When it is all said and done

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who will have the better Falcon career?

Not to be negative, I don't think Turner will ever be the runningback that he was in '08. Infact, I think it's only a matter of time, before we look elsewhere. I'm thinking he's only going to be good for us for about another 2 seasons, but I really hope he makes me look like a complete idiot 2 seasons from now. I voted Dunn.

I vote Turner. He currently holds the record for rushing yards in a single game for ATL, and if he can stay healthy, I think he has the power/size/speed to be the best.

I love Dunn, and more so love what he stands for, but to me he wasn't the power runner that Mike is. I think that being a Powerback will take Turner far as long as he can stay healthy.

I believe Dunn would have found a way to give back even if he was never a football player. He is not a celebrity that has a charity he is a charitable person that happened to be a celebrity. The way *I* measure careers he will have a hard time ever being beat but I welcome anyone to try and I am sure he does too.

Not to be negative, I don't think Turner will ever be the runningback that he was in '08. Infact, I think it's only a matter of time, before we look elsewhere. I'm thinking he's only going to be good for us for about another 2 seasons, but I really hope he makes me look like a complete idiot 2 seasons from now. I voted Dunn.

Think positive my man, Turner might not get 1699 yards this season rushing but he will come close to 1500 yards. You have to remember Turner doesn't have the wear and tear on his body like most backs his age do. He sat behind LT for a few seasons, I see Turner having a good solid 5 more years with us at least. I say Turner has the better career stat wise when it's all over.

I chose Turner.

In this league, success is based on one thing: Superbowl rings. If you believe as I believe that this team is a Superbowl-caliber team, then you should also know that we won't make it there without Turner. He's a vital piece to our offense and simply put, when he's on fire, we win games. Dunn was a great person on and off the field, but he couldn't get it done for us.

Well, Turner already has Dunn's TD record in the bag. So, that leaves only the yardage milestone.

At this point, Turner needs to gain 3,411 yards to match Dunn's career yardage total as a Falcon. He is signed through 2013, which will make him 30 years old at the time his contract expires. So, the question is this:

Can Turner - who has averaged 1,285 yards per season as a starter for the Falcons and is squarely in his prime of his career - average 853 yards per season over the final four years of his contract?

I say, "easily."

The real question is will Turner average the required 1,015 a season to eclipse Riggs' franchise rushing record? (I say "yes" on that one, also.)

I WANTED to say Turner, but my heart told me Dunn

i feel the exact same way, plus dunn was in a zone scheme where he was a one cut runner... he got a lot of yards like that, and he knew when to go down, the problem with power backs is that they take a lot of punishment... so i dknot know.... if turner does have more yrds then dunn then i still wont complain.... but its goin to be hard knowing that were moving to passing the ball more, and dunn was in a run fist offense for 6-7 years.... so... good luck turner...

Top FIVE?? Who are #3 and #4??. Dunn should be #3 at least, maybe #2.

Gerald Riggs and William Andrews easily beat him out. Michael Turner is more talented, but doesn't have the long term production yet. Jamal Anderson deserves mention here as well.

Gerald Riggs and William Andrews easily beat him out. Michael Turner is more talented, but doesn't have the long term production yet. Jamal Anderson deserves mention here as well.

• Jamal Anderson: ATT - 1329, YDS - 5336, TDs - 34, YPC - 4.0, YPG - 60.6 / REC - 156, YDS - 1645, TDs - 7, YPR - 10.5, RYPG - 18.7
  • William Andrews: ATT - 1315, YDS - 5986, TDs - 30, YPC - 4.6, YPG - 68.8 / REC - 277, YDS - 2647, TDs - 11, YPR - 9.6, RYPG - 30.4
  • Gerald Riggs: ATT - 1587, YDS - 6631, TDs - 48, YPC - 4.2, YPG - 72.9 / REC - 186, YDS - 1384, TDs - 0, YPR - 7.4, RYPG - 15.2
  • Warrick Dunn: ATT - 1413, YDS - 5981, TDs - 30, YPC - 4.2, YPG - 66.5 / REC - 204, YDS - 1635, TDs - 6, YPR - 8.0, RYPG - 18.2

Andrews and Dunn are quite similar until you get to receiving. "Easily" beats him out is kind of stretching it. Jamal's numbers are good, but they are over two more seasons than Dunn and Andrews, so I take him out of the discussion. I think people remember him so fondly because of 1998, but in reality, one-third of his numbers are from one season.

As far as Turner...he can easily get the TD numbers, but I am wondering about the yards and carries. Receptions appears to be not even in the realm of possibility since we seem to not throw to him very much. I think he will have good numbers and be in the running, but I bet over the career that Dunn may edge him out. Mostly due to style of play (of both the running back AND the offense).

Dunn started and finished his career as a Buc. He has spent too much time there to even be compared to Turner in most instances for me personally. This is surely just a thread to kill time.

He may have started and finished his career as a Buc, but the fact that he wanted to be a minority owner of the Falcons speaks volumes.

Off the field, I doubt anyone in the NFL is on Dunn's level. On the field, I'd take Turner. People quickly forget all the Dunn up the middle for no gain plays.

• Jamal Anderson: ATT - 1329, YDS - 5336, TDs - 34, YPC - 4.0, YPG - 60.6 / REC - 156, YDS - 1645, TDs - 7, YPR - 10.5, RYPG - 18.7
  • William Andrews: ATT - 1315, YDS - 5986, TDs - 30, YPC - 4.6, YPG - 68.8 / REC - 277, YDS - 2647, TDs - 11, YPR - 9.6, RYPG - 30.4
  • Gerald Riggs: ATT - 1587, YDS - 6631, TDs - 48, YPC - 4.2, YPG - 72.9 / REC - 186, YDS - 1384, TDs - 0, YPR - 7.4, RYPG - 15.2
  • Warrick Dunn: ATT - 1413, YDS - 5981, TDs - 30, YPC - 4.2, YPG - 66.5 / REC - 204, YDS - 1635, TDs - 6, YPR - 8.0, RYPG - 18.2

Andrews and Dunn are quite similar until you get to receiving. "Easily" beats him out is kind of stretching it. Jamal's numbers are good, but they are over two more seasons than Dunn and Andrews, so I take him out of the discussion. I think people remember him so fondly because of 1998, but in reality, one-third of his numbers are from one season.

As far as Turner...he can easily get the TD numbers, but I am wondering about the yards and carries. Receptions appears to be not even in the realm of possibility since we seem to not throw to him very much. I think he will have good numbers and be in the running, but I bet over the career that Dunn may edge him out. Mostly due to style of play (of both the running back AND the offense).

Looking at the stats, I am sure they seem closer. William Andrews and Gerald Riggs in their prime were absolute monsters. Andrews was the Marshall Faulk before Marshall Faulk, and Riggs is what you get when you mix the best of Turner, Snelling, and Mughelli.