that much tougher.

You had me at this statement. Didn't even need that longer post, because I already understood all that. Many on the board don't seem to give TO the credit he deserves as a threat.

Brohm isn't throwing the ball this year, Palmer will not likely underthrow that route like Brohm did

I was at that Buffalo game. Brohm is just not a good QB yet. I don't think TOwens was even trying on that pass that Chris defended. He was out of position and the pass sucked to begin with. They weren't clicking at all. I can see it being a whole different story w/Palmer.

This is about as far away as you can get from a penciled in win.

Edited by kibitzer

You had me at this statement. Didn't even need that longer post, because I already understood all that. Many on the board don't seem to give TO the credit he deserves as a threat.

I was at that Buffalo game. Brohm is just not a good QB yet. I don't think TOwens was even trying on that pass that Chris defended. He was out of position and the pass sucked to begin with. They weren't clicking at all. I can see it being a whole different story w/Palmer.

This is about as far away as you can get from a penciled in win.

Nothing is penciled in. "Any given Sunday".